Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Some Questions About Fable Modding
Some Questions About Fable Modding [message #18437] Fri, 20 April 2007 14:37 Go to next message
Virid is currently offline  Virid
Wow, I had no idea there were any mods out there for Fable and then I find this site! Sweetness. Anyway, I have a couple of questions, after lurking for awhile.

1. Can X-Box mods be used on the PC?

2. What, exactly, is the freeroam app? This may sound like a stupid question, but I can't seem to tell whether it's (a) a mod that lets you wander outside of the predefined paths of the game world, or (b) a utility that lets you modify Fable files.

3. Are there any major overhauls of the game?--that is, any mods that rewrite quests or alter the contents of chests to provide a whole new experience?

4. Can multiple mods be used at once?

5. What utility(-ies) do I need to run mods?

Thanks!
Re: Some Questions About Fable Modding [message #18445 is a reply to message #18437] Sat, 21 April 2007 00:45 Go to previous message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

1. Some of them.

2. A utility that modifies (extracts) the FinalAlbion.wad file, so you can wander outside of the predefined paths of the game world. You can also use the freeroam fmp.

3. Large mods that change a lot of suff are Trials of Albion and Hero's journey (beta).
Changing the contents of chests is very easy to learn, but here's one mod: 50 weapons, all clothing and all style cards.

4. Some can, some can't.

5. At least Fable Explorer. For other utilities look in the Tools section.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.
Previous Topic: Something bad happened.......
Next Topic: OBJECT_QUEST_CARD_EASY_PICKINGS
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 13:55:26 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01766 seconds