Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » modding help plzz hurry
modding help plzz hurry [message #15956] Tue, 16 January 2007 19:09 Go to next message
dragongamer9 is currently offline  dragongamer9

i need help i have fable explorer and i want to edit my stats my weapon stats plus the look and i would like to put the weapon in my file so i will already have it but i dont know how can anyone help? i am lost im trying to understand this stuff reply
Re: modding help plzz hurry [message #15958 is a reply to message #15956] Tue, 16 January 2007 20:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marcopolo is currently offline  Marcopolo

http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=1366& ;start=0&

There once was a member of this land,
a humorous posting he planned,
but when he posted,
by mods he was toasted,
and now he has found himself banned.
Re: modding help plzz hurry [message #15969 is a reply to message #15956] Wed, 17 January 2007 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

hey thanks but my other problem is how can i just get the weapons without finding them basically i want the ones i modded to be in my weapons and what is the best program to edit the look
please help man im trying to learn Smile
Re: modding help plzz hurry [message #15971 is a reply to message #15956] Wed, 17 January 2007 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
You will need to spawn them to collect them.

To edit the texture of something I would recommend photoshop/paintshop pro or something similar and absolutely not Microsoft Paint.

A search would have told you this.

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1398/satansigv5gu3.gif

There is nothing in the Void.
There is no point to it's being.
I wish there was a reason.
There is nothing in the Void,
But what we put there.

[Updated on: Wed, 17 January 2007 13:24]

Report message to a moderator

Re: modding help plzz hurry [message #15973 is a reply to message #15956] Wed, 17 January 2007 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

i searched alot of places for one and two you tell me where i can get it no evaluation period i dont want to pay for it
Re: modding help plzz hurry [message #15974 is a reply to message #15956] Wed, 17 January 2007 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
1. A search would have explained how to get items. It's been posted often enough.

2. To get a commercial program without evaluation you have two options, buy the program or find a pirated version of it. I will not tell you where to get the latter but there are plenty of places around.

But what we put there.
Re: modding help plzz hurry [message #15975 is a reply to message #15956] Wed, 17 January 2007 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
deadisdeath is currently offline  deadisdeath
Get Gimp to edit textures its pretty good..well i think so...oh ye its free to Smile

Like a monkey, ready to be shot into space.
Space monkey!
Ready to sacrifice himself for the greater good.

[Updated on: Wed, 17 January 2007 13:45]

Re: modding help plzz hurry [message #15977 is a reply to message #15975] Wed, 17 January 2007 15:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

ok that is a good program but how do you spawn
stuff i saw a tutorial on the forum but i cant get albion to work and i dont understand explain the spawning process
Re: modding help plzz hurry [message #15982 is a reply to message #15956] Thu, 18 January 2007 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Archangel is currently offline  Archangel
im sure there are plenty of tutorials and similar threads on how to use albion explorer, but if you can be bothered starting a new game then you can also get your weapon to be sold by merchants with the correct modding in fable explorer rather than albion
Re: modding help plzz hurry [message #15984 is a reply to message #15956] Thu, 18 January 2007 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
You could always just open up a .tng file in notepad and add a chest with the weapons in.

But what we put there.
Re: modding help plzz hurry [message #15985 is a reply to message #15956] Thu, 18 January 2007 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

i got albion explorer working now what file do i have grab in the fable folder so i can edit weapons look and how do you make your own ive seen the weapons that others made it looks awesome
but i dont know how to create one from scratch
i got told gimp for texture but what do i use to create from scratch explain?
Re: modding help plzz hurry [message #15987 is a reply to message #15956] Thu, 18 January 2007 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
To create an entirely new weapon model you would need a 3d modeling program capable of reading and saving the .x format such as 3Ds Max or Blender.

You would need to export an existing weapon to use as a template, delete its mesh and relink it's helpers to the new mesh you create.

To edit a weapons texture (appearance) you would need to open either the graphics archive (graphics.big ?) in Fable Explorer or find the weapons OBJECT entry in game.bin, go through its entry until you find the reference to its model and then select the model and find its texture reference.

To edit a weapons physical appearance (shape, size, etc) you would need the 3d modeling programs mentioned above.

But what we put there.
Re: modding help plzz hurry [message #15990 is a reply to message #15956] Thu, 18 January 2007 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would not recomend blender i use it but the .x import is well wrong it only imports parts of the models for example i imported sword of aeons and it missed the handle out...but although it has these problems it is free to use so...

Space monkey!
Re: modding help plzz hurry [message #15993 is a reply to message #15956] Thu, 18 January 2007 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
The problem with the .x format is that it's not all that widely used so there aren't a great deal of import/export plugins available.

But what we put there.
Re: modding help plzz hurry [message #15994 is a reply to message #15956] Thu, 18 January 2007 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
True i just hope blender fixes it in the next realese.

Space monkey!
Re: modding help plzz hurry [message #16416 is a reply to message #15956] Sat, 03 February 2007 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

where can i get 3d max for free im trying to find but cant im not the one to buy plus where can i learn to spawn from im a noob at this this game is my first time modding
Re: modding help plzz hurry [message #16433 is a reply to message #15956] Sat, 03 February 2007 18:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
You can't legally get 3Ds Max for free. The most you can do is get a limited trial.

We will not tell you how or where to get a full version of a commercial product without paying for it.

There are plenty of threads with spawning guides. The handy search function will give you what you need.

But what we put there.

[Updated on: Sat, 03 February 2007 18:27]

Re: modding help plzz hurry [message #16455 is a reply to message #15956] Sun, 04 February 2007 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

ok screw it but i cant get this albion explorer to work
i open its fine before it told me about the wld folder that it failed to load it but thats fine now i have the albion explorer fold er it works untill i try to open world editor it says failed to load lookoutpoint.lev goes for all of them and they are all there you mind telling me what to do
Re: modding help plzz hurry [message #16459 is a reply to message #15956] Sun, 04 February 2007 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

nevermind about albion its fixed but i downloaded blender
and i am not sure but i think i can only use cube i tried to change it and theres nothing except that how do i use blender 2.37 and do i need inports and exports if so where can i find them
Re: modding help plzz hurry [message #16739 is a reply to message #15956] Tue, 20 February 2007 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

i got the 3ds max and i have x fikle plugin but
i cant get it to load the weapons ferom fable explorer plus i dont know how to use version 8 never used any
i looked and cant find a guide so does anyone know where i can get a movie or just a guide for this any of them would be good or just post a link and another thing i did the spawn like it says on the thread did evreything moved the cheast when i was done i started it up found the chest tried to open it,and it brought me to a glitch in tree's and i tried the place they said and another place same thing keeps happening so anybody know what to do on that
Re: modding help plzz hurry [message #16740 is a reply to message #15956] Tue, 20 February 2007 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

sorry about my spelling i ment file i typedto fast and screwed up
Re: modding help plzz hurry [message #16741 is a reply to message #15956] Tue, 20 February 2007 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
There's an edit option below each post for a reason. Please do not waste space by posting again when you can edit instead.

But what we put there.
Re: modding help plzz hurry [message #16743 is a reply to message #16741] Tue, 20 February 2007 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

sorry dont have be an A**hole
Re: modding help plzz hurry [message #16744 is a reply to message #15956] Tue, 20 February 2007 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

plus that has nothing to do with what i was talking about if you can answer back off and get out of the topic or try to help
Re: modding help plzz hurry [message #16747 is a reply to message #16744] Tue, 20 February 2007 14:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

dragongamer9 wrote on Tue, 20 February 2007 20:27

plus that has nothing to do with what i was talking about if you can answer back off and get out of the topic or try to help

Might I suggest you relax a little?:

Site Rules

7. Harassing or just flooding a topic/person because you are too lazy to use search will get your posting rights removed. Search exists for a reason and we won't deal with people that constantly ask for things that are easy to find with search.

8. Public bashing of other members will get your posts removed. If it is done repeatedly you will get your account banned.

12. Being an open forum, try to contribute to it. As in by helping crack file formats or developing new tools or game modifications. Leeches are never appreciated. Especially when they are ungrateful for the work that other people put into doing something for them. Being ungrateful is a very quick path to being banned.

13. Lack of acting like a mature person or inability to type in proper english or something close to it will not be tolerated (i.e. l33t,ALL CAPS, or IM shorthand).

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.
Re: modding help plzz hurry [message #16748 is a reply to message #15956] Tue, 20 February 2007 19:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
dragongamer9, insulting a moderator is not a clever idea if you want to get help here. Consider this a warning.

But what we put there.
Re: modding help plzz hurry [message #16762 is a reply to message #15956] Wed, 21 February 2007 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grant Hammerhoof is currently offline  Grant Hammerhoof

I don't entirely mean to drive this off topic any further, however, dragongamer9, posting multiple times is just plain annoying. It's much more organized if you just put everything in a single post. You can also [Edit] your message, and improve your spelling, rather than saying 'sorry my spelling was so bad'.

Also, as mentioned above, Satan is a moderator in these here parts. It is more or less a moderator's job to point out rules and more efficient ways to do things. Therefore, take Satan's words with appreciation and thought, rather than retaliating as if it were an insult.

By doing this, you're more likely to get a helpful response, or, if no help is available, perhaps just a kindly response instead.

Anyway, there's my off-topic-driving for the week.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b165/grant_hammerhoof/Grant_BuffBull_WesternSignature.png
Re: modding help plzz hurry [message #16824 is a reply to message #15956] Sat, 24 February 2007 09:27 Go to previous message

well im sorry i did not look at that i was in a rush and
why i said it was i did not apreciate the attitude plus ive been trying to get help for 2 weeks now on this subject and plus
that was way off topic and instead of leaving it opened for conversation he could have pm me

i am not trying to start
trouble either

[Updated on: Sat, 24 February 2007 10:16]

Previous Topic: Fable Weapon Revamping
Next Topic: Question: How to make Guild Seal instant?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:58:35 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01225 seconds