Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Development » Tools » FableX Model Preparer
FableX Model Preparer [message #67936] Wed, 20 March 2013 20:44 Go to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

Hey everybody. I wrote a little tool to take directX mesh files exported from Blender and prepare them for importing into FableExplorer or ChocolateBox and avoid all this mess.

To use it, follow this tutorial. Once you get to the part where you open the file in notepad, skip all that and instead run it through this program.

You'll need to use the command line, but if that makes you squeamish then I've given you a .bat file that will do it for you. If you use the .bat file, just name your .x file "input.x" and put it in the folder with that stuff.

It'll tell you how to use it once you run it, but the gist is just open a command prompt, navigate to where FableX.jar is, then type "java -jar FableX.jar <input file> <output file>", replacing "<input file>" with your file name, and "<output file>" with the name of a file that doesn't exist yet. If you don't have java installed properly it probably won't work.

This comes packaged with an updated version of SwordTemplate.blend

TL/DR - Download the zip, extract it. Use template.blend to match up your model and export as directX, then use that as the input file for FableX.

Consider this a release candidate, but watch your new lines. I didn't write a full .x file parser, and I'm not using a library. So as long as you don't screw with the input file it should work just fine, but let me know if you get weird results. The output is not pretty, but it gets the job done. I may still update it.
  • Attachment: FableX.zip
    (Size: 229.25KB, Downloaded 794 times)

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"

[Updated on: Wed, 20 March 2013 20:57]

Report message to a moderator

Re: FableX Model Preparer [message #67942 is a reply to message #67936] Wed, 20 March 2013 20:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zyreq is currently offline  Zyreq
DUDE Thanks. It's so weird, i was wishing for a tool like this just today xD!

No, no word of a lie, never' a lie, seventeen cows I stopped 'em with moi.. one 'and.
Re: FableX Model Preparer [message #67952 is a reply to message #67942] Fri, 22 March 2013 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Yeah, no problem. I'll probably add on to it some more, do some more bug checking and whatnot, but I think this will prevent a few headaches. Also, if anybody is interested in the source, let me know.

Re: FableX Model Preparer [message #67994 is a reply to message #67952] Thu, 04 April 2013 21:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sparrow
I get "HRESULT=88760390" every time. The input file works fine in FE but I get the error with the output.

Are you shpongled?

[Updated on: Thu, 04 April 2013 22:02]

Re: FableX Model Preparer [message #68024 is a reply to message #67994] Sun, 07 April 2013 16:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Was it a rigged model, or a static model? Haven't tested it with bones

Re: FableX Model Preparer [message #68088 is a reply to message #68024] Sat, 20 April 2013 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sparrow
I'm not sure, I don't remember. I'm not really even sure what this program does. It prepares the model and changes the format to work with fable right? Is it just for weapons?

Are you shpongled?
Re: FableX Model Preparer [message #68092 is a reply to message #68088] Sun, 21 April 2013 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

It should just take away the need to manually move chunks of text between files to get it to work in fable, so yes, it prepares .x files from blender for Fable.

Re: FableX Model Preparer [message #68150 is a reply to message #68092] Sun, 05 May 2013 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sparrow
When I export weapons from blender they work fine. But when I put them through fablex, they don't work anymore. By saying "they work" I mean that I can import it into fable explorer and equip the weapon in-game, no problem. Unless I have 2 different pieces/2 different meshes. Then it doesn't work.
  • Attachment: screen.jpg
    (Size: 1.16MB, Downloaded 1492 times)

Are you shpongled?

[Updated on: Sun, 05 May 2013 12:43]

Re: FableX Model Preparer [message #68153 is a reply to message #68150] Sun, 05 May 2013 17:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

The output gets rid of all the new-lines and stuff, so it will tend to look like that. Can you post the original .x file that you converted? I would be interested in seeing the structure of it.

Re: FableX Model Preparer [message #68158 is a reply to message #68153] Sun, 05 May 2013 21:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sparrow
I'm not sure which one it is. I'll just post my daedric sword.x file and my dwarven sword.x file that I exported directly from blender and into fable explorer.
  • Attachment: daedric sword.x
    (Size: 384.11KB, Downloaded 673 times)
  • Attachment: dwarven.x
    (Size: 301.37KB, Downloaded 644 times)

Are you shpongled?
Re: FableX Model Preparer [message #68160 is a reply to message #68158] Mon, 06 May 2013 11:19 Go to previous message

Administrator

I'll assume it was the daedric sword, as the dwarven sword was already prepared for fable. Thanks for posting it, I'll try to make some changes to the program and let you know if I fix the bug.

Previous Topic: Chocolate Box x64
Next Topic: md5mesh2obj
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 03:57:16 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00934 seconds