Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Site » General Discussion » Forum organization
icon4.gif  Forum organization [message #100] Tue, 30 August 2005 12:18 Go to next message
Pe_Ell is currently offline  Pe_Ell

Administrator
Personal Jesus
So here is the general layout of how data will flow in the site along with some tips for how to make things easier for everyone.

There is a discussion area for working on and developing game modifications, saves, scripts, tattoos (goes in mods), etc.

Once an idea/mod/save/utility is created and tested it will get moved to the appropriate read-only forum. Think of it like a QA process for product release. It will also make it much easier for people to find tools/code/saves/etc without having to rummage through forums for them.

Which brings me to this point. When you create a post about a subject (teleporters,doors,whatever) make sure you put keywords into your post so they are easy to find. We (the admins) will try to make sure that everything that gets moved to the read-only forums has the appropriate keywords already inserted so the search tool will find the messages. Search does NOT search attachments. So don’t expect people to find your scripts by searching for something in the attachment.

Also there is something called FUDcode on this site which you can use to embed images, code, links and such in your posts. Try to become familiar with it by clicking the link on the left side of the compose window or by going to the help section.

Information is only useful if you can get to it. Part of why there is no "General Discussion" forum here. It does nothing but get in the way of managing information since it pollutes the search pool.

If you have a question about Fable TLC or this site that the stickies have not answered ask in this forum.

Don't bite the hand that feeds you since this is the hand that will beat you. (Theme Song)

Read the site rules or suffer my wrath.

[Updated on: Fri, 17 October 2008 02:47] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Forum organization [message #22955 is a reply to message #100] Tue, 31 July 2007 01:48 Go to previous message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
Renamed sub-forum to General Chat.

This does not mean I want to see a lot of inane off-topic junk. Please keep it community or fable related.

Thank you,
BlueTooth

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Previous Topic: Hia i have found something
Next Topic: what does this mean ahha i found it along time ago
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 08:32:13 PDT 2024