Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Work In Progress » Dragon Restoration
Dragon Restoration [message #24193] Thu, 16 August 2007 02:45 Go to next message
Silverback is currently offline  Silverback

Cow Tipper
Here it is for the old members of the original board you may remember this one quite well. Good times Very Happy

While this is technically a WIP, it is in this forum as it is open to the community to finish it. The fmp is just Model/Animation for the Dragon for the original game. It is technically the second? or so Dragon from the original the other is beyond repair. Was thinking that I may also bring back the original Dragon_Cliff back as new level (not the snowy filler).

I named the fmp Kyris well because the Dragon in the Arena was named so. I don't think even in the original this was the same as the Arena Dragon. It is named that well because JoB sucks and if anyone associates this dragon with him, I will find you.

Models/Animations only in fmp. Could be missing stuff still, this model is not the same as current dragon. If you use current CAppearancedef it will not work. I cannot extract past CAppearancedef and use it with this, I can use it as a guide but that is probably a bit advanced for this forum Sad.

Here is a short FE animation cycle video. http://youtube.com/watch?v=mZ8p-c7tRi0

So to sum it up this needs about everything. (Can work on Xbox,as of this post, uses original textures that are still present you will need to adjust them) Don't associate with JoB. End

Edit - BlueTooth

KYRIS - 1.fmp is Mesh/Texture
Dragon Cdefs.rar is Old Needed Cdefs
CREATURE_DRAGON_KYRIS.fmp is Full Creature usable on PC. (needs CAppearanceDef)

[Updated on: Thu, 16 August 2007 16:37] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Dragon Restoration [message #24198 is a reply to message #24193] Thu, 16 August 2007 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
Hook me up with the CDragonAction defs. We'll see if they'll work. Wink

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Re: Dragon Restoration [message #24200 is a reply to message #24198] Thu, 16 August 2007 03:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Cow Tipper
Ok and finally CAppearanceDef and old Names.Bin (yeah I know sorry but Application won't work without it)

You'll find that a lot of the current Names.bin entries have been wiped. So I'm wondering if should just take current CAppearancedef and use the actions to old animations. :\

edit: file moved to first post

[Updated on: Thu, 16 August 2007 16:36] by Moderator

Re: Dragon Restoration [message #24203 is a reply to message #24193] Thu, 16 August 2007 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
CREATURE_DRAGON_KYRIS

Just needs a CAppearanceDef

edit: file moved to first post

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.

[Updated on: Thu, 16 August 2007 16:37]

Re: Dragon Restoration [message #24215 is a reply to message #24203] Thu, 16 August 2007 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chaos is currently offline  chaos
Awesome guys. Nice work.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r124/korgoth-of-barbaria/chaos-1.jpg
Re: Dragon Restoration [message #24216 is a reply to message #24193] Thu, 16 August 2007 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kain is currently offline  Kain

so, what can we (u) do with this?

my life is hard:

Im German.
Re: Dragon Restoration [message #24220 is a reply to message #24193] Thu, 16 August 2007 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
When it's fully working you'll have Kyris, the original dragon that was intended for Fable.

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1398/satansigv5gu3.gif

There is nothing in the Void.
There is no point to it's being.
I wish there was a reason.
There is nothing in the Void,
But what we put there.
Re: Dragon Restoration [message #24222 is a reply to message #24193] Thu, 16 August 2007 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes it would...I'm sure the developer's won't mind.

And might I ask, what exactly was wrong with the other dragon? Is it worth posting to see if any one can take a crack at it?

Re: Dragon Restoration [message #24236 is a reply to message #24222] Thu, 16 August 2007 17:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marcopolo is currently offline  Marcopolo

woot sexy rehashes of old threads. what is left to do blue/silver? just the cdefs and stuff? i'd be willing to do all that stuff once i get my computer back if it isnt finished by then

There once was a member of this land,
a humorous posting he planned,
but when he posted,
by mods he was toasted,
and now he has found himself banned.
Re: Dragon Restoration [message #24237 is a reply to message #24236] Thu, 16 August 2007 17:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
Marcopolo wrote on Thu, 16 August 2007 19:33

woot sexy rehashes of old threads. what is left to do blue/silver? just the cdefs and stuff? i'd be willing to do all that stuff once i get my computer back if it isnt finished by then

CAppearanceDef is it.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: Dragon Restoration [message #24284 is a reply to message #24222] Thu, 16 August 2007 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Cow Tipper
chaos wrote on Thu, 16 August 2007 12:07

And might I ask, what exactly was wrong with the other dragon? Is it worth posting to see if any one can take a crack at it?

The other dragon has like 2 textures. No model or animations = beyond repair. We would need the psychic friends network to repair it.
Re: Dragon Restoration [message #24314 is a reply to message #24284] Fri, 17 August 2007 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I see...

Re: Dragon Restoration [message #24406 is a reply to message #24284] Sat, 18 August 2007 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sean_s is currently offline  Sean_s
Silverback wrote on Fri, 17 August 2007 02:17

The other dragon has like 2 textures. No model or animations = beyond repair. We would need the psychic friends network to repair it.

Beyond repair? Rolling Eyes

Toggle Spoiler

P.S. Sorry if you were talking about an other dragon, I thought there was only three (Kyris, Dragon Jack, and this test dragon).

New? Or looking for information? Look here before posting.
Help the community by adding this to your sig!

Assistant for Conquest
By the way, call me Searyan

[Updated on: Sat, 18 August 2007 01:58]

Re: Dragon Restoration [message #24441 is a reply to message #24406] Sat, 18 August 2007 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Cow Tipper
Sean_s wrote on Sat, 18 August 2007 01:54

Silverback wrote on Fri, 17 August 2007 02:17

Beyond repair? Rolling Eyes

Toggle Spoiler

P.S. Sorry if you were talking about an other dragon, I thought there was only three (Kyris, Dragon Jack, and this test dragon).

Wrong game. Fable Xbox has the only copy of Dragon_01 or whatever it was called. It is a texture or two and it is green. Like dark green. It was before Kyris or Dragon Jack and test.

It looks close to the Fresco painting I'm guessing. The cave like area being Hook Coast?? I don't know what they planned on doing with the dragon and I don't think they did either. Dragon cliff had a filler outside Hook Coast and Arena has cameras and dialog for fighting the dragon (8th round) and then you have the old Dragon Cliff which is kind of like the current one except for it doesn't suck.
Re: Dragon Restoration [message #24468 is a reply to message #24193] Sat, 18 August 2007 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah sorry, just thought you meant dragon test in TLC, that's why I added the P.S. to the end. Sorry about that Razz.

So this is what you're talking about then?
index.php?t=getfile&id=3557&private=0
Looks a lot like Kyris, but like you said a darker green.

Assistant for Conquest

[Updated on: Sat, 18 August 2007 14:22]

Re: Dragon Restoration [message #24492 is a reply to message #24468] Sat, 18 August 2007 16:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Cow Tipper
Sean_s wrote on Sat, 18 August 2007 14:18

Ah sorry, just thought you meant dragon test in TLC, that's why I added the P.S. to the end. Sorry about that Razz.

Yep, you'll notice the tooth is broken on that picture and on Kyris's model as well. I just always thought the colors didn't match. Razz
Re: Dragon Restoration [message #24563 is a reply to message #24492] Sun, 19 August 2007 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

where did it day that the prginal dragon's name was kyris?

but when he posted,
by mods he was toasted,
Re: Dragon Restoration [message #24591 is a reply to message #24563] Sun, 19 August 2007 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Cow Tipper
Marcopolo wrote on Sun, 19 August 2007 00:39

where did it day that the prginal dragon's name was kyris?

It is still in your text.big

TEXT_QST_005_V2_ARENA_KEEPER_ROUND8_100
"And the slaying of Kyris the Dragon."
Re: Dragon Restoration [message #24607 is a reply to message #24468] Sun, 19 August 2007 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
routhy is currently offline  routhy

Looks like godzilla with wings.
Re: Dragon Restoration [message #24645 is a reply to message #24193] Sun, 19 August 2007 22:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grant Hammerhoof is currently offline  Grant Hammerhoof

Yeah....Kinda groovy, heheh.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b165/grant_hammerhoof/Grant_BuffBull_WesternSignature.png
Re: Dragon Restoration [message #28100 is a reply to message #24607] Fri, 21 September 2007 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Indonesia War Minister is currently offline  Indonesia War Minister
routhy wrote on Mon, 20 August 2007 04:24

Looks like godzilla with wings.

Yes It is.
I hope the Dragon will finished!

-------------------------------
Grawwww!! Ash kecap the DragonSlayer!

I am Indonesia War Minister, Member of Fanatic Terrorist group, Played Fable for like 2 years
Re: Dragon Restoration [message #28119 is a reply to message #28100] Fri, 21 September 2007 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

i'm already rebuilding the cappearancedef, kkinda awkward since the dragon doesnt have any walk animation...

but when he posted,
by mods he was toasted,
Re: Dragon Restoration [message #28170 is a reply to message #24193] Fri, 21 September 2007 16:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey, can the CAppearanceDef survive being FMPed? For some reason I have the feeling you'll have problems getting the CAppearanceDef to work right when FMPed, since it links to animations that need to be added.

Assistant for Conquest
Re: Dragon Restoration [message #28174 is a reply to message #28170] Fri, 21 September 2007 17:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
deathsvisage is currently offline  deathsvisage
no one likes these wow its a really good mod no one apprectates (spelling)it but i like it
Re: Dragon Restoration [message #28177 is a reply to message #28170] Fri, 21 September 2007 18:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Cow Tipper
Sean_s wrote on Fri, 21 September 2007 16:55

Hey, can the CAppearanceDef survive being FMPed? For some reason I have the feeling you'll have problems getting the CAppearanceDef to work right when FMPed, since it links to animations that need to be added.

It works fine
Re: Dragon Restoration [message #28187 is a reply to message #28177] Fri, 21 September 2007 20:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Indonesia War Minister is currently offline  Indonesia War Minister
Is Kyris is playable now?

I am Indonesia War Minister, Member of Fanatic Terrorist group, Played Fable for like 2 years
Re: Dragon Restoration [message #28237 is a reply to message #28170] Sat, 22 September 2007 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
Sean_s wrote on Fri, 21 September 2007 18:55

As long as there's no xml entry, it'll import the raw file. If there was an xml entry it'd try and use it, and since the CAppearanceDef can't be xml'd the entry would be borked.

So don't add CAppearanceDef to the xml. Razz

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: Dragon Restoration [message #30622 is a reply to message #28237] Wed, 03 October 2007 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is there ny progress being put into this? When I spawn Kyris, all he does is sit and roar. Does is need the quest markers? Any specific scipting you guys recommend?

Re: Dragon Restoration [message #30645 is a reply to message #30622] Thu, 04 October 2007 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

lol when i install that fmp he just sits there and freaks out and shakes, that's why i started rebuilding the cappearancedef Razz

but when he posted,
by mods he was toasted,
Re: Dragon Restoration [message #30648 is a reply to message #24193] Thu, 04 October 2007 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

yeah, i'll get to it tomorrow or something, more likely next week, since i have to go over to my dad's this weekend.

but when he posted,
by mods he was toasted,
Re: Dragon Restoration [message #30649 is a reply to message #24193] Thu, 04 October 2007 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool, thanks. I wonder how hard Kyris will be once he's complete, hehehe. I looked threw his stats and they are frightening, I'll post them later so no one will need to download just to see them Very Happy.

Health 20000

Damage - 2500

I can't tell you more then that, since I haven't seen him in action, sounds like a tough battle though.

Assistant for Conquest

[Updated on: Thu, 04 October 2007 02:49]

Re: Dragon Restoration [message #33494 is a reply to message #30649] Tue, 06 November 2007 19:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Any progress with this? As I remember, it spawned kinda weird.

Re: Dragon Restoration [message #33495 is a reply to message #33494] Tue, 06 November 2007 22:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

currently he only really does one animation, havent done any work on it in a week or so.

but when he posted,
by mods he was toasted,
Re: Dragon Restoration [message #33938 is a reply to message #33495] Wed, 14 November 2007 16:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The animations just need to be put on the model right?

I'll mess around with silver's cappearance app a bit. I'll post anything I get here if I get around to doing anything.

Re: Dragon Restoration [message #33939 is a reply to message #33938] Wed, 14 November 2007 16:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

good luck since the current anims werent named or made for the new dragon, its a bitch to match them up in cappearancedef

but when he posted,
by mods he was toasted,
Re: Dragon Restoration [message #33942 is a reply to message #24193] Wed, 14 November 2007 17:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Isn't a name.bin included in the rebuild kit somewhere that you can plugin to the CAppearanceDef app instead of your name.bin and you can see the names of the animation array in Kyris's CAppearanceDef?

Assistant for Conquest
Re: Dragon Restoration [message #36194 is a reply to message #24193] Sun, 30 December 2007 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fablemaster is currently offline  fablemaster

sorry for bumping a thread but does the final mod have the cappearencedef and if not could someone make it with it and replaceing the normal dragon thanks in advance

I found jesus , he was behind the fridge

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/fablemasterV2/halo2.jpg
Re: Dragon Restoration [message #40336 is a reply to message #36194] Wed, 23 April 2008 21:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kyris is somewhat broken. The actual model itself needs to be rotated, and there are a few other major problems.

1. He always hovers (I had to make it this way due to him only having one animation of him on the ground, the test animation)

2. He goes all over the place (although this may be a flaw in the picnic area coding)

3. He doesn't breath fire...he farts fire, that's right, no joke.

4. He sometimes visually disappears, this may be a falt of mine, however.

I've attached the CAppearanceDef, credit goes to Sean_s.
  • Attachment: DJCAPP
    (Size: 2.66KB, Downloaded 510 times)

Re: Dragon Restoration [message #40581 is a reply to message #24193] Wed, 30 April 2008 19:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Fable Master wrote on Wed, 30 April 2008 20:58

is it possible to create new animations?
Yes, in fact it's easy. The problem is that it's not easy to implement, and FE doesn't support animation import.
Fable Master wrote on Wed, 30 April 2008 20:58

also sorry for the bump and if possible can someone make a youtube video with the dragon functioning in the game?
If there isn't one already, you could ask someone currently working with the dragon.
Re: Dragon Restoration [message #40628 is a reply to message #24193] Thu, 01 May 2008 15:50 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Anonymous Coward
ok thats all i wanted to know

Edit: am i supposed to replace the names.bin with the one in the rar? and if so then why isnt it working i put him in picnic area when the sundial used to be and it freezes every time can someone give me a script to use please?
you do not have to go out of your way to do it if you do not want to though.

[Updated on: Mon, 12 May 2008 11:27] by Moderator

Previous Topic: Darkened souls [WIP]
Next Topic: BlueTooth Suits WIPs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 01:47:16 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01201 seconds