Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » HELP!
HELP! [message #18850] Mon, 07 May 2007 14:15 Go to next message
ShadowX630 is currently offline  ShadowX630
I was trying to add new weapons and this is what the Wiki said
"OBJECT→OBJECT_NEW_ITEM
CTextureReplacementDef (Good for reusing an exsiting model with a new texture)
New Texture added here
New Mesh added here
CInventoryDef
New Texture added here (For the HUD Icon)
New Text entry added here (For the Object’s Title)
New Text entry added here (For the Object’s Description)"

Now, what the problem is when I load Fable Explorer I can't find Object_New_Item, does anyone know what number it is? Oh, and I can't even figure out the rest of the guide so can someone fill me in with that too?

P.S I tried to create custom clothes so I selected the clothes I wanted... what do I do after that?
Re: HELP! [message #18864 is a reply to message #18850] Mon, 07 May 2007 18:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marcopolo is currently offline  Marcopolo

it doesnt exist, that is jut the example used in the wiki, you have to make the new object entry, the info for that is in the wiki

There once was a member of this land,
a humorous posting he planned,
but when he posted,
by mods he was toasted,
and now he has found himself banned.
Re: HELP! [message #18869 is a reply to message #18864] Mon, 07 May 2007 21:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok... I have an etire diffrent question now, I understand from this site that to create custom weapons and things you need some kind of 3-D editing program. So I downloaded the trial version of 3Ds Max. I went into Fable Explorer and did the following OBJECT-SWORD_OF_AEONS_GOOD_01 Then I scrolled down on the first window and clicked MESH SWORD OF AEONS GOOD 01. Now once I did that I saw a 3-D picture of the sword rotating so I clicked Save Model LOD it saved a .X file which I tried to open with 3D Max but it wouldn't load it. Am I doing anything wrong?

P.S I wanted to mod Avo's Tear the way I wanted not start a weapon from scratch.
Re: HELP! [message #18870 is a reply to message #18869] Mon, 07 May 2007 21:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
ShadowX630 wrote on Mon, 07 May 2007 23:11

Ok... I have an etire diffrent question now, I understand from this site that to create custom weapons and things you need some kind of 3-D editing program. So I downloaded the trial version of 3Ds Max. I went into Fable Explorer and did the following OBJECT-SWORD_OF_AEONS_GOOD_01 Then I scrolled down on the first window and clicked MESH SWORD OF AEONS GOOD 01. Now once I did that I saw a 3-D picture of the sword rotating so I clicked Save Model LOD it saved a .X file which I tried to open with 3D Max but it wouldn't load it. Am I doing anything wrong?

P.S I wanted to mod Avo's Tear the way I wanted not start a weapon from scratch.

You need the .x import/export plugin.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Re: HELP! [message #18873 is a reply to message #18870] Tue, 08 May 2007 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Where do I get that?
Re: HELP! [message #18876 is a reply to message #18850] Tue, 08 May 2007 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
You can find it in the "Useful Downloads" thead, here.

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1398/satansigv5gu3.gif

There is nothing in the Void.
There is no point to it's being.
I wish there was a reason.
There is nothing in the Void,
But what we put there.

[Updated on: Tue, 08 May 2007 07:53]

Report message to a moderator

Re: HELP! [message #18883 is a reply to message #18876] Tue, 08 May 2007 17:50 Go to previous message
Thanks, just one more thing. I used Adobe Acrobat 3D toolkit to join 3 diffrent models together and when I saved it it saved in .RH format so I saved it again in .X format. So I was wondering three things-
1. How do I add the .X format thing into fable explorer?
2. I wanted to add the weapon to the Chest in Bowerstone Cellar, how do I do that?
3. If everything goes smoothly how can I upload the weapon here as a mod?
Previous Topic: Learning to Mod
Next Topic: I need help!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 12 15:08:12 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01127 seconds