Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » Spell editing...how?
Spell editing...how? [message #44849] Fri, 15 August 2008 20:49 Go to next message
BlazeLeeDragon is currently offline  BlazeLeeDragon
how do you edit spells? like make the spells do more damage, or have heal do more healing. or have the mana costs be less??

Blaze
Re: Spell editing...how? [message #44850 is a reply to message #44849] Sat, 16 August 2008 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mellr0 is currently offline  mellr0
please try the search button.

Current Mods:
Fable: Worldly
Re: Spell editing...how? [message #44855 is a reply to message #44849] Sat, 16 August 2008 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I did a search, can't find anything. tried spells, customizing spells, editing spells, edit spells, edit spell, change spells, adjust spells...

nothing, surly someone knows how to edit spells...

Blaze

[Updated on: Sat, 16 August 2008 10:56]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Spell editing...how? [message #45042 is a reply to message #44849] Thu, 21 August 2008 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mellr0 is currently offline  mellr0
heres how i know you are lying. by putting in "spell editing" i got this.

http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?SQ=8d01f5daf8f0de0194 e495d7eeeab1e7&t=search&srch=spell+editing&btn_s ubmit=Search&field=all&forum_limiter=&search_log ic=AND&sort_order=DESC&author=

the 3rd, 4th, 6th and most of the others have pretty much everything you need to know.

Current Mods:
Fable: Worldly
Re: Spell editing...how? [message #45062 is a reply to message #44855] Fri, 22 August 2008 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok...and which one of those is supose to help me edit spells?...because I've looked at these topics and I don't see it...

Blaze
Re: Spell editing...how? [message #45075 is a reply to message #45062] Fri, 22 August 2008 19:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
In FE or ChocolateBox, you can edit the spells by browsing the SPECIAL_ABILITIES_IM_A_SPELL stuff in the game.bin. Just in case people go looking for a SPECIAL_ABILITIES_IM_A_SPELL in the game.bin, there isn't one. There are many SPECIAL_ABILITIES_* stuff, most of them are spells. Some of them have more than one entry (not including the NULLDEF entries, don't edit those), these other entries are for npcs, the ones for the Hero have the word "HERO" in them. Open these entries and change the data. Apply changes. Save mods and run Fable. Stop asking stupid questions. Kthxbai.
Re: Spell editing...how? [message #45351 is a reply to message #45042] Wed, 03 September 2008 19:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
His_Shadow is currently offline  His_Shadow
mellr0 wrote on Thu, 21 August 2008 10:33

heres how i know you are lying. by putting in "spell editing" i got this.

http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?SQ=8d01f5daf8f0de0194 e495d7eeeab1e7&t=search&srch=spell+editing&btn_s ubmit=Search&field=all&forum_limiter=&search_log ic=AND&sort_order=DESC&author=

the 3rd, 4th, 6th and most of the others have pretty much everything you need to know.

Want to know whats funny, the search button only leads to other topics with people whining to use the search button and not answering the question or another topic which doesn't answer the question at all lol how do you edit the lightening spell

In fact, I wouldn't even be posting if it wasn't listed with the others on the http://fabletlcmod.com/wiki/doku.php

[Updated on: Wed, 03 September 2008 19:37]

Re: Spell editing...how? [message #45353 is a reply to message #45351] Wed, 03 September 2008 21:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
His_Shadow wrote on Wed, 03 September 2008 21:34

Want to know whats funny, the search button only leads to other topics with people whining to use the search button and not answering the question or another topic which doesn't answer the question at all lol how do you edit the lightening spell

In fact, I wouldn't even be posting if it wasn't listed with the others on the http://fabletlcmod.com/wiki/doku.php
Want to know whats funny? Every time I see a http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/theme/default/images/new_content.png I think someone has something useful to say, because I really want to believe that our community actually has something to offer still, and yet nearly each time, I kid you not, I am disappointed.
The sad thing is that I still look for the http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/theme/default/images/new_content.png and I still fool myself with the idea that someone might actually surprise me.
Re: Spell editing...how? [message #45354 is a reply to message #45353] Wed, 03 September 2008 21:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whats funny, is almost in all posts when ever someone asks a question it is never answered. What's even funnier is the ones who post a search link on this site and claim 'Ha, Ha your lying I was able to do a search!' and then your linked to questions that ask the same question but met with responses to use the search button which the search links offer no real answer.

Are you guys just lazy? You have a problem with anyone who dares ask a question and then when someone likes me searches and searches for hours and even uses your wiki and still cannot find the answer then what do we get when we come to ask a question, *gasp* HE WAS SUPPOSED TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON OMG *GASP*

Which most of us did, and was met with answers to use the search link to other questions that ask the same question we asked and others that discussed mods and ideas but not the true answer.

I feel like I am calling a call center in India

-signed by a person who used the search button and wiki only to find the same simliar question repeated constantly like you see this phrase in this post only to be linked to five other topics with no answer given but use the search button for a topic that doesn't exist
Re: Spell editing...how? [message #45357 is a reply to message #45354] Wed, 03 September 2008 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
His_Shadow wrote on Wed, 03 September 2008 23:52

Whats funny, is almost in all posts when ever someone asks a question it is never answered.

Are you guys just lazy?
You're joking, right? And what's your grievance? What is it that you want to know? If it's about spells, I've already answered that in the post prior yours. If you want specific information, be specific when asking. Believe me, people here actually do like to help, but we do not like to answer the same question repeatedly (but do anyway, mood-permitting).

The difference is that they get paid for their service, this isn't a store, no one here is getting paid for anything, there isn't a sticker on the bottom of the box that FE came in that reads "satisfaction guaranteed or your money back", no one is obligated to do anything, and you can bet on most of us to do the absolute minimum required by law (up to and including nothing) to help you unless you help yourself.

First thing's first, learn how to search. As I mentioned earlier, we do like to answer questions, just not repeatedly, so your best bet is to sort search results with the date ascending, as in not descending, in such a way where the older posts are on top. If clarification is needed, feel free to look up the definitions of the words. If further clarification is needed, you may need to cut off your pipeline to the internet for the safety of non-morons. This can be done by unplugging your computer. Another helpful hint is to keep search queries vague, and this is the only place where being vague is acceptable. While not many people, if any, may have posted "zomgz halp meh edit teh lightning", I bet there are a lot of people who have posted something or other in regards to lightning, so the search query would be "lightning". And yes, you'll have to sift through a few posts but dammit, we did our part in putting the information there in the first place, if you're too lazy to take a second to actually look for it then you're probably not the kind of member we want around here anyway.

Secondly, appreciation for what is here. Everything that we've learned has been achieved through trial and error, through Fable dev interrogations (at gunpoint), through common sense, through brute force, and when a lot of people did a lot of things and took what they learned to make a single collective wealth of knowledge, that was a community effort. A lot of people pitched in and devoted time and patience to find and spread knowledge, to make and distribute tools, and what have you given us? Nothing, you just bitch and moan about how unhelpful we are.

So, you know what's funny about this? Nothing. Hundreds, perhaps thousands of you ungrateful, lazy pricks come by demanding something be handed to them and then get pissy when we don't bend over backwards for you.
Re: Spell editing...how? [message #45358 is a reply to message #45357] Wed, 03 September 2008 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe wrote on Wed, 03 September 2008 22:20

Whats funny, is almost in all posts when ever someone asks a question it is never answered.

Are you guys just lazy?
You're joking, right? And what's your grievance? What is it that you want to know? If it's about spells, I've already answered that in the post prior yours. If you want specific information, be specific when asking. Believe me, people here actually do like to help, but we do not like to answer the same question repeatedly (but do anyway, mood-permitting).

The difference is that they get paid for their service, this isn't a store, no one here is getting paid for anything, there isn't a sticker on the bottom of the box that FE came in that reads "satisfaction guaranteed or your money back", no one is obligated to do anything, and you can bet on most of us to do the absolute minimum required by law (up to and including nothing) to help you unless you help yourself.

First thing's first, learn how to search. As I mentioned earlier, we do like to answer questions, just not repeatedly, so your best bet is to sort search results with the date ascending, as in not descending, in such a way where the older posts are on top. If clarification is needed, feel free to look up the definitions of the words. If further clarification is needed, you may need to cut off your pipeline to the internet for the safety of non-morons. This can be done by unplugging your computer. Another helpful hint is to keep search queries vague, and this is the only place where being vague is acceptable. While not many people, if any, may have posted "zomgz halp meh edit teh lightning", I bet there are a lot of people who have posted something or other in regards to lightning, so the search query would be "lightning". And yes, you'll have to sift through a few posts but dammit, we did our part in putting the information there in the first place, if you're too lazy to take a second to actually look for it then you're probably not the kind of member we want around here anyway.

Secondly, appreciation for what is here. Everything that we've learned has been achieved through trial and error, through Fable dev interrogations (at gunpoint), through common sense, through brute force, and when a lot of people did a lot of things and took what they learned to make a single collective wealth of knowledge, that was a community effort. A lot of people pitched in and devoted time and patience to find and spread knowledge, to make and distribute tools, and what have you given us? Nothing, you just bitch and moan about how unhelpful we are.

So, you know what's funny about this? Nothing. Hundreds, perhaps thousands of you ungrateful, lazy pricks come by demanding something be handed to them and then get pissy when we don't bend over backwards for you.

My problem sir is that I see all these people asking questions and it not being answered! You want to know how I came to this topic? The search button. Before I went anywhere, I went straight to the Wiki! I found the answers to the great majority of questions but one, just one question. So I then come on to the forums and search for two hours....just trying to find the question phrased by the topic creater and all I see are questions like the one... Sadly even though I looked for hours if I asked the same question it would be met with use the search button.

Then I see someone respond with a link to the search button. Then they claim the man who made this topic was lying! Guess what the link leads too? Other questions like this with no answers accept use the search button.

I bet you do not like the same question. Then maybe, you should put it on the wiki like the other questions. I mean its a nice wiki with the basic questions answered. Bottom line if you use the search terms possed in this topic the answer is not there.

I did search, for two hours. Problem is Elitists like you think everyone should know as much as you do. People come here with a friendly question and some like me who has searched for hours only to come on the board seeing this question asked many times from being linked from the seatch button and all topics are answered in a hostile manner and never answered.

Instead of helping someone you spend more time driving them off treating them like dirt because most did what you all are recommending and some of yous even in your uptight elitist way use a link telling us we are all liars only to find the link provided like the guys above's search link was not the answer but rather all other questions like the one this poor man had.

God I feel like I am visiting San Francisco and everyone is sniffing their own farts driving their Hybrids and sipping their latté going on and on about how much people need to be like them....

I mean for the elitists at this site, if people make you so miserable why don't you just shut down this site and go to barrackobama.com and just complain about vile people with other elitists? Or just get off the internet

What I never understood about board elitists is that they will literally spend all their time and effort telling people on a open forum to find it their self and not answer a question given like that takes too much effort but they will like the guy above use all their effort to combat that person

[Updated on: Wed, 03 September 2008 22:41]

Re: Spell editing...how? [message #45361 is a reply to message #45358] Wed, 03 September 2008 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
I don't expect anyone to know everything, or even anything, when they first come here. I expect them to take the time to learn. I expect them to get by on their own without the need of someone holding their hand.

One of the many things I found (using search, by the way) was this. Go down to "STUFF YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT SPELLS" and "SPELLS". Here, Nesdude explains where to find spell entries, he explains some common things about spells, like radius, distance, time, damage, damage per second, etc. and so on are just what they say they are, and then for each spell he explains specific things for each. All you have to do is read.
Re: Spell editing...how? [message #45362 is a reply to message #45361] Thu, 04 September 2008 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you sir for the help. It gives me an idea of what to do and where to go somewhat but I think I will get the hang of it but again I would like to thank you for your time and effort for providing that link and the help given sir! Very Happy

EDIT: This helped more then I ever thought that linked solved all my problems man thank you again

[Updated on: Thu, 04 September 2008 00:53]

Re: Spell editing...how? [message #45381 is a reply to message #45361] Thu, 04 September 2008 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe wrote on Wed, 03 September 2008 23:02

I don't expect anyone to know everything, or even anything, when they first come here. I expect them to take the time to learn. I expect them to get by on their own without the need of someone holding their hand.

One of the many things I found (using search, by the way) was this. Go down to "STUFF YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT SPELLS" and "SPELLS". Here, Nesdude explains where to find spell entries, he explains some common things about spells, like radius, distance, time, damage, damage per second, etc. and so on are just what they say they are, and then for each spell he explains specific things for each. All you have to do is read.

that link was infact what I was looking for, I've stumbled onto it once before and couldn't figure out how I did it. I've tried ascending and descending, I've tried spells, spell, edit spells, editing spells, customizing spells, custom spells, changing spells...

and most links either are not answered or give a vague if any idea of how to do it...

after great fustration I thought I might ask...then after being called a lier I figured there is no point asking anymore and gave up.

yes I'm lieing becauase I have nothing better to do with my time...

if anything simply posting a link would be fast and anyone who searches in the future will see the link right away and not have to ask again...

even with this link thought it he even says he doesn't know how to edit the healing spell's heal amount which was one of my main questions besides editing the damage.

sure I can download haks and cracks made by others. but i want o learn how to customize the game myself, I even had the silly Idea I could share my knowledge with others...

in the past I have had a great deal of help from anyone I asked on this sight...now aside from JohnDoe, I've been met with rude and snippy comments...

I wouldn't go as far as what his shadow said, but it's it very discuraging. exspecially when you have issues spelling, not sure what to type in the search bar, and confused as to what way to ask the question.

either way I gave up on spell editing, either no one knows how to edit spells that well or doesn't share what they know. I've found you can do basic edits but most say you can't create your own spells and there is only so much you can change about them, not being exsperenced in coding in anyway shape or form I am a little neverous to make customize and have my game crash...

either way thank you JohnDoe for helping find that spell link again.

Blaze
Re: Spell editing...how? [message #45382 is a reply to message #45381] Thu, 04 September 2008 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You can create and edit certain things in fact you can edit anything in the game, it just involes a lot of knowledge on how to script and program the game.If spelling is a problem like me you might have a hard time but I recommend taking up some visual basics c++ classes to see if you excell in the field.

Or you can learn on your own. Sadly I dont know any fun places to learn anymore. IUt used ot be back in 95 everyone used to gather in AOL private chats (When there was not bots in chats) and there was a huge programming community building to make progz and such. It was a good learning experience for more and it has shaped a lot into their current professions

[Updated on: Thu, 04 September 2008 14:22]

Re: Spell editing...how? [message #45386 is a reply to message #45382] Thu, 04 September 2008 17:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that sounds like it would be fun, I've always wanted to learn C++

Blaze
Re: Spell editing...how? [message #45387 is a reply to message #45386] Thu, 04 September 2008 17:46 Go to previous message
BlazeLeeDragon wrote on Thu, 04 September 2008 17:41

that sounds like it would be fun, I've always wanted to learn C++

Don't give in over your head though, I would practice first on your own with a community that helps you and making something for fun makes it all the more worth it BUT I wouldn't recommend anyone taking a class on something they are unsure they can do.

In High School YEARS ago I took up Visual Basics....worst mistake I ever made. I had to take up an additional credit and I dated a pretty hot girl who took up Video Game Design at a college here in Chicago....problem is she isn't a video game nerd and knows a little to nothing about programming before she got into that...waist of money and money to a school where college credits cannot be transfered Razz
Previous Topic: Chests
Next Topic: A question about slow time...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 03:43:25 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01102 seconds