Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Graphics Editing » Custom Tattoos look Pixelated?
Custom Tattoos look Pixelated? [message #35743] Thu, 20 December 2007 16:40 Go to next message
jimmy_the_piep is currently offline  jimmy_the_piep

I'm trying to make some custom skin-tone tattoos, but the details don't turn out right. For example, the eyebrows, underwear, and any tattoos become blurry or pixelated at the edges. (The color works fine.)

Using Photoshop, I opened the existing bitmaps and pasted my custom image overtop. All 5 files are 512x512, and exactly 1MB.

Should I be using MS Paint instead? Or do I have to tweak with the game settings? Or, do I have to save in a specific manner?
Re: Custom Tattoos look Pixelated? [message #35744 is a reply to message #35743] Thu, 20 December 2007 17:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sean_s is currently offline  Sean_s
That's normal, although annoying. Look at this mod. It will turn the custom tattoos into tattoos stored in the textures.big, though anyone with basic knowledge of retextures shouldn't have a problem with it (if you do have a problem with it, I made specific tutorials on the thread that has it, alternatively, you can go to the link on my sig). Read the info on the thread, it'll tell you all you need to know, PM if you have any problems, and I hope I helped.

New? Or looking for information? Look here before posting.
Help the community by adding this to your sig!

Assistant for Conquest
By the way, call me Searyan
Re: Custom Tattoos look Pixelated? [message #35750 is a reply to message #35744] Thu, 20 December 2007 19:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I followed all your instructions, and mesh is cleaner.

There is one problem; the legs.jpg is being used twice, for the legs and the back. I'm not sure why; I plugged everything in right.

In FE, when I open up custom-back-tattoo, it shows the preview of back.jpg. Also, custom-legs-tattoo shows the preview for legs.jpg. (I can export each image seperately.)

But for some reason the game is using the legs twice. Any thoughts?
Re: Custom Tattoos look Pixelated? [message #35751 is a reply to message #35743] Thu, 20 December 2007 19:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sean_s is currently offline  Sean_s
I could have done it wrong, I'll check it out (I thought that is what feedback was for, but no one bothered to tell me).

Edit

Yes I see the problem, an over-site on my part. I made the back use the legs texture on accident, I'll have this fixed ASAP.

Edit 2

I have fixed the problem, please redownload.

New? Or looking for information? Look here before posting.
Help the community by adding this to your sig!

Assistant for Conquest
By the way, call me Searyan

[Updated on: Thu, 20 December 2007 20:01]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Custom Tattoos look Pixelated? [message #35773 is a reply to message #35751] Fri, 21 December 2007 12:33 Go to previous message

The updated version doesn't seem to be working on my computer. I tried uninstalling the game, then loading in the new files into FE.

When I load up the game with all 5 custom tattoos already applied, the legs.jpg is still being used twice.

Or, if I go to the tatooist, remove everything, and apply custom legs or custom back, it disables the other custom option and only applies the selected tattoo. (So in the buy menu, the other option is greyed out, but not purchased.)

Solution: I figure I'll just save the back.jpg in the legs slot, and then the back.jpg will be used twice as back and legs.
Previous Topic: Preferred Program for Editing
Next Topic: uH OH. NOT THE NOOB
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 03:41:35 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01177 seconds