Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Site » General Discussion » A really strange head :(
A really strange head :( [message #67205] Fri, 17 August 2012 20:41 Go to next message
Final-Z is currently offline  Final-Z
Okay, I have (again) a little problem. The face of my Hero somehow does not match the rest of his body. There is a clear color change, yet I don't know why. I could simply backup the files, but I want to know what in the world can cause this, so i'm asking you out ^^

I tried to modify the face texture, but after having some issues, I just revert it back to normal and boom!

http://i34.servimg.com/u/f34/16/44/65/27/2012-011.jpg

What did my little self messed-up again? -><-
I'm sorry I did not put the screenshot in a spoiler, I just don't know how whitout the html 0o
Re: A really strange head :( [message #67210 is a reply to message #67205] Sat, 18 August 2012 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sparrow
Looks like custom tattoo fail. Just go to tattoo guy in knothole glade and remove tattoos. If this is what happened, even if you restore backup of fable, you will still have the tattoo in your save file.

Are you shpongled?
Re: A really strange head :( [message #67215 is a reply to message #67205] Sat, 18 August 2012 20:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Final-Z is currently offline  Final-Z
Well, it would make sense if I had customized the tattoos! which is not the case... It is not really important since doing a nice backup (reinstall) solved the problem, but as said before, it is still interesting to know why the poor dude had such a strange skin, so that it will not happen in the future ^^
Re: A really strange head :( [message #67216 is a reply to message #67215] Mon, 20 August 2012 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sparrow
The custom tattoo skin texture defaults are tan. If the hero is pale and has the custom tattoo texture applied, his face will obviously be messed up. So either somehow your save file is using the unchanged custom tattoo texture or your pale face texture got replaced/overwritten by the tan face, but that isn't very likely.

Possible causes of this to happen could be if you are using saves from a previous install (you used custom tattoo then reinstalled and kept saves) or... I think that's about it.

Are you shpongled?

[Updated on: Mon, 20 August 2012 13:40]

Report message to a moderator

Re: A really strange head :( [message #67622 is a reply to message #67205] Mon, 19 November 2012 19:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
happymeng is currently offline  happymeng
That is fun, but ok. I can understand it.

Time and dite wait for no man, http://www.4wowgold
Re: A really strange head :( [message #67630 is a reply to message #67205] Tue, 20 November 2012 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lenop is currently offline  Lenop
More likely it is a manufacturer's error with the CHeroMorphDef.
It's a complicated thing, even the game developers got it wrong.

Search for Keshire's morph layer fix mod.
Re: A really strange head :( [message #68443 is a reply to message #67205] Mon, 03 June 2013 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas is currently offline  Thomas
You should be make some more extra things to make it real and good and it would also make your game live and impressive to play.
Re: A really strange head :( [message #68448 is a reply to message #68443] Mon, 03 June 2013 10:22 Go to previous message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

Alright Thomas, stop necroposting. There was no reason for that post.

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Previous Topic: Commercial Investment.
Next Topic: WTF is wrong with my swords?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 00:58:24 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00958 seconds