Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Development » Tools » Fable Explorer source code
Fable Explorer source code [message #66995] Tue, 17 July 2012 11:24 Go to next message
DavidKron is currently offline  DavidKron

Seing that the developer of the fable explorer Last Visited Thu, 01 December 2011 i dont believe hel be on to send me the source code anytime soon.

So.
Is there anyone else who has it, or atleast some version of it?

Im interested in both developing it further and debuging why some exceptions occour. Maybe we can start it as a open source project?

Other question :

Does anyone have the code for decrypting /decompressing the information stored in the big files. If so i could simply work on a project similar to the fable explorer.

David
Re: Fable Explorer source code [message #66996 is a reply to message #66995] Tue, 17 July 2012 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

You can get the source code from him yet. If you ask him nicely via pm over at Fable3Mod, or on the irc(Second option might be better), he ought to be amenable. He goes as TodX at Fable3Mod.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Fable Explorer source code [message #67013 is a reply to message #66996] Thu, 19 July 2012 17:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

I've been working on getting the data in .big files, you can see my progress so far here.

I can extract the data, but it's compressed or something. I don't know where to go from here. :/

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: Fable Explorer source code [message #67700 is a reply to message #66995] Thu, 06 December 2012 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
This might be helpful.
http://fabletlcmod.com/wiki/doku.php?id=&idx=file_format s

Also the game mostly uses lzo1x compression, and dxt(textures).

And secondly, you can always hook the fable explorer dll's.

Edit: Damn bots bumping old topics...

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.

[Updated on: Thu, 06 December 2012 06:52]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Fable Explorer source code [message #67706 is a reply to message #67700] Sat, 08 December 2012 13:57 Go to previous message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

Thanks for the link though Wink

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Previous Topic: Model Injector (.x to .x)
Next Topic: Chocolate Box x64
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:20:54 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01213 seconds