Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » A few questions about Fable Explorer
A few questions about Fable Explorer [message #19431] Sat, 26 May 2007 14:21 Go to next message
tealtane is currently offline  tealtane
I have been using Fable explorer and a couple of trainers from this site for a while now and i know how to make some basic changes to some things, namily objects.

1. I would like to know how to rename objects using Fable Explorer so that they will have a different name while being used in game; Reason being, i have used a shop trainer to buy several weapons that normally only enemies use (Bandits, Minions, Undead, Etc.) and they mostly appear in my inventory called (Schimitar, Sword, etc.) and this can be confusing.

2. How do i change the defense values for various armors using FE. I know how to change the scariness/actractivness/alignment, but not the actual defense.

3. How would i make a working version of a melee weapon that has been changed to a ranged weapon or vice versa. I have partially changed a melee weapon (Sycthes Weapon) into a regular Bow type weapon and it moves it into my ranged inventory. I bring it out to use it and the hero holds it like a bow, but it cannot fire arrows. So how could i make this work?

4. Finally, i have become very annoyed with how bandits, minions, undead, and several other enemies are often highlighted purple, so i have difficulty targetting them and they do not put up a challenge because they do not fight me. I must have done something before to change them whithout knowing and i would like to know how to program them to behave normally again.

Thanks to anyone who can answer my questions.
Re: A few questions about Fable Explorer [message #19466 is a reply to message #19431] Tue, 29 May 2007 00:19 Go to previous message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

1. You'd have to make new entry's in the text.big and link those to the weapon via the CInventoryItemDef.

2. Go to the object you want to change. look in the CDefs for CAppearanceModifierDef and open the link to it. There you can change stuff like scariness/actractivness/alignment.

3. You'd have to edit the model in some 3d program and add the helpers (look here for free apps and here for model information).

4. Don't know what you have done, but the easiest solution is to replace the game.bin with the original.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.
Previous Topic: Need Help with FE
Next Topic: problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 21 22:21:30 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02174 seconds