Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Bowerstone Children and Book Cutscenes
Bowerstone Children and Book Cutscenes [message #22824] Sat, 28 July 2007 19:31 Go to next message
Daeymon is currently offline  Daeymon
I've made it so children are killable in Bowerstone, and you've probably guessed it's because I want to own Bowerstone South.

Now my only issue with this is that the Cutscene scripts for the book quest don't recognise the respawned children, yet they do recognise the respawned Mr.Gout. Now I used BT's mortal children mod, so I'm not 100% sure of all the changes that were made, but I have a fair idea.

I'm looking into trying to get the cutscenes to recognise the respawned children just like they recognise the respawned Mr.Gout. Now I've been comparing Gout's and the childrens' CREATURE entries with no luck. Any suggestions to help me? I'm like a blind man in a maze at the moment Smile
Re: Bowerstone Children and Book Cutscenes [message #22825 is a reply to message #22824] Sat, 28 July 2007 19:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sean_s is currently offline  Sean_s
I don't know, I like watching him talking to himself. Oh, you should give him "The Sock Method" when all the children are dead, it'll freak you out.

New? Or looking for information? Look here before posting.
Help the community by adding this to your sig!

Assistant for Conquest
By the way, call me Searyan
Re: Bowerstone Children and Book Cutscenes [message #22827 is a reply to message #22824] Sat, 28 July 2007 20:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, I did enjoy the fun of that for a little while but it got old, fast, and I believe is fixable. I'm looking through the cutscene script trying to find some clues at the moment. I just wish I knew where they kept the variable definitions; as they refer to all the npc's via variables, e.g. Gout is referred to as TEACHER.
Re: Bowerstone Children and Book Cutscenes [message #22899 is a reply to message #22824] Mon, 30 July 2007 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

copy mr. gouts' script, paste it into the kids' script, and make the necessary changes

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: Bowerstone Children and Book Cutscenes [message #22900 is a reply to message #22824] Mon, 30 July 2007 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And where would I find the script for Gout or the children? So far I've only been looking through the cutscene script, which mainly handles how the scene plays out, and the script handles all the NPC's in the same fashion, teacher and children alike. Refers to them via a script variable, in case of Gout its TEACHER and in the case of the children its BOY0, BOY1 etc and the same for girls.

I've looked at the creature entries and the creature definitions and can't find any differences between the teacher and children ones that would relate to the cutscene script. Maybe it's something hard coded or maybe something not stored in either the script or game bin.

If I could find where it designates Gout as TEACHER and the children with their script varaibles then maybe I would start getting somewhere. I'm not giving up though. Smile
Re: Bowerstone Children and Book Cutscenes [message #22901 is a reply to message #22824] Mon, 30 July 2007 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

oh, sorry...

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: Bowerstone Children and Book Cutscenes [message #23551 is a reply to message #22824] Wed, 08 August 2007 12:21 Go to previous message
I'm leaving this matter as unresolved unfortunatly. Mr.Gout is given he's variable during the cutscenes, whereas the childrens' variables are store in a list constant called BOY and GIRL. Now where that list variable is create is beyond me, but obviously respawned versions of an NPC lose their link to the list. So essentially the child takes no part in the cutscene.

So the only real solution is creating a whole new set of children and have them carry out the actions of the class in the cutscene then have these children dissappear at the cutscenes end. I believe this I can do. But it has two problems assoicated with it.

The first is the created children will look different to the actual children in town. Then second is the actual children will still be in the classroom during the cutscene and still frozen. And I cannot find anyway of temporarily moving the children out of the school. If that part could be figured out then changing the cutscenes may not seem so daunting. But I've looked into this and decided to give up for now. Might take a whack at it in the future. But too much looking through game files and not enough playing of the game makes me a dull boy Smile
Previous Topic: Help i broke my fable
Next Topic: Tutorial Videos
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:14:14 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01313 seconds