Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tutorials » [Scripting] [Tools] CBox User Guide
[Scripting] [Tools] CBox User Guide [message #46037] Sun, 05 October 2008 12:05 Go to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

Introduction

This is a guide to teach you how to use Chocolate Box's many features, and how to do various things with CBox. If you do not have CBox (Chocolate Box) then here is a link.

Pre-Notes

You do NOT need to have installed freeroam in order to use CBox, because CBox will automatically detect this, and fix it if necessary.

Spawning

The first thing you need to do is open the world editor with CBox and choose a map to edit. (Editors>>Region Editor)

Spawning in General

When you spawn almost anything, you first need to go to Things>>New, then type the name of what you want, or part of it, and click search.

If you type CHEST then you will get several chest objects. If you type STATUE you'll get a lot of statues.

For this tutorial, let's open up lookout point. Spawn OBJECT_GUILD_STATUE_01, and to place you need to click somewhere on the map. It will automatically be placed on whatever object/piece of ground that you click on. Great, you have now placed a statue in the game!

"Woah runes, it's not in the right spot, it's a little too far to the left!" Click on the statue, and you'll see three arrows appear. These arrows tell you what direction you'll move the object. Move it a little to the side, by clicking and dragging on the green or red arrows. You can move it up or down with the blue arrow.

"But Mr. Rune, it's not facing the right way!" No worries, just figure out which way you need to rotate it, then right-click and hold on one of the arrows, then drag to rotate. The arrows act like a pole that the object spins around.

"Hey runezman, I want a whole bunch of the same thing, but I don't want to keep doing that over and over again, what do I do?" If you hold control, and move the object, it makes a clone of that object. Similarly, if you hold control and click on other objects, it selects those other objects, and if you hold control and move a lot of objects at once, all of them are cloned.

"Rune, I'm loving this so far, it's so much better than AE (thanks Baystone!), but what if I want to set something on top of another object without all the trouble of trying over and over again to get it just right?" Hold alt, and when you move your object up or down it will stop when it hits another object. Try putting a box over another box, then holding alt and moving the top box down over the lower box. It should stop when it hits the other box.

Object Properties

"Hold on Mr. Rune, what if I want my statue to be gigantic, and it's really small?" In this case, all you need to do is select the object you need bigger or smaller, and on the left where you see ObjectScale, (usually 1.00000), change it to a different number. Set it to 2, and it's twice as big. Set it to 0.5, and it's half the size. Set it to 9999 and it's really huge, set it to 0.00001 and it's really small.

If you've spawned a chest, you're probably wondering how on earth you're supposed to put stuff in it, right? Not to worry, it's fairly easy. Just click on your chest, click on the + next to CTCChest, and click "add". Then click the + that appears, and either type the name of the object, or click the three dots to search for an object. A similar technique is used for adding items to barrels, but I think you can figure that out.

The Object Builder

"Alright morerunes, I can spawn items now, but what if I want to make a new object. What's the easiest way to make a new object?" Well, that would be a job for the Object Builder. Go to Editors>>Object Builder, and choose your template. If you're making a new weapon, choose OBJECT as your definition type, and a similar weapon as your template (the list is sorted alphabetically, and if you want to jump to a certain object, just start typing in while having that box selected). Next, decide what you are going to clone, and what you are just going to use the original of. If I don't want to change damage, but I want a new name for it, then I would leave CWeaponDef checked, and CInventoryItemDef unchecked. If you want a new mesh, make sure OBJECT.ModelID is unchecked, but if you want to use the old mesh then leave it checked. Next, check CDef Name Override, and type in the name of your object at the bottom. If it's a purple dragon sword, you'd type PURPLE_DRAGON, if it's a demon chicken, you'd type DEMON_CHICKEN. Then all you do is click create, wait for a pop-up message, then click the close button, then you can go find the new entries and edit them.

Well, that's all for now folks, tell me what you think, and if this helps you out.

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"

[Updated on: Wed, 13 April 2011 17:34]

Report message to a moderator

Re: morerunes' CBox User Guide [message #46043 is a reply to message #46037] Sun, 05 October 2008 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous Coward
Thats Where Im Talking About !
Im gonna Use it in my guide if you agree Razz
Re: morerunes' CBox User Guide [message #46046 is a reply to message #46043] Sun, 05 October 2008 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Thanks ^_^

nah, this is going to go into the How to Mod Fable tutorial, just link to that instead

http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=4483& ;amp ;start=0&

[Updated on: Sun, 05 October 2008 20:39]

Re: morerunes' CBox User Guide [message #46074 is a reply to message #46046] Mon, 06 October 2008 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous Coward
ok Smile
Re: morerunes' CBox User Guide [message #46828 is a reply to message #46074] Fri, 31 October 2008 15:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

of course, and thanks for the sticky recommendation ^_^

Re: morerunes' CBox User Guide [message #47416 is a reply to message #46037] Thu, 20 November 2008 21:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mady is currently offline  Mady
Could you or someone else post a link to dl cbox? Cause this one is invalid..

Tks.
Re: morerunes' CBox User Guide [message #47417 is a reply to message #47416] Thu, 20 November 2008 21:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Try it now.
Re: morerunes' CBox User Guide [message #47450 is a reply to message #46037] Fri, 21 November 2008 21:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mady is currently offline  Mady
Better. tks.

But something is not clear.
What are the differences betwen albionexplorer and cbox?
They both let us mod fable tlc ok. What else?
I will try both, use one is more easier than use the other?
Can we do more mods with one of them?

[Updated on: Fri, 21 November 2008 23:08]

Re: morerunes' CBox User Guide [message #47491 is a reply to message #46037] Sat, 22 November 2008 17:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Delibirate is currently offline  Delibirate

Clicked on "Things", Searched for CHEST, picked OBJECT_CHEST_OPENABLE, placed the chest on look out point, I double clicked the chest, clicked on the + at CTCChest, clicked add, clicked [...], searched for OBJECT_HERO_BLINDFOLD, got one result which is OBJECT_HERO_BLINDFOLD, clicked okay, saved the region and started fable. got on the game and didn't work, what exactly am I doing wrong?

Re: morerunes' CBox User Guide [message #47519 is a reply to message #46037] Sun, 23 November 2008 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Noctus is currently offline  Noctus

Administrator

Deliberate, try putting something not modded in the chest. It's what i do.

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9540/helpmeaaa.jpg
Re: morerunes' CBox User Guide [message #47539 is a reply to message #47519] Sun, 23 November 2008 19:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Yeah I've tried it it works but it seems pretty useless spawning items that I can get without moding, the whole reason I wanna learn spawning is to spawn items that are custom.

Re: morerunes' CBox User Guide [message #47540 is a reply to message #47539] Sun, 23 November 2008 20:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Delibirate wrote on Sun, 23 November 2008 21:49

Yeah I've tried it it works but it seems pretty useless spawning items that I can get without moding, the whole reason I wanna learn spawning is to spawn items that are custom.
You're missing the point. Neutral
If the chest script works, and you can successfully spawn existing items, but not customized items, the problem is the customized item and has nothing to do with the chest.
Re: morerunes' CBox User Guide [message #47552 is a reply to message #47540] Mon, 24 November 2008 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

yeah but nobody had any problems with the item ( http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=29242& amp;&srch=blindfold#msg_29242) so I'm thinking I'm the one doing something wrong

Re: morerunes' CBox User Guide [message #47555 is a reply to message #46037] Mon, 24 November 2008 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Noctus is currently offline  Noctus

Administrator

Thankyou Mr. Rune. This helped me a bunch with my mod package Smile

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9540/helpmeaaa.jpg
Re: morerunes' CBox User Guide [message #47700 is a reply to message #47555] Tue, 02 December 2008 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

no problem Smile

Re: morerunes' CBox User Guide [message #48706 is a reply to message #46037] Tue, 20 January 2009 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stuge is currently offline  Stuge
Hey, um.. I feel so stubid asking this but how can you delete object you dont want in the area, first you accidentally copy or make one you dont want or if you try something you dont like, how do you take the object from the area? And about making objects.. i don't quite get that after you rename.. where should i go to edit the look of new object? Oh, and one more thing.. When you apply something to ground where is lots of hills etc. for example big building, how can you make it stay still i first tried for good spot and then started game and it changed its position.. can it even be changed? i quess i cant make picnic area my private manor by applying bowerstone north manor there then Rolling Eyes

[Updated on: Tue, 20 January 2009 12:04]

Re: morerunes' CBox User Guide [message #51242 is a reply to message #46037] Tue, 12 May 2009 11:52 Go to previous message
NEOCHIKEN is currently offline  NEOCHIKEN
script error most likely,
either you input one of the items incorrectly, or one of the items you are trying to spawn is corrupted, or you accidently messed up some other part of the script
that or you did it on purpose in which case i would suggest psychiatric help

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/2309/cloudstrifesigle5.png
Previous Topic: High Res Custom tattoo (uses FE)
Next Topic: [Graphics] Modelling Video Tutorials
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 02:10:27 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01192 seconds