Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » more children
more children [message #25494] Wed, 29 August 2007 19:34 Go to next message
Aznar Thrul is currently offline  Aznar Thrul

could someone possibly make a mod that could spawn children in more towns? i'm not capable of creating this myself. but i'm sure that someone on this site could do it. it's ok if nobody is up to the task atthe moment. it's somewhat trivial. but i think it could make the game slightly more realistic. since only one town has children, which doesn't seem realistic. and also would it be possible to to make killing children give more evil points. since it seems like a much more evil act to kill children then to kill an adult. just a sugestion.
Re: more children [message #25495 is a reply to message #25494] Wed, 29 August 2007 19:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=9631&a mp;&srch=children#msg_9631 - this will at least help you add some to Knothole Glade

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1398/satansigv5gu3.gif

There is nothing in the Void.
There is no point to it's being.
I wish there was a reason.
There is nothing in the Void,
But what we put there.
Re: more children [message #25496 is a reply to message #25494] Wed, 29 August 2007 19:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sean_s is currently offline  Sean_s
The place I want is Oakvale, or better yet the Chapel of Skorm Wink.

New? Or looking for information? Look here before posting.
Help the community by adding this to your sig!

Assistant for Conquest
By the way, call me Searyan
Re: more children [message #25497 is a reply to message #25494] Wed, 29 August 2007 19:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

i thought about using that but i don't like that they dont move. i'll probably just wait to see if someone makes a better mod where they walk around town. maybe even play like the children in bowerstone. and they could go into a house at night. it would probably take a little while. but hopefully someone will find the time. one idea is that the children of knothole glade could spend the night in the cheifs house. since it doesn't seem to get much use.

[Updated on: Wed, 29 August 2007 20:11]

Report message to a moderator

Re: more children [message #25501 is a reply to message #25494] Wed, 29 August 2007 20:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
If you wait for someone to make a mod for you, you could find yourself waiting forever. Try having a look at how it's done and giving it a go yourself.

And before anyone says "I can't mod", more often than not it's not that you can't mod but that you either won't learn or aren't willing to get your hands dirty

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1398/satansigv5gu3.gif

There is nothing in the Void.
There is no point to it's being.
I wish there was a reason.
There is nothing in the Void,
But what we put there.
Re: more children [message #25505 is a reply to message #25501] Wed, 29 August 2007 20:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ShadowX630 is currently offline  ShadowX630
Yep, I'm just not interested. I could probraly do it, just don't want to. I got enough things to do already!
Re: more children [message #25506 is a reply to message #25505] Wed, 29 August 2007 20:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HodgePodge is currently offline  HodgePodge
I believe there's an entry in the CVillagePeopleDef of the VILLAGE entries...

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x50/HawjPawj/PONG.gif
Re: more children [message #25511 is a reply to message #25494] Wed, 29 August 2007 20:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

i've been trying to learn but i'm having trouble understanding what anything means. i was hoping that someone with more experiance might take an interest in this idea and help me with it. i realise that it might take a while for someone to do anything and most of the good modders are already busy with their own projects. i'll try to learn how to do some of it but i'll need alot of help. if anyone is interested please help. i would apreceate it. please if u aren't interested then don't waste my time by telling me.

[Updated on: Wed, 29 August 2007 20:58]

Re: more children [message #25514 is a reply to message #25506] Wed, 29 August 2007 21:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
HodgePodge wrote on Wed, 29 August 2007 22:41

I believe there's an entry in the CVillagePeopleDef of the VILLAGE entries...

Correct.

Find out what village the chapel is using. Usually it's pretty obvious. Like VILLAGE_SKORM_CHAPEL.

FE opens the game.bin by default.

so game.bin->VILLAGE->VILLAGE_SKORM->CVillagePeopleDef

you can get to the defination file by clicking on the link in the VILLAGE entry. The number of children and the children entries to use should be labeled. Simply change/add, then hit apply, then save and run.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Re: more children [message #25517 is a reply to message #25494] Wed, 29 August 2007 21:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

i found an entry that says boy and another that says girl. would those be right? and then how should i change it? can it realy be that simple?
:i found the children spawning thing what should i change the number to? and should i do anything with the boy/girl thing? if so what? and if all this works is there a way to make it a mod that i can share? i've never made one before.: :i had noticed that the entries in bowerstone are the same as all the others. what does that mean? shouldn't they be different since bowerstone has children in it?i would realy like any input that can be provided.:

[Updated on: Thu, 30 August 2007 08:25]

Re: more children [message #25556 is a reply to message #25494] Thu, 30 August 2007 13:32 Go to previous message

since this is no longer so much a request as now my attempt at my own first mod, is this still the appropriate spot to discuse it in? and are there any guides that would better explain how to do this? sorry please excuse the double post and the spelling. i hade already edited the last post so much that it was bothering me.
Previous Topic: Crunchy Chick
Next Topic: Game.big back up
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 11:31:15 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01268 seconds