Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Change Experience or item costs
Change Experience or item costs [message #19214] Sun, 20 May 2007 02:04 Go to next message
Rack is currently offline  Rack
I'm hoping to do a rebalancing mod, should be fairly simple at first so I don't overreach. One of the key things I need to be able to play around with is the cost of items in shops, and the cost of buying spells. Is this somehting relatively easy to access in Fable Explorer, or am I trying to change something that isn't designed to be changed?
Re: Change Experience or item costs [message #19215 is a reply to message #19214] Sun, 20 May 2007 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rookshot is currently offline  rookshot

you can change the item value of objects just got to that objects Cdefs and look around for its value. i also found that you can change the exp cost of your abilities to whatever you want. im not good at explaining things but atleast ive let you know you can do it. maybe somone else will post a more detailed guide since im unable to
Re: Change Experience or item costs [message #19219 is a reply to message #19214] Sun, 20 May 2007 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks, I've found the locations of the potions costs, but the spells still elude me. This isn't as simple as I'd hoped, but at least I'm making progress on the big, easy stuff.
Re: Change Experience or item costs [message #19221 is a reply to message #19219] Sun, 20 May 2007 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

For the spells, go to HERO_ABILITY and open the spell you want to change (for instance HERO_ABILITY_STENGTH_BERSERK).
Find control byte 1B8AFCFA , there you find the experience cost per level.

As for the strength and skill levels:
Go to HERO_STATS and double click 2519 - MAIN_HERO_STATS.
Find control byte 33B4ED2 - Stat Levels.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.
Re: Change Experience or item costs [message #19223 is a reply to message #19221] Sun, 20 May 2007 09:54 Go to previous message
Outstanding. There's some really nice stuff here, I should be able to make something of this. Thanks for the help.
Previous Topic: Not Request a 3D rendering question
Next Topic: Help with spell rebalancing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 25 12:21:49 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00647 seconds