Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Graphics Editing » Tattoo bump theory
Tattoo bump theory [message #45809] Sun, 28 September 2008 00:42 Go to next message
Desarial is currently offline  Desarial

Hey, I was just looking at the joker stuff that another user made and it occured to me that being able to put the joker scars into the game would be pretty badass and a desent adittion to the exsisting mod, now I know that the easiest way would be to change up the scars so thtat there's one along the mouth and just give it a bump map to help it seem mot promanent, but would it be possibly to atatch a bump map to a tatto, using a mod simalar to the one which allows for high def tattoos by makign them part of the texture.BIG file. it's just simple speculation is all.
oh and I don't know if anyone was paying attention but sorry for the inactivity and the lack of promised mods, my game crashed, then my computer, twice, lol, and I'm too lazy to install fable(untill now)

edit: tattoo bumb theory? lol, BUMP

Current Projects:
Amber Archons(pending on requester)
Blind Eye(for combanation with scars over the eye)
A complete Sharigan Eye mod(will,normal,evil,blind)(becuase will just isn't enough)

[Updated on: Sun, 28 September 2008 00:43]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Tattoo bump theory [message #45824 is a reply to message #45809] Sun, 28 September 2008 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lord Mason is currently offline  Lord Mason

I've been trying to figure this one out for a while. My efforts have turned up nothing yet though. It seems nobody else has really attempted to add BUMPs to tattoos. Any help would definately be appreciated.

Hmm... Death Magnetic or Black Ice? So hard to choose.
Re: Tattoo bump theory [message #45826 is a reply to message #45824] Sun, 28 September 2008 16:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

scarring and will tats have bump maps defined for them. You could actually edit the hero texture, but that sort of defeats the purpose of a tattoo

so, you could implement a tattoo as a scar, but that's a bit of a stretch. You could implement it as will tattoos, but still not so great

My guess would be to either edit the hero texture, or find a way to add in a CDef to the tattoo

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"

[Updated on: Sun, 28 September 2008 16:19]

Re: Tattoo bump theory [message #45831 is a reply to message #45809] Sun, 28 September 2008 19:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thanks, I'll bet that custom tattoos in your My Documents/Games Fable/Tattoos Folder won't show up in FE will it?
EDIT: I don't really have time to work on this now so if anyone else wants to finish it up for me it's open to you. (Plus this is a little beyond me at the moment.)

[Updated on: Sun, 28 September 2008 19:35]

Re: Tattoo bump theory [message #45856 is a reply to message #45809] Tue, 30 September 2008 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

hmm, idk it would seem that it'sd be alittle easier, I haven't looked into the def editting yet I've been working on textures,but I think I have an idea of how to do this.

on the side, has anyone noticed the lack of bump maps for fable? I mean really, the textures lack so much depth it's almost like they were being lazy, idk I might look into that for most items seeing as alot of things can have a bump map added, but seriously, it would define the game more, possibly even give it some better visual quality.

Current Projects:
A complete Sharigan Eye mod(will,normal,evil,blind)(becuase will just isn't enough)
Re: Tattoo bump theory [message #45864 is a reply to message #45809] Tue, 30 September 2008 16:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Desarial said,

has anyone noticed the lack of bump maps for fable? I mean really, the textures lack so much depth it's almost like they were being lazy, idk I might look into that for most items seeing as alot of things can have a bump map added, but seriously, it would define the game more, possibly even give it some better visual quality.
Really aside from the Will mark bumps and scars not much has been bumped. I think that the ageing textures also have bumps. But really where the bumps are mainly absent is the armors and creatures mainly of a couple reasons in my opinion.
Reason #1: The Deadline
Reason #2: Primitive Technology

[Updated on: Tue, 30 September 2008 16:57]

Re: Tattoo bump theory [message #45872 is a reply to message #45809] Tue, 30 September 2008 19:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

despite that our tangent is off topic, I do want to ask about fable 2, you said it won't feature co-op upon release? that was one of the things I was looking for, hopefully they'll release it in the future as an update. and deadlines really do kill games, I can see that theory playing out quite well actually, and the marketing purposes are so-so, I mean, there's alot of games on the xbox and the computer that differ greatly and graphic capabilities, but it's no great loss to the company, idk lionhead tends to leave you wanting more or lacking what they promise to begin with, much like they're other god-game cousin, Maxis.

now back on subject a bit, I would be able to create an easy bump map for most of the textures simply by using an emboss filter on photoshop, it wouldn't be hard, bu ti'm, not one for coding to much, I can but I don't try to hard to.

Current Projects:
Re: Tattoo bump theory [message #45880 is a reply to message #45809] Wed, 01 October 2008 15:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Off Topic Discussion

Maybe we could turn this into a community project. There's a whole community out there who can help out with at least something. Getting the bumps onto the character wouldn't be hard, but applying them only to a tattoo hasn't really been done before. It would be breaking new ground if we did get it to work, but I'm not sure if it's possible. If nothing else we could make a mod where it applies the scars to the hero's face texture.

Re: Tattoo bump theory [message #45881 is a reply to message #45880] Wed, 01 October 2008 18:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

that's agood idea, I mean I can mostly help with the bumpmapping, but the problem is I'm not 100% relyable, so we would need possibly need a few people working on textures.

Current Projects:
Re: Tattoo bump theory [message #45887 is a reply to message #45856] Wed, 01 October 2008 20:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Desarial wrote on Tue, 30 September 2008 13:19

has anyone noticed the lack of bump maps for fable?
No. Rocks, grass, age/alignment morphs, many weapons, many creatures, even signs feature bump maps. Even water, snow, ice feature bump maps. While I agree that there could be more, it doesn't bother me enough to do anything about it.
Lord Mason wrote on Wed, 01 October 2008 17:48

This is somewhat, in my opinion implying that the game will eventually feature co-op.
Don't be fooled, this is typical hype. If Fable 2 features the ability to have children, you can look forward to Fable 3 featuring multiplayer.
Lord Mason wrote on Wed, 01 October 2008 17:48

I'm not sure if it's possible.
Good call. Tattoos are applied on top of the base map but does not include bump maps. Quite honestly, I've never seen a tattoo that altered the shape of the skin in real life. The scars idea wouldn't work either, after a few fights you'd have several face tattoos.

[Updated on: Wed, 01 October 2008 20:40]

Re: Tattoo bump theory [message #45888 is a reply to message #45887] Wed, 01 October 2008 20:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

clothing

although John is right, so you'd have to call it henna =p

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: Tattoo bump theory [message #45903 is a reply to message #45809] Thu, 02 October 2008 16:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I could do the bump mapping, I'm just not sure how I would save that to an fmp that would apply it to the hero from the start of the game without replacing something that you'd need to somehow "aquire." (i.e. Will/Age bumps.) If someone could help me out with this it would be great.
JohnDoe said,

Don't be fooled, this is typical hype. If Fable 2 features the ability to have children, you can look forward to Fable 3 featuring multiplayer.
Although I can see what your reasoning may be, this was still intended to be in Fable 1 but cancelled. This time around though, it was announced on a large scale, they got people psyched over it. It would be retarded and a poor business decision to not include it somehow. And Fable 2 includes much more than just the ability to have children. You can start parties, take people on dates, and much more. Hope I didn't sound rude, this is just my opinion.

Re: Tattoo bump theory [message #46121 is a reply to message #45809] Tue, 07 October 2008 17:37 Go to previous message

Hey, I got the scars made, I just need help putting them into the game with FE.

Also for our semi-dead off topic discussion. It was announced on X-play tonight that Fable 2 will feature a patch via Xbox LIVE containing cooperative play not too long after the release date. Go ahead and give your sigh of relief.

[Updated on: Tue, 07 October 2008 17:38]

Previous Topic: Ruinic Armor
Next Topic: Balverine Retexture Problem?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 03:36:30 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01838 seconds