Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Peculiar problem with FMP, read wiki and guides and tried several things
Peculiar problem with FMP, read wiki and guides and tried several things [message #34961] Fri, 07 December 2007 09:42 Go to next message
Mimterest
Hi, um.. I've spent the last few hours going through posts, using the search and just browsing, also reading through Wiki, but I just cant make "play as theresa" by morerunes work through the FMP, I have the correct directX, my computer meets the specifications and I have .NET 2.0

to top that I can modify things freely with Fable Explorer and they show up, most notably I changed the child hero to theresa easily, but it looks goofy as I thought it would reading from posts ^^

So.. I can modify the files myself, but I cant load an FMP and apply those changes.. I dont get an "apply changes" option from the menu in the lower left corner with the list of .bin's and .big's, my only option seems to be to either recompile or just "save mods and run".. I tried getting the FMP to work several times, and as 2.0 includes a patch, I tried the following:

- applied 2.0, ran fable through FE applying changes, then applied patch and ran again, all of this without the ripped wad files although I have no clue if that counts for anything

- applied 2.0, then the patch, ran fable through FE applying changes

- the same with ripped files and ini file changed to not use the wad file

Why can I use Fable explorer and even change things, but not use FMP files? Sad sorry if I didnt explain the thing properly, I'm really new to this kind of thing..
Re: Peculiar problem with FMP, read wiki and guides and tried several things [message #34962 is a reply to message #34961] Fri, 07 December 2007 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

you have to save changes and run for them to work Wink

p.s. thanks for your interest in my mod by the way Very Happy

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"

[Updated on: Fri, 07 December 2007 09:52]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Peculiar problem with FMP, read wiki and guides and tried several things [message #34965 is a reply to message #34961] Fri, 07 December 2007 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mimterest
but I did save changes! "Save mods and run Fable" works perfectly when I make edits myself manually, but nothing works when I load your FMP, or either one of them.. so um.. I guess I'm really an idiot, could you please tell me step by step what I have to do to get your fmp's working? the only way I know how is "Save mods and run Fable" after loading the FMP(s) (dont know if you can load more than one without saving that way every time), and that one doesnt work Sad its obvious the program works, and "save mods and run fable" works since I already did make changes manually through FE

I hope I can get it working, your mod is the reason I got back to fable >.<

EDIT: I have tried several things now, among other things loaded the FMP's then saved changes and ran, also loading FMP's then recompiling and using those bins and bigs, it seems only manually editing works for me, FMP loading doesnt.. they dont change anything even if I go see CREATURE_HERO or whatever it is, nothing changed when I loaded FMP, so it must fail at loading somehow.. what can I do? Sad

[Updated on: Fri, 07 December 2007 13:40]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Peculiar problem with FMP, read wiki and guides and tried several things [message #34967 is a reply to message #34961] Fri, 07 December 2007 13:59 Go to previous message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

the only thing I can think of is that copy of FE is a little screwy Confused

step by step: save .fmp file to hard drive
2. open FE
3. click file>>load fable mod package
4. wait for it
5. save mods and run fable

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Previous Topic: Texture Issues
Next Topic: Problem with Fable Explorer.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 08:21:44 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01190 seconds