Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tools Discussion » Fable Explorer NOT WORKING
Fable Explorer NOT WORKING [message #45022] Wed, 20 August 2008 19:51 Go to next message
animekid96 is currently offline  animekid96
EDIT:

1.Okay So I Open Up FE
2.Murder the enter button
3. get a overview of some error:object reference not set to an instance of an object
4.(gets a option) either quit the program, or ignore the error and continue
5.(hits continue)
6.clicks 'file', then 'load fable mod package'
7.(selects mod and clicks enter)
8. recieves the error mentioned in 3(object reference not set to an instance of an object)
9.(trys ALL the mods i dled) none work,gets the same error everytime

so what im trying to say is,ive searched and searched with no results of helping me..and ive figured no way out to fix this, as of many others..im hoping somone can reply and help me, because i dont see any other programs capable of modding fable..so if this doesnt work im screwed =(.. Please help PLEASE....

[Updated on: Wed, 20 August 2008 20:49]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Fable Explorer NOT WORKING [message #45097 is a reply to message #45022] Sun, 24 August 2008 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Raziel is currently offline  Raziel
what kind of .net framework do you have.
Re: Fable Explorer NOT WORKING [message #45120 is a reply to message #45097] Mon, 25 August 2008 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have the 2.0 i think
Re: Fable Explorer NOT WORKING [message #45122 is a reply to message #45097] Mon, 25 August 2008 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*edit*

i have 2.0 which is required right? btw i use windows..not vista.
(if that helps at all..)any ideas on what i can do to fix this? i heard of a 3.0, 3.5... is that a new one that is better?

[Updated on: Mon, 25 August 2008 11:32]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Fable Explorer NOT WORKING [message #45128 is a reply to message #45122] Mon, 25 August 2008 14:18 Go to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
.net Framework 2.0 is all you need for FE. Later versions 3.0 and 3.5 would not improve performance or fix this problem of yours, specifically because it is not a .net problem. When you have a .net-related error, you end up with an HRESULT or a nice code to indicate that you have no version of .net whatsoever.

Side note: On XP, Automatic Updates include .net 1.1/2.0 as well as updates for each, so unless you have automatic updates turned off or choose not to install the automatic .net updates, it isn't a .net prerequisite problem.

On Vista, I think it's either 3.0 or 3.5 that comes included. Again, it isn't a .net prerequisite problem.

Another side note: Vista is Windows. XP is Windows. Learning time, everything on that list is Windows.

Back to the topic: Search, dammit, search. Here, found searching for "object reference". It's simple, this particular error when starting FE* is user error somewhere down the road, and the reason no one has a universal fix for it is because there's a never-ending-user-error-generating machine that I call the general population.

Nevermind the fact that no one can tell us exactly what they did to cause the error in the first place, even if they were capable of such a thing, I wouldn't bring myself to tackle each problem in my own think-tank just because others can't, and I doubt anyone else would want to solve someone else's self-inflicted problems either.

*This particular error when loading a mod is not soley blamed on user error, rather it is a fault of either the creator of the mod (bad mod), the user (bad user), or circumstantial oopsie-daisies, but mostly because of bad action by the user.
Previous Topic: Free roam problem
Next Topic: Fable TLC Trainers *discussion*
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 15:03:34 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01210 seconds