Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » Dual Wieldin
Dual Wieldin [message #13286] Mon, 09 October 2006 16:04 Go to next message
ChaosWolfs is currently offline  ChaosWolfs
I haven't played with Fable Explorer that much, but to a point where I know what I'm doing. Fastlearner.

Two days ago, I was playing around with the weapons and how the character holds it. I switched my testing sword to the left hand when shealthe. This resulted in the fact that I was able to take out a sword and a crossbow and beat the opponents to death. It was pretty awesome. The animations seemed to fit, except on the flourish.

I spent a day trying to change the crossbow model to a sword and everytime, the model wouldn't show in game. I finally managed to do so yesterday, but I'm hoping to reduce the amount of steps it took me to do so.

http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/6081/1082006124116pmkb0.th.jpg
http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/2347/1082006124130pmtk9.th.jpg
http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/5871/1082006124134pmkz2.th.jpg

I have encountered numerous problems with dual wielding.
You cannot shealthe your weapon if its' "shealthe" spot is in your left or right hand. With this issue, you cannot open chests (it will try to shealthe your weapon and it will pretty much stay stuck there), you cannot enter bowerstone or a few other towns without being committed of a crime (of holding a weapon), and that the second sword would disappear from your inventory once you shealthe the weapon. Although, this never happened when the graphic was left at a bow.

Also, dual wielding does not increase your damage. It currently only takes the damage of one sword while the other sword's damage is completely ignored. Thus, with these issues, dual wielding is currently only to show off, atleast for me =D

I would like to take the time to fix these issues, but I only have knowledge in Fable Explorer. I have no clue how to make another file within Fable Explorer to use as a Dummy/Test Item and I have no clue how to do scripting within Fable.

BTW: First Post =D
Re: Dual Wieldin [message #14964 is a reply to message #13286] Sun, 03 December 2006 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TheWhiteWizard
Let me be the first to congradulate you on you developement nice work. Cool By the way do you think you could explain the steps to do this for myself, I would greatly like to see how it works. Mabye I can help you reduce the steps.

Thanks

TheWhiteWizard

http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/5763/wizardga2.jpg

"For a wizard is never late nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to."
Re: Dual Wieldin [message #14971 is a reply to message #13286] Sun, 03 December 2006 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
Ailia had already worked on this back in July:

Dual Wielding: Experiment in modding
2 melee weapons rather than melee + ranged

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1398/satansigv5gu3.gif

There is nothing in the Void.
There is no point to it's being.
I wish there was a reason.
There is nothing in the Void,
But what we put there.

[Updated on: Sun, 03 December 2006 15:34]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Dual Wieldin [message #14980 is a reply to message #13286] Mon, 04 December 2006 12:57 Go to previous message
Seventh Machine is currently offline  Seventh Machine
Well, after messing around, I finally figured a way to dual wield. Well, technically dual wielding. In reality, you're using one sword, of course.

Anyway, here's what I did. I opened up the CWeaponDef tied to Avo's Tear, then switched it's type from 0 to 4, then it's class from 1 to 3. This would classify it as a Crossbow, but will still function as a sword in every way.

Then, I opened up the CDefs for the Sword of Aeons, and then opened up the CCarryableDef and switched it's sheathe entry from 926 (primary Sheathe) to 924 (left hand)

I Saved my changes, then ran Fable. When I opened up my weapon menu, Avo's tear swapped from the melee inventory, to the ranged inventory. So, I equipped it, and the sword of aeons, and I got this;

Dual Wielding pic 1

Dual Wielding pic 2

It's fun, even though the damage doesn't add up. Only one sword does damage. But both set of augments work. Don't know why they wouldn't.

EDIT: I take that back, Avo's Tear does not function properly. I'm still messing around, but Avo's tear doe not function if it's by itself. If you try to use it, Fable guy will raise the sword a few inches, then lower it. If you try to move, He will simply slide around as if he has no animations. So, it seems to only 'work' if the Sword of Aeons is equipped. Plus, Avo's tear has this whacked out damage rating of something like -28472748573.

Go Figure. Smile

[Updated on: Mon, 04 December 2006 14:05]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: help
Next Topic: Blood clouds at all times?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 04:25:46 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01576 seconds