Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Development » Tools » Fable Explorer Beta 4.1
Fable Explorer Beta 4.1 [message #11940] Sun, 27 August 2006 20:34 Go to next message
Hunter is currently offline  Hunter

Idle Hands of the Devil
Here's another update to FE.

This version now supports tng's inside of fmp's. However for these to work you need to be using the wad file and not the extracted files from freeroam app.

A number of bugs have been fixed and other functionality tweaked and so on.

And as always, you need Directx 9.0c and .Net Framework 2.0

Enjoy.

*Update 03/13/07: New build to fix environments bug. No need to get a clean game.bin, just recompile your existing one and your environments should be working again.

Note: There is also a new ability to preview and export animations inside of FE. To use it open a model, such as MODEL_HERO, and drag an animation for that model onto the preview window, such as ANIM_HERO_RUN. To export the animation you are currently viewing just export the model and the current animation will be embedded with the model in the x-file. This functionality has a known bug that causes FE to crash when closing the preview window. Use this feature AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Development Halted
I thought this was pretty much publicly known, but here it is anyway. I am no longer currently working on Fable Explorer or any fable modding. If you are interested in continuing FE development let me know and I will get you setup with access to the source code. FE was written in C++ and C#. If you plan on looking into developing FE you should be familiar with these languages or be interested in learning them.
As for me, I may return to working on fable modding and tools in the future, but most likely that will not happen unless Fable 2 goes to PC.

def.xml updates
  • Attachment: FableExplorer.zip
    (Size: 2.43MB, Downloaded 275886 times)
  • Attachment: def.xml
    (Size: 847.11KB, Downloaded 47843 times)

[Updated on: Sat, 08 May 2010 17:36] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Fable Explorer Beta 4 [message #11950 is a reply to message #11940] Sun, 27 August 2006 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marcopolo is currently offline  Marcopolo

chaos you dont see what he is saying, you can change the tng files for a big mod, then add themn to an fmp which will then be applied to the wad file of the person who downloaded it.

it helps the newer, and the more mentally innept members apply mods more easily Razz

is that about right hunter.

There once was a member of this land,
a humorous posting he planned,
but when he posted,
by mods he was toasted,
and now he has found himself banned.
Re: Fable Explorer Beta 4 [message #11955 is a reply to message #11940] Mon, 28 August 2006 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
Ya in order to include tng's into an fmp you'd need to have the wad dumped anyway. This allows us to seperate the users from the developers. So that dumping the wad isn't a prerequisite to run a mod. Wink

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Re: Fable Explorer Beta 4 [message #11998 is a reply to message #11940] Mon, 28 August 2006 18:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hunter is currently offline  Hunter

Idle Hands of the Devil
I believe it should also work on .lev's inside of WAD aswell. I don't believe anyone has tried/tested this though.
Re: Fable Explorer Beta 4 [message #12268 is a reply to message #11940] Sat, 02 September 2006 18:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
Probably. Laughing There's a button in model entries marked "load", would you like to hazard a guess at what it does ? Laughing

If you want to add an entirely new mesh to the game you will need to:

• Go to graphics.big > right click on title "graphics.big" > new entry.
  • Give the item a symbol name and assign it the right model type. You can determine this by finding a similar model in the listing and checking it's type.
  • Import data & sub header from another model.
  • Hit the load button and select your replacement mesh.

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1398/satansigv5gu3.gif

There is nothing in the Void.
There is no point to it's being.
I wish there was a reason.
There is nothing in the Void,
But what we put there.

[Updated on: Sat, 02 September 2006 18:52]

Re: Fable Explorer Beta 4.1 [message #17088 is a reply to message #11940] Tue, 13 March 2007 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
Ahem...
Hunter wrote on Mon, 28 August 2006 04:34

Development Halted
I thought this was pretty much publicly known, but here it is anyway. I am no longer currently working on Fable Explorer or any fable modding. If you are interested in continuing FE development let me know and I will get you setup with access to the source code. FE was written in C++ and C#. If you plan on looking into developing FE you should be familiar with these languages or be interested in learning them.
As for me, I may return to working on fable modding and tools in the future, but most likely that will not happen unless Fable 2 goes to PC.

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1398/satansigv5gu3.gif

There is nothing in the Void.
There is no point to it's being.
I wish there was a reason.
There is nothing in the Void,
But what we put there.
Re: Fable Explorer Beta 4.1 [message #36531 is a reply to message #11940] Mon, 07 January 2008 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Max Kreeger is currently offline  Max Kreeger
Hello I'm new to this forum and also new to hacking fable. I have had experience in modding GTA SA and making FTP connections, so I think that will help me. I was just wondering if there was a tutorial on this site explaining how to mod Fable TLC and how to use Fable explorer. I have Fable TLC on my my modded xbox. Help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Max Kreeger
Re: Fable Explorer Beta 4.1 [message #36537 is a reply to message #11940] Mon, 07 January 2008 04:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

well, I would recommend looking here and here for answers

Make sure you read the whole XBOX thread before doing anything.

BTW open names.bin before anything else to prevent crashing

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"

[Updated on: Mon, 07 January 2008 04:45]

Re: Fable Explorer Beta 4.1 [message #36540 is a reply to message #11940] Mon, 07 January 2008 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

not really, you have to do some conversions Rolling Eyes

make sure you read through the entire XBOX xml and modding thread

[Updated on: Mon, 07 January 2008 04:56]

Re: Fable Explorer Beta 4.1 [message #36547 is a reply to message #11940] Mon, 07 January 2008 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

ugh...

Silverback wrote on Fri, 06 October 2006 00:20

Here is an updated Xbox xml for Fable Explorer. You will need this if you plan on editing TLC for xbox or using mods (must be labeled as such for xbox!) Just download Fable Explorer Beta 4 - http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=1330& ;amp ;amp ;amp ;amp ;amp ;amp ;amp ;start=0& and replace the def.xml with the one below.

There are 2 mismatch errors here. One wasn't finished in xml release and I broke it on purpose. If you edit an unfinished entry like this it would kill your game. The second is blank for xbox and doesn't even matter (I didn't feel like deleting the entire entry).

If you want to mod your scripts.bin you will need to get a Hex editor and try this below. Hex edit script.bin and look at the images below.

http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/786/stockscriptot5.th.jpg <-- Original Edit the selected bytes.
http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/8086/stockscriptmoddedes0.th.jpg <-- Change to the following, Open in Fable Explorer and mod it. When you are done you must change the bytes back to original ones before transferring them to Xbox. This is basically just tricking Fable Explorer to reading it as game.bin. The xml was converted for script.bin as well.

So original bytes - 76B92D45
Change to - AA454448 and then vice versa.

When you are editting Cdefs for Xbox you must name them! If you fail to do so your fmp will crash on load. Cdefs for Xbox are by default blank. So editting existing ones will throw a fit.

I started this thread for xbox mods etc. Please keep the conversation as such and don't spam it.

Silverback wrote on Fri, 13 October 2006 02:14

Some more. You will need to do the following. Get textures.big, graphics.big, text.big, names.bin, and game.bin. Do all the biz <-> big conversions via Fable Tools or something zlib.

Now for Katana and JOB Mask to import correctly you will need to download XboxTool below, open and hit Convert textures.big. Select your textures.big file and that is it for now. Open everything in Fable Explorer and load the fmps. Before you compress do the same thing above (Open XboxTool hit Convert - textures.big) Then Compress and upload back to xbox.

It will do the script.bin thing above and convert back the next time you load it up. The .biz -> .big stuff was blocked because I wanted to speed it up some more. Just use Fable Tools for now.

Silverback wrote on Fri, 27 October 2006 14:50

...All you really have to do is grab all your xbox files. Decompress all the .biz with Fable tools (link above). Keep these and just hit convert textures big with XboxTools. Keep these files and when you need to create another directory when you hit recompile (.bigs) and save as .bin. Then compress all your .bigs back to .biz (make sure to convert textures.big above back to xbox).

Now when you close FE and open it again just select your originals (not the recompiled ones) and they are brand new and the others will have the mods.

click this: http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&&th=143 6&goto=22373#msg_22373

morerunes wrote on Mon, 07 January 2008 06:48

kind of a necropost, but rules for opening game files:

1. open names.bin

2. open the rest of the files except script.bin

3. do what Silver says in the first post

4. import script.bin

5. apply mods, close.

6. reverse any hex edits or conversions.

Then here for how to use fable explorer, but after insalling FE replace the def.xml in the FE root directory with the one attached to this post: http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&&th=143 6&goto=13135#msg_13135

Does that explain it for you? It's kinda hard until you figure it out. Just make sure you open names.bin first

btw all the quotes are from that thread

[Updated on: Mon, 07 January 2008 09:43]

Re: Fable Explorer Beta 4.1 [message #55069 is a reply to message #11940] Sat, 21 November 2009 17:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dimmy353 is currently offline  dimmy353
Well, I know this post might be useless, but since there are still people that likely continue bits of work over Fable Explorer, I have to say that it works perfectly on Windows 7 - 64bit.
Re: Fable Explorer Beta 4.1 [message #55275 is a reply to message #11940] Sat, 19 December 2009 02:06 Go to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Thread locked and epically cleansed due to idiots and morons and imbeciles. This wouldn't have been necessary if you twats only knew how to read. There were only a few simple issues in the 250+ deleted posts in this thread alone, and I've collected these common problems and solutions for your convenience. If you have a different problem not listed here when running FE, post about it in the tool discussion forum. That's why it's there.

Common Problems and Solutions

[Updated on: Sat, 19 December 2009 03:49]

Previous Topic: Installers For Fable Explorer & Albion Explorer
Next Topic: XBOX360 Controls! FINAL 12/16 Get it while it's hot!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:29:36 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01329 seconds