Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Need Help How To Change Weapon Skins
Need Help How To Change Weapon Skins [message #66896] Tue, 26 June 2012 12:36 Go to next message
DarkSnake is currently offline  DarkSnake
Hey guys i need help. I am new to modding Fable and i wanna know how to change weapon skins. Example if I Wanna take the Sword of Aeons Skin and put it on Avos Tear. How Do I Do That Some Help Would Be Nice. Very Happy
Re: Need Help How To Change Weapon Skins [message #66897 is a reply to message #66896] Tue, 26 June 2012 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Here's how you do what you specifically want to do. Keep in mind that this does not work with any weapon combination other than SoA and Avo's Tear. Open FE. Find the Sword of Aeons and Avo's tear in the objects area of the game.bin. They should be labeled OBJECT_SWORD_OF_AEONS and OBJECT_SWORD_OF_AEONS_GOOD, or something similar. Double click them and a new window will open for each. Now click the little plus symbol thingy and scroll down until you find graphic. Click on it, and in the area that appears on the right hand side of the window, there will be an ID number and a link. Click the link for both swords. Now a new window will open, showing a preview for both weapons. There should be three tabs:Preview, Submesh, and Materials. Click the materials tab. Now where it says TextureID or something akin to that on the SoA's window, highlight the number and hit Ctrl+C to copy that number. Now go into Avo's Tear's window, and remove the texture ID already in there. Hit Ctrl+V to paste the number into the box. Find the button on the bottom that says apply changes, and click it. Now go back to the preview tab for Avo's Tear, and where it says LoD 0, click. A dropdown menu will appear. Repeat the steps for pasting and applying changes for each LoD, then click the top button that says apply changes. Now exit out of all of that, click actions up at the top of FE, then click Save mods and run Fable. Avo's Tear will now look like the SoA.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Need Help How To Change Weapon Skins [message #66898 is a reply to message #66896] Tue, 26 June 2012 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sativarg is currently offline  Sativarg
my best advice is read the rules and get good at searching this forum. Do your best to do it yourself, search look and READ, don't skim, instructions here.

If the site search wont find a thing then using the site:fabletlcmod.com/forum on Google or duckduckgo may help

Change Weapon texture site:fabletlcmod.com/forum at DuckDuckGo

Home » Discussion Area » Graphics Editing » Modeling for Fable
Re: Need Help How To Change Weapon Skins [message #66900 is a reply to message #66897] Tue, 26 June 2012 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok but when i go to the materials tab under it all it says is

Material #5af
Material #115
Degenerate Triangles
i dont see anything on TextureIDS
Re: Need Help How To Change Weapon Skins [message #66901 is a reply to message #66900] Tue, 26 June 2012 17:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Click the non-degenerate triangle materials. There an area on the right will appear with text boxes. textureid or whatever will be there.
USE BOTH!

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.

[Updated on: Tue, 26 June 2012 17:15]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Need Help How To Change Weapon Skins [message #66935 is a reply to message #66901] Thu, 05 July 2012 19:37 Go to previous message
k thanks ill try now
Previous Topic: A Good Mod
Next Topic: cooldown
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:34:39 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01120 seconds