Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » Editing fmps + changing weather for XBox version
Editing fmps + changing weather for XBox version [message #13903] Sat, 28 October 2006 21:18 Go to next message
henri is currently offline  henri
Hi guys,
I have Fable TLC on XBox.

There are some mods on PC that I want on my XBox. I read not to request converting so I am not.

I am looking for technical documentation about fmps. My idea is to then make a php script or c++ program to decompile fmp for pc, then recompile for XBox. I do not think this would be too difficult as I took a look at the def.xml file and it is just a collection of names associated with addresses. Furthermore I am surmising that a fmp is just a file assigning values to addresses. So, If I could setup a correlation between the PC and XBox addresses, I could then convert any fmp. Would this be possible? Where can I get technical documentation on fmp files? OR, how can I extract data from fmp files then add it back?

On another note: I am trying to make it rain in Bowerstone (XBox rember). I downloaded the package of FinalAlbion.wld files which should make it rain, snow, or some other stuffs. I replaced my Data/Levels/FinalAlbion.wld file with the rain one. It did not work. I then used Albion Explorer to edit the RegionDef field for Bowerstone areas I set them to be the value that witchwood has. I tried it, and it was still sunny. Then I edited xuserst.ini (XBox) and set UseCompiledWorldFiles to be FALSE.
Still nothing, what am I missing?

Thanks,
Henri
Re: Editing fmps + changing weather for XBox version [message #13904 is a reply to message #13903] Sat, 28 October 2006 22:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Silverback is currently offline  Silverback

Cow Tipper
I'm not sure but you might need to restart game to see the changes. The gamesaves store information based on maps/regions.

For the fmps.. here goes without sounding confusing.

Those are not addresses. They are sequential CRC bytes of a CRC string found in each instance. The xbox version has some of these misplaced or not at all. That is why the def.xml had to be converted to xbox. Now the Xbox (TLC) CRC bytes are reduced to 1 byte vs. the 4 Byte PC version. They begin with the first byte of each entry. Now there are some internal CRC values where most on Xbox are simply 1 byte, at the same time some files have them read as 4 bytes. Fable Explorer reads these in sequence and that is how it works. The problem with quick conversions is a few problems that would have to be worked out.

1.) In the entries that have cdefs (see the xml cdefs = true) this means the entries are linked according to file number. This number is generated in the first table that lays out all the packages. So when it says 12000 this is linked to item 12000 in the table. This becomes a problem because the table is different PC vs. Xbox. Basically 12000 would be something different on Xbox so you would need to do a dual lookup and determine what exactly was being used. Keep in mind these Cdefs (CRC values) are listed by numerical value, if you break the chain the values will not take effect.

2.) The textures are not linked properly either, you would need a dual lookup of either textures.big or just the Defs have a .h with values that can be used. New Entries are not added though.

So the best bet is to use Fable Explorers existing code and lookup each and compare. It would be a dual def load & dual .big load.

When I'm speaking of CRC I mean for example string "FOV" is Custom CRC'd 1s complement string.

FMPs are simply .Big Archives. You can actually name it .big and open in Fable Explorer to verify this.

I hope that helps a little at least.

[Updated on: Sat, 28 October 2006 22:09]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Editing fmps + changing weather for XBox version [message #13921 is a reply to message #13904] Sun, 29 October 2006 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
henri is currently offline  henri
Hi, thanks for the quick reply.

I am a little confused, sorry for my idiocy.
If I follow correctly, each fmp is just a file with a string (CRC). The fmp then is composed of a concatination of the values in the def.xml file. Or conversly, the def.xml file is the fmp file split into little parts (1 byte for XBox, 4 for PC).

I am a bit trying to figure out how to take this fmp (.BIG archive right?) and decompress it so I can then edit the string. I think I remember someone saying it was an archive which used the ZLib to compress it. Is the fable:tlc zlib the same as this: http://www.zlib.net/ zlib?
Thanks,
Henri
Re: Editing fmps + changing weather for XBox version [message #13935 is a reply to message #13921] Sun, 29 October 2006 18:10 Go to previous message
Silverback is currently offline  Silverback

Cow Tipper
henri wrote on Sun, 29 October 2006 13:59

Hi, thanks for the quick reply.

I am a little confused, sorry for my idiocy.
If I follow correctly, each fmp is just a file with a string (CRC). The fmp then is composed of a concatination of the values in the def.xml file. Or conversly, the def.xml file is the fmp file split into little parts (1 byte for XBox, 4 for PC).

I am a bit trying to figure out how to take this fmp (.BIG archive right?) and decompress it so I can then edit the string. I think I remember someone saying it was an archive which used the ZLib to compress it. Is the fable:tlc zlib the same as this: http://www.zlib.net/ zlib?
Thanks,
Henri

The fmp is just a collection of the .bin (or .big) entry it pertains to. I think you are taking my reference of where the CRC is coming from out of context. .Big files are not compressed, .Biz are.

The CRC reference was just simply saying what the values stood
for. We do not have them all. The xml would be done 100% if we did. The string value only matters for the xml and user to see.
The binary equivalent is what Fable Explorer uses and you can see this. Just look at the structure of each. Objects must follow the structure as defined in the xml for Objects.

The arhive layout matches that of .bigs. Not the properties of what it does and is controlled.

In reality, most mods are not hard to convert by hand. There are so many ways the game would crash without paying attention. My 2 cents.

[Updated on: Sun, 29 October 2006 18:11]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Problems with mods
Next Topic: The Greatest Question?Dunno but I got one....
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:45:56 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01011 seconds