Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » cShopDef list.
cShopDef list. [message #18550] Wed, 25 April 2007 23:10 Go to next message
pryrax
Ok this is my first post I don't even know if i'm doin it right, but you can't be afraid to try, I doubt this is the best place for this but it's the only one I can think of, it's not a mod just info, so if this is in the wrong spot let me know please. This is a list of what shops are what so you know what cShopDef belongs to what shop. I got bored and made a list for myself but I'm nice so it might make it easier for anyone who was wondering.

Oh all the for sale or wanted items are located in the cShopDef's cShopDefArray1List. And as for how to edit them when in doubt follow the exsamples in front of you.
Re: cShopDef list. [message #18554 is a reply to message #18550] Thu, 26 April 2007 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
I usually just get to them through the buildings their attached to. But thank you none-the-less.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Re: cShopDef list. [message #18562 is a reply to message #18554] Thu, 26 April 2007 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
garjian is currently offline  garjian
well, even if you replace an old item with one made from even the same weapon, for me it doesnt appear in the shop.
for example, if i make an exact copy of iron longsword, it just doesnt appear.
even with existing stuff like the hobbe weapons and such, they dont show up either... for me anyway Sad

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q318/garjian/Untitled-4-1.jpg
Re: cShopDef list. [message #18564 is a reply to message #18562] Thu, 26 April 2007 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

garjian wrote on Thu, 26 April 2007 22:59

well, even if you replace an old item with one made from even the same weapon, for me it doesnt appear in the shop.
for example, if i make an exact copy of iron longsword, it just doesnt appear.
even with existing stuff like the hobbe weapons and such, they dont show up either... for me anyway Sad

I remember having the same problem, never looked into it after that.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.
Re: cShopDef list. [message #18566 is a reply to message #18550] Thu, 26 April 2007 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
Probably a save game issue. I believe the shop list is saved.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: cShopDef list. [message #18568 is a reply to message #18566] Thu, 26 April 2007 16:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
garjian is currently offline  garjian
so a new profile should solve it?
but then how come the old items still disappear?
that shouldnt happen if thats the case Confused

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q318/garjian/Untitled-4-1.jpg

[Updated on: Thu, 26 April 2007 16:28]

Report message to a moderator

Re: cShopDef list. [message #18570 is a reply to message #18568] Thu, 26 April 2007 17:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
garjian wrote on Thu, 26 April 2007 18:26

so a new profile should solve it?
but then how come the old items still disappear?
that shouldnt happen if thats the case Confused

Not sure. The save games are wonky like that. They only save certain items and sometimes not all the properties of an item. Such as readable signs. You can change the writing yet not remove the sign.

That's just my first guess though.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: cShopDef list. [message #18573 is a reply to message #18550] Thu, 26 April 2007 19:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pryrax
Sorry when I first made this post I meant to say as a quick referance so if you do change something in the cShopDef you wont have to go thou buildings and stuff, my bad. But as for the questions yes a new profile will fix it, don't know why but it does, and it when you change an item with an already created profile within the cShopDef it dissappears only because it saves the umm "stock", I guess it would be called, at the frist of the game if the item is changed it will think the item is missing but it wont look for new ones because it looks for all entries at the first. You can change some things without creating a new profile, such as how much is in stock or days till next delivery.

As you can see I brought proof with me cuz I know all lot of are like me and don't want to start a new profile only on an MAYBE.

index.php?t=getfile&id=2587&private=0
  • Attachment: pic 1.jpg
    (Size: 94.44KB, Downloaded 1466 times)

[Updated on: Thu, 26 April 2007 19:28]

Re: cShopDef list. [message #18574 is a reply to message #18550] Thu, 26 April 2007 19:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pryrax
Sorry I know you hate double posts but I have to only one upload per message anyways, I've done some tinkering around and I believe that on the item list of the cShopDef third entry from the bottom between enties (unit)ODEC639E and (unit)AOC7F544 the number placed in there is how often a shopkeeper puts up the item for display. So you can change any item that's in the shops inventroy availble to steal. I don't know if you need a new profile for changes here to work but I have had many promising results. Nostro's sword was at about 10.5 when I added it in. But say like green apples are about 6.8. So just adding more food for thought. I don't know why this image is so fuzzy but it's a true image.index.php?t=getfile&id=2588&private=0
  • Attachment: pic 2.jpg
    (Size: 72.77KB, Downloaded 1398 times)

[Updated on: Thu, 26 April 2007 20:51]

Re: cShopDef list. [message #18576 is a reply to message #18574] Thu, 26 April 2007 20:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
pryrax wrote on Thu, 26 April 2007 21:42

I believe that on the item list of the cShopDef third entry from the bottom between enties (unit)ODEC639E and (unit)AOC7F544 the number placed in there is how often a shopkeeper puts up the item for display.

Thats good to know. I'll test it and then label it in the xml.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: cShopDef list. [message #25488 is a reply to message #18573] Wed, 29 August 2007 18:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bhima is currently offline  bhima
There is a way to change a shop's inventory and have your changes show up in-game without creating a new profile. First, export (using FE) the CShopDef that you want to change, and then create a new CShopDef entry. Edit the inventory however you want. Then go the CDefs for the building that houses the shop and set its CShopDef to the new entry you created. The drawback to doing this is that you would end up creating a new CShopDef entry every time you wanted to change something, but in a pinch, if you've played a fair way into the game and don't want to start over, this will bring your changes about.
Re: cShopDef list. [message #25510 is a reply to message #18550] Wed, 29 August 2007 20:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
Use this:
http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=3040& ;start=0&

If you set the persistence to FALSE then the npc isn't saved in the save game and the inventory you specify will be read from the tng every time it loads.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: cShopDef list. [message #37440 is a reply to message #18550] Wed, 30 January 2008 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous Coward
So I am wondering if there is any way to update a currently existing shop keepers inventory without having to start a new profile?
Re: cShopDef list. [message #37446 is a reply to message #18550] Wed, 30 January 2008 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

use the shop trainer, then save. This will only affect your save game though

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: cShopDef list. [message #38226 is a reply to message #37446] Tue, 19 February 2008 02:53 Go to previous message
chaos is currently offline  chaos
Haven't I done this already? What happened to the xml unkowns thread? I posted it there.

Thanks though, I lost my copy.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r124/korgoth-of-barbaria/chaos-1.jpg
Previous Topic: Jack's Mask Texture Problem
Next Topic: Object Weapons
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 05:34:28 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01773 seconds