Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Stupid bridges (general grievance)
Stupid bridges (general grievance) [message #38743] Fri, 07 March 2008 02:33 Go to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
I did a lot of testing with various things in an attempt to spice up levels and whatnot, and I've hit a rough spot.
Me being weird the way I am, I'm unable to move on until I figure out what to do with these stupid bridges.

I played around with the CShipDef to get some sort of swaying effect. The Hero doesn't move with the bridge, really lame.

My other idea was a tilted rotating bridge. It only rotates horizontally so it looks weird. I decided to make it a flat rotating bridge, but again, the Hero doesn't move with the bridge. If the Hero doesn't move, he'll eventually go through the side collision of the bridge while it rotates and he'll fall. Lame.

I'm beginning to hate bridges. A bridge sucks unless it's connecting two cliffs or is high in the air swaying or rotating, and I'm running out of cliffs.

If anyone's got some ideas, they'd be much appreciated.

[/grievance]
Re: Stupid bridges (general grievance) [message #38744 is a reply to message #38743] Fri, 07 March 2008 04:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
JohnDoe wrote on Fri, 07 March 2008 04:33

I did a lot of testing with various things in an attempt to spice up levels and whatnot, and I've hit a rough spot.
Me being weird the way I am, I'm unable to move on until I figure out what to do with these stupid bridges.

I played around with the CShipDef to get some sort of swaying effect. The Hero doesn't move with the bridge, really lame.

My other idea was a tilted rotating bridge. It only rotates horizontally so it looks weird. I decided to make it a flat rotating bridge, but again, the Hero doesn't move with the bridge. If the Hero doesn't move, he'll eventually go through the side collision of the bridge while it rotates and he'll fall. Lame.

I'm beginning to hate bridges. A bridge sucks unless it's connecting two cliffs or is high in the air swaying or rotating, and I'm running out of cliffs.

If anyone's got some ideas, they'd be much appreciated.

[/grievance]

Other than playing with the CPhysicDef your out of luck. I don't recall one single instant of anything moving the player while under him. The in-game physics are extremely basic and simple.

So much so that without walk areas and nav data the player and npc's can walk on top of tables with no resistance.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Re: Stupid bridges (general grievance) [message #39112 is a reply to message #38744] Sat, 15 March 2008 14:31 Go to previous message
chaos is currently offline  chaos
I would give it a very small, nearly unnoticeable effect so that the hero's straight walkway isn't directly noticed, but it is still kind of a cool effect.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r124/korgoth-of-barbaria/chaos-1.jpg
Previous Topic: New Arrows
Next Topic: Giving villagers weapons?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:11:42 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01226 seconds