Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Reccomended Mods
Reccomended Mods [message #18308] Mon, 16 April 2007 21:57 Go to next message
Marcopolo is currently offline  Marcopolo

Okay I made this thread for the more senior people to post links to mods they think are especially exceptional or fun to use in an attempt to get a good list of reccomended mods

guess i'll start then:

Trials Of Albion 1.01 By: Drifter
Free Roam fmp By:Oldboy
Staff Animations By:Bluetooth
The BlueTooth Arquebus By:Bluetooth
Throwing Disc By:Bluetooth
Darth Nihilus Mask By:Bluetooth
The Keshire Katana By:Bluetooth
I give you the PUKE expression By: Marcopolo

there's mine, if i see any others i like or are made that i like then i will add them

now all you other people who can post here, do so! gotta get a good list compiled for the new people Very Happy

There once was a member of this land,
a humorous posting he planned,
but when he posted,
by mods he was toasted,
and now he has found himself banned.

[Updated on: Thu, 16 October 2008 22:46] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Reccomended Mods [message #18313 is a reply to message #18308] Mon, 16 April 2007 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
Full Morphing Makeover:
Morph Tweaks
Will causes Baldness
Scar and Bruise fix
Berserk Changes
No Horns

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Re: Reccomended Mods [message #18314 is a reply to message #18308] Mon, 16 April 2007 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ailia is currently offline  Ailia
Classic but good

No Old Age
Re: Reccomended Mods [message #18317 is a reply to message #18308] Mon, 16 April 2007 23:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
Harder fable:
Armour Re-balance
No Random Resurrection Vial Drops
Food Tweak

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: Reccomended Mods [message #22024 is a reply to message #18317] Thu, 19 July 2007 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chaos is currently offline  chaos
Fable the way it was intended Razz

Spell Balancing By me

Guild Seal Disable By Bluetooth

Factions Tweak By me

Armor Balance By Bluetooth

Weapons/Magic Allowed Anywhere By darthdnw

Overhaul Mods By solidsirhc

Wound Tweak By Bluetooth

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r124/korgoth-of-barbaria/chaos-1.jpg
Re: Reccomended Mods [message #22025 is a reply to message #18308] Thu, 19 July 2007 04:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
Armour balance my be a little too over the top. I kept getting killed in the sword training with Whisper. So it could be toned down. But hey. If you like hard core fighting where lack of armour means fatal wounds, go for it.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: Reccomended Mods [message #22027 is a reply to message #22025] Thu, 19 July 2007 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chaos is currently offline  chaos
I think it makes use of the blocking ability. Personally, without that mod installed, I don't even have to block. Kind of dissapointing though...

But yeah, like Bluetooth said, it can makes things much much more difficult.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r124/korgoth-of-barbaria/chaos-1.jpg
icon14.gif  Re: Reccomended Mods [message #24294 is a reply to message #18308] Fri, 17 August 2007 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rickoboy0 is currently offline  rickoboy0
Hi every one
I'm new here
I played fable tlc like 2 years and now i need some mods Razz
hehe
but i dont know how to install all
i allready got fable explorer
and i wanted to use the no old age mod but i can figure out how to install.
please help me
and btw: nice forum!

Greeting

rick Cool

*HIT*
Can you please please drop death? Mr. Wasp ? *.*
Re: Reccomended Mods [message #24297 is a reply to message #24294] Fri, 17 August 2007 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

rickoboy0 wrote on Fri, 17 August 2007 11:33

Hi every one
I'm new here
I played fable tlc like 2 years and now i need some mods Razz
hehe
but i dont know how to install all
i allready got fable explorer
and i wanted to use the no old age mod but i can figure out how to install.
please help me
and btw: nice forum!

Greeting

rick Cool

Hi rickoboy0, there's a collection of modding guides here, it'll help you on your way.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.
Re: Reccomended Mods [message #24308 is a reply to message #18308] Fri, 17 August 2007 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rickoboy0 is currently offline  rickoboy0
Thank you very much Surprised

*HIT*
Can you please please drop death? Mr. Wasp ? *.*
Re: Reccomended Mods [message #41044 is a reply to message #18308] Sat, 10 May 2008 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ross is currently offline  ross
Can someone post ToA for download. Download does not exist.
Re: Reccomended Mods [message #42163 is a reply to message #18308] Tue, 10 June 2008 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shadowknight is currently offline  shadowknight
i know that i should prolly post this somewhere else but.. since most of the good modders seem to be around here i just had a question type thing.

do you think that when you load fable and start a new game we could edit the interface so that a particular cutscene plays when you are loaded in to the world? my thinking behind this is i know that you guys can use cutscene to turn people into other things like balverines and such so my thought was that if this could be done a mad could be made where you could pick your race from what was already in the game. let me know what you think.
Re: Reccomended Mods [message #42165 is a reply to message #18308] Tue, 10 June 2008 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The New Fabled Ravrn
No, and yes.

1.Yes, you can change the opening cutscene when you start a new game.

2.No, you cannot choose races. This has been asked before and was answered by
"yes". Thge thing is, you'd have to change the game itself and call it your own,
disobeying laws. Also, this is a long path to choose for an insufficient mod.

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/9329/newim.gif http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/4678/rulesq.gif
Re: Reccomended Mods [message #42169 is a reply to message #42165] Tue, 10 June 2008 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
The New Fabled Ravrn wrote on Tue, 10 June 2008 12:26

2.No, you cannot choose races. This has been asked before and was answered by
"yes". Thge thing is, you'd have to change the game itself and call it your own,
disobeying laws. Also, this is a long path to choose for an insufficient mod.
Oh shut up. Say what you know and nothing else.

It can be done, but I don't think it can with a single cutscene.
Cutscenes that are triggered by something the Hero does in-game can be used to have the player select what he/she wants, like "shoot an arrow at that stone to become tar, shoot an arrow at that other stone to become fu". Each stone having it's own cutscene. There are a lot of problems with this though and I would strongly recommend thinking it out thoroughly before even thinking about it, especially considering that each cutscene involved has to be hijacked from somewhere else.
Re: Reccomended Mods [message #42171 is a reply to message #18308] Tue, 10 June 2008 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The New Fabled Ravrn
That is what i know, your getting back to being angry again.

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/9329/newim.gif http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/4678/rulesq.gif

[Updated on: Tue, 10 June 2008 10:49]

Re: Reccomended Mods [message #42176 is a reply to message #18308] Tue, 10 June 2008 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shadowknight is currently offline  shadowknight
so are you saying that in order for lets say someone to become a hob you would have to have a cutscene from somewhere else in the game where someone turned into a hob?
Re: Reccomended Mods [message #42180 is a reply to message #42176] Tue, 10 June 2008 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
No. Cutscenes can be made to do anything that they are capable of doing, but the cutscene itself must come from something, since (to my knowledge) we cannot create new cutscenes.

Example:
Marcopolo uses a cutscene in his Balverine transformation mod. That cutscene was originally the key in the stone cutscene, in Darkwood, where the Hero shoots an arrow through the stone with a hole in it and a key descends from the sky, he took that and used it. So while there is a "new" cutscene at the guild exterior, that cutscene isn't in darkwood anymore. It's still the same cutscene, he just moved it and changed what it does.

The problem with this is that each transformation would have to be done in a cutscene, and I don't think that there are any more cutscenes that can be triggered in such a voluntarily way without it being part of something else like a quest.
Re: Reccomended Mods [message #48642 is a reply to message #18308] Sat, 17 January 2009 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stuge is currently offline  Stuge
Bah.. as other mods i been trying to load this does not work either.. after several tries i decided to give up and ask for help. So please help if you can.. So i first downloaded that keshire katana mod from here, then i opened FE and loaded the mod package and it appeard to objects as it should then i klicked save mods and run fable.. and here we are FE stopped responding and error message appeard it says that the route C:\program Files\Microsoft Games\Fable - the lost chapters\data\lang\english\text.big using was stopped.. weird, and i hope the reason is not the freeroam.app, since i once tried to install it and never tried again as im such a moron with it. Embarassed So does anybody know why is this?

[Updated on: Sat, 17 January 2009 06:06]

Re: Reccomended Mods [message #48643 is a reply to message #48642] Sat, 17 January 2009 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

Which mod are you talking about?

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.
Re: Reccomended Mods [message #48644 is a reply to message #48643] Sat, 17 January 2009 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stuge is currently offline  Stuge
Keshire katana.
Re: Reccomended Mods [message #48645 is a reply to message #48644] Sat, 17 January 2009 06:18 Go to previous message
Noctus is currently offline  Noctus

Administrator

Stuge wrote on Sat, 17 January 2009 06:05

Keshire katana.

Theres another one of the same mod here.

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9540/helpmeaaa.jpg
Previous Topic: Helppppp
Next Topic: how do I install mods?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 03:56:32 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01127 seconds