Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Work In Progress » Fable: Worldly
Fable: Worldly [message #44542] Thu, 07 August 2008 10:42 Go to next message
mellr0 is currently offline  mellr0
Greetings. Many moons ago I was working on Fable: Worldy ( at least a year or so), when a situation arose which I was totally unable to work on the mod and no longer had fable: the lost chapters.

I was happily glancing through a bargain basket at my local games shop when i uncovered a copy of fable for less than £5!! I bought it immediately and installed it on my new computer. I then went onto my old computer (since I was about to sell it) and came across some of my old mod files and my old bookmark to this site. I decided it was fate (since i now have alot of spare time).

So, Fable Worldly is born:

Features:
Increased difficulty, without becoming impossible.
Alignment is important and hard to change once you set down a path.
Town changes. Towns no longer will be protected by a million soldiers. The layouts will be different.
More area's to roam in and extra area's are around.
Titles must be earned. Fighting other powerful warriors for the titles of Druid, hood and the like will be included.

the above will definately happen. Either the mod files are already done (and just need touching up) or can be easily redone, since now there are some great new tools.

I'll be posting some screens and such in the next few days of what i have managed to salvage and get completed.

Current Mods:
Fable: Worldly
Re: Fable: Worldly [message #44543 is a reply to message #44542] Thu, 07 August 2008 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marcopolo is currently offline  Marcopolo

hey you're not dead Very Happy

There once was a member of this land,
a humorous posting he planned,
but when he posted,
by mods he was toasted,
and now he has found himself banned.
Re: Fable: Worldly [message #44544 is a reply to message #44542] Thu, 07 August 2008 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I try my best not to be. Rolling Eyes

I was seriously amazed by the new Chocolatebox program. No more editing 2 things in the TNG editor and restarting the game. I remember taking 3 hours to correctly position a fence made of 4 pieces.

Current Mods:
Re: Fable: Worldly [message #44566 is a reply to message #44542] Fri, 08 August 2008 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marcopolo is currently offline  Marcopolo

heh if you managed to correctly place a 4 piece fence in 2 hours then you're a god Laughing

i had math equations going to keep stuff in line back in the good old tng days, makes me more patient just thinking about it

There once was a member of this land,
a humorous posting he planned,
but when he posted,
by mods he was toasted,
and now he has found himself banned.
Re: Fable: Worldly [message #44567 is a reply to message #44566] Fri, 08 August 2008 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Marcopolo wrote on Fri, 08 August 2008 12:55

math equations
Hah, I had a small flash app to help me determine all kinds of translational/rotational numbers before CBox was around, and it didn't even go into the Z values, so I was just guessing that bit. Made extensive use of sine/cosine, I'm just glad those days are gone.
Re: Fable: Worldly [message #44829 is a reply to message #44542] Fri, 15 August 2008 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KK, heres my progress report:

1. Bowerstone modifications: 10%
  2. Oakvale: 10%
  3. Experience:15%
  4. Rival heroes: 30%
  5. Legendary weapons:50% (removed, no new ones yet)
  6. Difficulty changes: 20%
  7. Overall textures: 5%
  8. lev editing: 40%

See. lots of work to do, but "some" done. I'll know i have done it right if the first time a beta tester plays it they get their ass kicked. I'm pretty paranoid about showing off any screenshots yet, since most of what i have done is WIP.

hopefully more updates to come.

Current Mods:
Re: Fable: Worldly [message #45633 is a reply to message #44542] Thu, 18 September 2008 22:23 Go to previous message
enkilleridos is currently offline  enkilleridos
im open to help scripting quests im not a pro but im learning there was some stuff I wanted to add to post-game more quests add a little bit of the during main story sub-quests. Thats all i really think i can do since im not good at visual coding (adding weapons, reskinning, etc.) I am also free to test what you have done now and tell you if there are any bugs.
Previous Topic: Fable:Harsh ( Work in Progress )
Next Topic: Raiders
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 14:21:31 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01075 seconds