Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » I need help!
I need help! [message #18891] Wed, 09 May 2007 03:36 Go to next message
ShadowX630 is currently offline  ShadowX630
Ok so a couple people told me "to create a new weapon texture you have to use a 3D editing program" so I couldn't get 3Ds Max to work becasue I downloaded the plugin and whenever I load it it turns just gray/smooth and it dosen't look like the weapon anymore. So I tried Blender and that..... just didn't work, I finally tried Adobe Acrobat 3D Toolkit and that worked! Ok I combinded 3 diffrent weapons and I saved it. But thats the problem it only saves in 3 diffent formats, .RH .U3D .RHM so when I go to save it in the name bar I put .X in it. But when I try to open it again with Adobe Acrobat 3D, it wont open the .X file it says it doesn't contain anything. Any help? Also, can someone tell me how to add the new weapon to FE and how to add it to a Chest?
Re: I need help! [message #18892 is a reply to message #18891] Wed, 09 May 2007 03:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

You can't just put .x as an extension, if Adobe Acrobat 3D doesn't support the file format.

As for 3ds max, the model is supposed to turn grey. You have to render it to see the texture.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.
Re: I need help! [message #18893 is a reply to message #18892] Wed, 09 May 2007 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
OldBoy wrote on Wed, 09 May 2007 05:48

You can't just put .x as an extension, if Adobe Acrobat 3D doesn't support the file format.

As for 3ds max, the model is supposed to turn grey. You have to render it to see the texture.

Or apply them using the material editor. People that use max should learn how to use max.

*beats Marcopolo within inch of his life on principle*

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Re: I need help! [message #18894 is a reply to message #18891] Wed, 09 May 2007 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dark3r_Hunter is currently offline  Dark3r_Hunter

you could also probably use milkshape...
i use both 3DS Maz and milkshape because they both are really powerful

----------------------------------
-{Current Projects}-
New and Improve Jack mod (XBOX)
-{Finished Projects}-
Giant Berserk (xbox
Doom Bringer Berserk(xbox)
Re: I need help! [message #18901 is a reply to message #18894] Wed, 09 May 2007 12:19 Go to previous message
ShadowX630 is currently offline  ShadowX630
Can milkshape export .X files?
Previous Topic: HELP!
Next Topic: Crashes after Eye editing?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 08 03:05:45 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01453 seconds