Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Site » General Discussion » Site development?
icon11.gif  Site development? [message #23585] Wed, 08 August 2007 20:16 Go to next message
RightNut is currently offline  RightNut
I have been crusing around the site (I honestly have nothing better to do right now) and I was wondering If the admin's were planning on adding anything new to the site. Now don’t get me wrong Ill be the first to tell you that it is a lot easier to tell some one to do something than to do it your self. But, I have an Idea for a tool on the site that may help a lot of admin's problems. I am (of course) talking about The Smartness rating. Honestly its not my Idea (mine tend to suck) But it is a good one. It's implemented on the facepunch forums (that’s where I found it). basically it rates everyone’s smartness on a scale determined by the admins. It sets limitations depending on your smartness I.e. to create a thread you must have a smartness of +7. It works by adding smartness for every post and reduces it for poor grammar etc. I find that It prevents idiots who type in all caps and spam threads of people creating accounts just ask a question that can be found by searching.[wow if you have read this far I congratulate you]. but this is my opinion and it looks like it could be a lot of work but it keeps the forum clean. Razz also how about some different themes. If you can't change the site, oh well. this is just my 2 cents, thanks for letting me waste a small portion of your life. Very Happy leave any comments Ideas for site improvement. Razz I’m sure the admins of this web page will enjoy our ideas... Razz

(edit: did't realise this utill after I created this that there might alredy be somthing dedicated for this. sorry if I screwed this up. move it if you have to butI couldn't fine anything like this already. but then again I didn't look to hard [I'm working on the whole lasy b*stared thing])

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/7435/signitureta9.png

[Updated on: Wed, 08 August 2007 20:44]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Site development? [message #23589 is a reply to message #23585] Wed, 08 August 2007 20:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
crazybunny is currently offline  crazybunny
RightNut wrote on Wed, 08 August 2007 20:16

I have been cursing around the site (I honestly have nothing better to do right now) and I was wondering If the admin's were planning on adding anything new to the site. Now don’t get me wrong Ill be the first to tell you that it is a lot easier to tell some one to do something than to do it your self. But, I have an Idea for a tool on the site that may help a lot of admis problems. I am (of course) talking about The Smartness rating. Honestly its not my Idea (mine tend to suck) But it is a good one. It's implemented on the facepunch forums (that’s where I found it). basically it rates everyone’s smartness on a scale determined by the admins. It sets limitations depending on your smartness I.e. to create a thread you must have a smartness of +7. It works by adding smartness for every post and reduces it for poor grammar etc. I find that It prevents idiots who type in all caps and spam threads of people crating accounts just ask a question that can be found by searching.[wow if you have read this far I congratulate you]. but this is my opinion and it looks like it could be a lot of work but it keeps the forum clean. Razz also how about some different theams. If you can't change the site, oh well. this is just my 2 cents, thanks for letting me waste a small portion of your life. Very Happy leave any comments Ideas for site improvement. Razz I’m sure the admins of this web page will enjoy our ideas... Razz

(edit: did't realise this utill after I created this that there might alredy be somthing dedicated for this. sorry if I screwed this up. move it if you have to butI couldn't fine anything like this already. but then again I didn't look to hard [I'm working on the whole lasy b*stared thing])

You are PWNED by your own message... -4 smartness for Rightnut Very Happy
Laughing

[Updated on: Wed, 08 August 2007 20:32]

Re: Site development? [message #23590 is a reply to message #23585] Wed, 08 August 2007 20:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol thats why I'm failing at life Ill fix it Mr.Spellcheck

[Updated on: Wed, 08 August 2007 20:42]

Re: Site development? [message #23595 is a reply to message #23585] Wed, 08 August 2007 20:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
I don't think it's necessary. People that consistently ask inane questions quickly find willing help disappear.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Re: Site development? [message #23596 is a reply to message #23585] Wed, 08 August 2007 20:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well as i said its just an Idea, how about new themes hough (i believe its a setting in the user cp.

Re: Site development? [message #23598 is a reply to message #23596] Wed, 08 August 2007 21:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
RightNut wrote on Wed, 08 August 2007 22:56

well as i said its just an Idea, how about new themes hough (i believe its a setting in the user cp.

You'll have to take that up with PE. I don't know much about forum themes or how to create them. I just ridicule and ban people. Wink

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: Site development? [message #23599 is a reply to message #23598] Wed, 08 August 2007 21:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlueTooth wrote on Wed, 08 August 2007 22:12

You'll have to take that up with PE. I don't know much about forum themes or how to create them. I just ridicule and ban people. Wink

And you do a damn fine job of it too. lol Laughing I would volunteer to make the new themes if I had the origional to work from. Im gonna have to Pm PE.

Re: Site development? [message #23606 is a reply to message #23585] Thu, 09 August 2007 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
solidsirhc is currently offline  solidsirhc
Bluetooth (assuming your the site admin), if I made a website for the portal (where theres a mods section that links to the forum anyway), would you be able to use it if it's good enough? Because i'm trying to get a bit of practice in web design before I go into college to study it. But I need something to actually base it on.
Re: Site development? [message #23607 is a reply to message #23606] Thu, 09 August 2007 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
solidsirhc wrote on Thu, 09 August 2007 04:19

Bluetooth (assuming your the site admin), if I made a website for the portal (where theres a mods section that links to the forum anyway), would you be able to use it if it's good enough? Because i'm trying to get a bit of practice in web design before I go into college to study it. But I need something to actually base it on.

I'm just a forum admin. Pe_Ell takes care of the site.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: Site development? [message #23616 is a reply to message #23585] Thu, 09 August 2007 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
solidsirhc is currently offline  solidsirhc
Does Pe_Ell visit the forum often? I can't say I have ever seen him/her post in the time I'v been here.
Re: Site development? [message #23623 is a reply to message #23585] Thu, 09 August 2007 11:51 Go to previous message
Kain is currently offline  Kain

click on his profile to see when he visited this forum for the last time.

my life is hard:

Im German.
Previous Topic: graphics card
Next Topic: pc version
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 14:19:56 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01390 seconds