Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Work In Progress » Raiders
Raiders [message #42229] Tue, 10 June 2008 22:05 Go to next message
Silverback is currently offline  Silverback

Cow Tipper
Some time ago I made a joke account in tribute to my favorite member of these boards. Post here is the basic idea behind this. The goal was to first make a quest from an existing quest. Then once it was 100% add a code segment that would call between the Fisticuffs and the Raiders script. This didn't happen, I don't have time to make it happen either.

I've attached my files that I've last built an outline on how to do this. I did not add the strings to the exe correctly, so only the Bandit King appears. Thunder, Briar, and White Balverine do not. The Guards who raid the Bandit Camp only are enemies to you and the not the resident bandits but that should be an easy fix. You can swap out the addresses that I've linked to have the Champion to show up and be playable. You can do this by changing address to existing address and not something I've added. The health was my single reason for creating new entries for the new champions. Another bug is that if you allow a guard to kill a fighter while you are fighting him you do not win the fight and the guage will never disappear. If the guard injures him enough for you to win the fight it is fine. An idea behind this was to raise the minimum health a bit more than I had. You'll notice those who raid the village are also not the ones you will always fight, this is because I needed the raiders to live through sword attacks, guards can kill some of these very easily. If you fight them bare-fisted you probably would die.

In my files is a ppf you must apply to your Fable.exe (this must be the unpacked version), the nocd version is fine for this. (Hint google Fable nocd to find it). Tngs overwrite existing ones, Script_Def is applied over Script_Def in your Script.Bin file. Fmp is applied through Fable Explorer. The bandits attack in the morning and only hang around for a little bit.

If you play with the TNGs note that Creature Files that exist for the Fisticuffs are only called if you visit the area after the designated time has past for the Raiders to be there. Translation: If Raiders attack at 8 a.m. and you show up at 8:01 a.m. the Creature files in Fisticuff script will load. If you are in the area when it is time for them to raid the markers are used.

I had two videos of various playing around here and here

This was merely a concept idea if you wish to try to continue this I should warn this isn't a project for those weak at heart.
Re: Raiders [message #46220 is a reply to message #42229] Sat, 11 October 2008 22:58 Go to previous message
chaos is currently offline  chaos
I'm willing to help with this, because I wanted it as a part of hero's journey.

Bandit camp should be raided town guards yeah? (edit - didn't read the post thoroughly, thought that hadn't been done)

I'll post any work I do.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r124/korgoth-of-barbaria/chaos-1.jpg

[Updated on: Fri, 17 October 2008 23:41]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Fable: Worldly
Next Topic: Fable: The Lost Pages - Screenshots
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:49:27 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00977 seconds