Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Graphics Editing » Change weapon hold position, without changing sheath position?
Change weapon hold position, without changing sheath position? [message #25113] Sun, 26 August 2007 21:40 Go to next message
Sean_s is currently offline  Sean_s
I have been thinking about improving the staffs I made, since I am more skilled in remodeling (mainly with helpers), is there a way to change the helper HDMY_WEAPON_FOCUS_01 without changing the position it gets sheathed on your back? Because if I went and fixed the hold position of the staffs, it'd be INSIDE your back when you sheath it. This may just be something I'm doing, but if there is a way, thank you.

New? Or looking for information? Look here before posting.
Help the community by adding this to your sig!

Assistant for Conquest
By the way, call me Searyan
Re: Change weapon hold position, without changing sheath position? [message #25114 is a reply to message #25113] Sun, 26 August 2007 22:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
Sean_s wrote on Sun, 26 August 2007 23:40

I have been thinking about improving the staffs I made, since I am more skilled in remodeling (mainly with helpers), is there a way to change the helper HDMY_WEAPON_FOCUS_01 without changing the position it gets sheathed on your back? Because if I went and fixed the hold position of the staffs, it'd be INSIDE your back when you sheath it. This may just be something I'm doing, but if there is a way, thank you.

Try using the heavy weapon sheathe.
CARRY_SLOT_HEAVY_WEAPON_SHEATHE
It connects to a different scabbard dummy on the Player.

Otherwise I'm not sure. Does the weapon connect using the focus? Or some other dummy/point.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Re: Change weapon hold position, without changing sheath position? [message #25117 is a reply to message #25113] Sun, 26 August 2007 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is that even a model helper? Ok I'll try it.

Assistant for Conquest
Re: Change weapon hold position, without changing sheath position? [message #25118 is a reply to message #25117] Mon, 27 August 2007 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
Sean_s wrote on Mon, 27 August 2007 01:58

Is that even a model helper? Ok I'll try it.

CARRY_SLOTS are game.bin entries linked through the CCarryableDef. Razz

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: Change weapon hold position, without changing sheath position? [message #25119 is a reply to message #25113] Mon, 27 August 2007 00:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well um, call me a noob if you want but, what do I do with this infomation? Lol, what should I put into the model? Or there something in the weapons information I need to change?

Assistant for Conquest
Re: Change weapon hold position, without changing sheath position? [message #25122 is a reply to message #25119] Mon, 27 August 2007 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
Sean_s wrote on Mon, 27 August 2007 02:03

Well um, call me a noob if you want but, what do I do with this infomation? Lol, what should I put into the model? Or there something in the weapons information I need to change?

Opne the CCarryableDef of the weapon and change the carry slot for the sheathe to the heavy weapon. See if that helps.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: Change weapon hold position, without changing sheath position? [message #25125 is a reply to message #25113] Mon, 27 August 2007 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, it kind of worked, it goes too far off my back. Perhaps make it so it doesn't appear on my back?

Assistant for Conquest
Re: Change weapon hold position, without changing sheath position? [message #25141 is a reply to message #25113] Mon, 27 August 2007 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
solidsirhc is currently offline  solidsirhc
Try finding out what makes the other weapon sheath slots place it where it does. Like maybe there are x,z,y co-ordinates of some sort?
Re: Change weapon hold position, without changing sheath position? [message #25178 is a reply to message #25119] Mon, 27 August 2007 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kain is currently offline  Kain

Sean_s wrote on Mon, 27 August 2007 00:03

Well um, call me a noob if you want but, [...]

noob Laughing

my life is hard:

Im German.
Re: Change weapon hold position, without changing sheath position? [message #25338 is a reply to message #25113] Tue, 28 August 2007 11:50 Go to previous message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

go to CWeaponDef, and change sheath_object to 0

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Previous Topic: Lol look...definitley nto close...yay i can make clothes now...but i cant skin weight
Next Topic: Animated Meshes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 03:51:57 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01224 seconds