Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tools Discussion » B-Morph *Ideas, discussion, and opinions*
Re: B-Morph *Ideas, discussion, and opinions* [message #36894 is a reply to message #31465] Tue, 15 January 2008 16:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

does anyone by chance know how I would go about doing that? (adding file paths to names.bin)

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: B-Morph *Ideas, discussion, and opinions* [message #36914 is a reply to message #31465] Wed, 16 January 2008 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Holy_Avenger is currently offline  Holy_Avenger
Looks like Silver need to create Names.Bin editor... Ah, forget it, I bet he's really busy right now.

I'm right here............
Skeeeeeeiith!!!
Re: B-Morph *Ideas, discussion, and opinions* [message #36927 is a reply to message #36914] Wed, 16 January 2008 16:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
The names.bin is just a list of names with 5 bytes preceding each name, and Hunter already has an app that can edit/add to it, FE. But FE can't add bncfg files to the names.bin (to my knowledge).

Edit/correction: Upon closer examination (actually taking an actual look at it) each name listing is preceded by only 4 bytes (makes sense).

There is a 00 at the end of each listing that acts somewhat as a <br> or endl, telling Fable that the listing is over.

[Updated on: Wed, 16 January 2008 17:43]

Report message to a moderator

Re: B-Morph *Ideas, discussion, and opinions* [message #36935 is a reply to message #36894] Wed, 16 January 2008 19:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Silverback is currently offline  Silverback

Cow Tipper
morerunes wrote on Tue, 15 January 2008 16:23

does anyone by chance know how I would go about doing that? (adding file paths to names.bin)

You simply take the name of your file and CRC it 1s complement and add the CRC and the null terminated string to names.bin. You must also increase the file count to names.bin +1 of course Smile
Re: B-Morph *Ideas, discussion, and opinions* [message #36936 is a reply to message #31465] Wed, 16 January 2008 19:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

I'm sorry, but I don't understand.

So basically I put a 00 at the end of names.bin, then something else, then the name of my file?

Re: B-Morph *Ideas, discussion, and opinions* [message #36939 is a reply to message #36936] Wed, 16 January 2008 19:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Silverback is currently offline  Silverback

Cow Tipper
morerunes wrote on Wed, 16 January 2008 19:09

I'm sorry, but I don't understand.

So basically I put a 00 at the end of names.bin, then something else, then the name of my file?

No that string is simply called a C-Style string where it is null terminated (00) this simply indicates the string is over.

Lets say you have a config file called I don't know demo.bncfg
64 65 6D 6F 2E 62 6E 63 66 67 00 | demo.bncfg. <--where 00 indicates the string is over.

Then you CRC 1s complement "demo.bncfg" = 1419085786 which is DA879554 so your names bin entry would look like

DA 87 95 54 64 65 6D 6F 2E 62 6E 63 66 67 00

and you can put that at the end of the file. You then need to edit 0x8 to be +1 I believe and 0xC to be file length -16 (offset to end of file after this value)

I could write something fairly easy but the code I have now I do not really want to put it out there.

A quick hack is to create a new game.bin entry in Fable Explorer with that name and it will add it to names.bin.

[Updated on: Wed, 16 January 2008 19:30]

Re: B-Morph *Ideas, discussion, and opinions* [message #36940 is a reply to message #36936] Wed, 16 January 2008 19:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
/me looks at Silver's post... deems his own to be nothing...

I can't compete.

[Updated on: Wed, 16 January 2008 19:39]

Re: B-Morph *Ideas, discussion, and opinions* [message #36941 is a reply to message #31465] Wed, 16 January 2008 19:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

thanks a lot Very Happy

That really helps (I'm not being sarcastic just in case it sounds like I am haha)

[Updated on: Wed, 16 January 2008 19:31]

Re: B-Morph *Ideas, discussion, and opinions* [message #36945 is a reply to message #31465] Wed, 16 January 2008 22:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Holy_Avenger is currently offline  Holy_Avenger
Ah, this thread has gone beyond my reach. Is it take a longer time to finish it?

I'm right here............
Skeeeeeeiith!!!
Re: B-Morph *Ideas, discussion, and opinions* [message #36951 is a reply to message #31465] Thu, 17 January 2008 02:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hunter is currently offline  Hunter

Idle Hands of the Devil
Or you could just use the existing classes in FableArchives.dll. It has full meta data for all the classes. You just have to import it in VS. Based off of the names of the classes/methods it should be pretty self explanitory to use.

Actually, the only thing you might need to know is that CRC's are labeled as Enum.

If you're not catching onto what I mean, go into VS and hit View->Object Browswer then click the ... button, goto the Browse tab, find FableArchives.dll and click Add and hit ok. Then you can browse the classes that it exports. You'll be mostly interested in NamesBINArchive and NamesBINEntry classes.

To use them in your code you'll have to add the dll to the references in the project. In a c++ project this is done in the common properties page of the project properties dialog. In a C# project you can add them by right clicking on the references item listed under the main project in the solution explorer.

That should pretty much clear up any Names.bin problems you're having.

[Updated on: Thu, 17 January 2008 03:18]

Re: B-Morph *Ideas, discussion, and opinions* [message #36959 is a reply to message #31465] Thu, 17 January 2008 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

I don't think I know what VS is, but I'm using java, so the C stuff won't work for me. Thanks for all of your help though, it is greatly appreciated Very Happy

Re: B-Morph *Ideas, discussion, and opinions* [message #36960 is a reply to message #36959] Thu, 17 January 2008 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Not that it matters, but...
VS = Visual Studio...
Or multiplayer in Street Fighter. Razz

Yes, yes, many other multiplayer games as well. But Street Fighter is by far the best of these. (except the early 3D ones)

[Updated on: Fri, 18 January 2008 18:49] by Moderator

Re: B-Morph *Ideas, discussion, and opinions* [message #36961 is a reply to message #31465] Thu, 17 January 2008 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

oh, thanks Cool

Re: B-Morph *Ideas, discussion, and opinions* [message #36976 is a reply to message #31465] Thu, 17 January 2008 20:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Sorry for the DP, but does this look right? I get a file not found exception:

NamesBINArchive test = new NamesBINArchive(@"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Fable - The Lost Chapters\data\CompiledDefs\names.bin");

edit: just so everybody knows, I'm almost done with the UI of b-morph, and after that I can work on writing a bones file.

[Updated on: Fri, 18 January 2008 05:08]

Re: B-Morph *Ideas, discussion, and opinions* [message #36994 is a reply to message #31566] Fri, 18 January 2008 16:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous Coward
I cant wait to this app working.

HodgePodge wrote on Thu, 11 October 2007 21:16

I was thinking something more along the lines of "Boner"

That is sig-worthy right there.
Re: B-Morph *Ideas, discussion, and opinions* [message #37007 is a reply to message #31465] Sat, 19 January 2008 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grant Hammerhoof is currently offline  Grant Hammerhoof

Certainly more than your traditionally semi-nude anime thing you have in your signature. Anywho, I was meaning to reply to this earlier, just to say nice work! The program looks great, and will no doubt be a great help when working with bone files!! I'm certainly wanting an easier way to shape my hero differently, heheh.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b165/grant_hammerhoof/Grant_BuffBull_WesternSignature.png
Re: B-Morph *Ideas, discussion, and opinions* [message #37020 is a reply to message #31465] Sat, 19 January 2008 19:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous Coward
If my sig offends you or anyone else I will change it. It was the only gif I could find that had anything to do with Saturn, the Car company. It was originally made for my carmodding forum (sixthsphere).
Re: B-Morph *Ideas, discussion, and opinions* [message #37031 is a reply to message #31465] Sun, 20 January 2008 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grant Hammerhoof is currently offline  Grant Hammerhoof

Personally, I just have this thing against Anime, so it's no fault of yours. http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b165/grant_hammerhoof/Smilies/Cow_Tongue.gif

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b165/grant_hammerhoof/Grant_BuffBull_WesternSignature.png
Re: B-Morph *Ideas, discussion, and opinions* [message #37050 is a reply to message #31465] Sun, 20 January 2008 20:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous Coward
Its not anime. Just a cargirl. I had a bunch of em before I got the saturn, I was on different car forums, my saturn forums most people only have saturns, few people with fiero's and a couple of dsm guys .

Re: B-Morph *Ideas, discussion, and opinions* [message #37055 is a reply to message #31465] Sun, 20 January 2008 20:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

please stay on topic, you're just spamming now

Re: B-Morph *Ideas, discussion, and opinions* [message #37065 is a reply to message #31465] Mon, 21 January 2008 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
I feel a thread cleaning coming on.

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1398/satansigv5gu3.gif

There is nothing in the Void.
There is no point to it's being.
I wish there was a reason.
There is nothing in the Void,
But what we put there.
Re: B-Morph *Ideas, discussion, and opinions* [message #54636 is a reply to message #31465] Tue, 13 October 2009 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
morerunes wrote on Thu, 11 October 2007 12:04

THIS THREAD CAN BE MESSY, JUST NO SPAM PLEASE.
Never said anything about super-epic bumps. Wink But I wouldn't call this a bump - I have a relevant and innovative suggestion, that is, if development is still being considered and if you've kept up on your Java studies.

All animated meshes have bones, different ones have different sets of bones. My suggestion is to have an option allowing users to import a list of bones from an FE-exported DirectX file. By only thinking about FE-exported DirectX files, you only have to parse through one type of standard. And I've thought of a way to do it too: Have it string up the names of each frame that has a BONE_OFFSET_MATRIX subframe, these will be the bones. And you'd be surprised at how many bones there actually are...

For example, this is a list of all the bones in the MESH_SUMMONER_01 entry.
Toggle Spoiler
The reason this would be useful is because using only the bones listed in the bncfg files can lead to badly disproportionate results, some things getting much larger/smaller while other things stay the same size.

Anyway, it's just a thought.

[Updated on: Tue, 13 October 2009 10:53]

Re: B-Morph *Ideas, discussion, and opinions* [message #54642 is a reply to message #54636] Tue, 13 October 2009 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

It's a good idea, and if I feel like it I would love to do that, but this program barely made it out as it was, as about 1/4 of the way into making it I lost interest, and finished it solely for the purpose of providing a useful tool.

Re: B-Morph *Ideas, discussion, and opinions* [message #54650 is a reply to message #54642] Tue, 13 October 2009 15:23 Go to previous message

Retired
That's unfortunate but I know where you're coming from.
If you change you're mind, Hunter, Ailia or Silverback should know enough about Java and Hunter would certainly know about how to put together a DirectX parser, if you need advice on either one. Smile
Previous Topic: Serious Help Needed
Next Topic: Cbox System.IO.IOException
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 00:23:21 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01262 seconds