Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Messing with AI
Messing with AI [message #21355] Thu, 05 July 2007 22:39 Go to next message
ReignOfLightning is currently offline  ReignOfLightning
Has anyone done extensive testing with the AI (or Brain) of different npcs (such as Maze, JOB, Scythe, Dragon JOB, etc)? I was messing with BlueTooths perm. summon mod and while summoning some of the higher end characters I noticed that the AI was different and didn't entirely work well as a summon. They wouldn't follow you, the dragon just flies away and never returns etc. I was just wondering if anyone had played around with this stuff enough to help me understand how I can recreate their AI's so that they act in a more suitable way for summons. This mod could also possibly be used to make the game harder as well, by altering the AI so the npcs have a bit more of an umph in their attacks and patterns.
Re: Messing with AI [message #21356 is a reply to message #21355] Thu, 05 July 2007 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
ReignOfLightning wrote on Fri, 06 July 2007 00:39

Has anyone done extensive testing with the AI (or Brain) of different npcs (such as Maze, JOB, Scythe, Dragon JOB, etc)? I was messing with BlueTooths perm. summon mod and while summoning some of the higher end characters I noticed that the AI was different and didn't entirely work well as a summon. They wouldn't follow you, the dragon just flies away and never returns etc. I was just wondering if anyone had played around with this stuff enough to help me understand how I can recreate their AI's so that they act in a more suitable way for summons. This mod could also possibly be used to make the game harder as well, by altering the AI so the npcs have a bit more of an umph in their attacks and patterns.

It's all controlled via the BRAINS and the Opinion Sources.

The brains define an action, an unknown (some type of identifier), and a priority (0-4).

The opinion sources are extremely complex in how they work and I've only been able to identify 2 aspects. And I'm not even sure of those.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Re: Messing with AI [message #21418 is a reply to message #21356] Fri, 06 July 2007 22:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hm, ok. My goal right now is I thought it would be interesting to release a summon mod, allowing you to summon maze (something you have already accomplished) but my addition would be that maze would not only obediently follow you like he should (done), but also I wanted to change his attack style so that he was more potent than he ever was (not done). I know that his "fighting style" is kept in COMBAT_TYPE but any idea where to go from there?

Also when I'm creating a new entry in game.bin, for instance a BRAIN, when I then try and use it in a CSummonableDef as the BRAIN for the summoned creature it is not a valid option...any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Re: Messing with AI [message #21422 is a reply to message #21418] Sat, 07 July 2007 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

You'll need a new BRAIN entry, with the actions from BRAIN_MAZE and SG_MINION_FOLLOW_PLAYER added to it. (You might need to delete the SG_MAZE_TELEPORT, but I don't know exactly what it does.)

Also a new CSummonableCreatureDef entry, with a high rank (at least 30), and link it to your new BRAIN entry.

Now in the CDefs of CREATURE_RIVAL_HERO_MAZE link to your new CSummonableCreatureDef entry.

And you need to change the default summon from the CREATURE_HORNET to CREATURE_RIVAL_HERO_MAZE (this is explained here).

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.
Re: Messing with AI [message #21499 is a reply to message #21422] Sat, 07 July 2007 20:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, I have already done all of that (hence the "(done)") But what I need to know is if anyone knows how to alter his fighting style, aka change how he attacks enemies.
Re: Messing with AI [message #21510 is a reply to message #21418] Sun, 08 July 2007 00:48 Go to previous message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

Missed that...

As for this:

ReignOfLightning wrote on Sat, 07 July 2007 07:45

Also when I'm creating a new entry in game.bin, for instance a BRAIN, when I then try and use it in a CSummonableDef as the BRAIN for the summoned creature it is not a valid option...any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

You have to save mods and run fable first, then exit fable again. Now you can link it up. Had the same problem with my Troll Summon

As for your question about the Fighting Style, don't know it, but I'll take a look.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.
Previous Topic: if you can change the size...
Next Topic: Having some trouble ...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 23:12:56 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01277 seconds