Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » I must be mentally disabled.
I must be mentally disabled. [message #47437] Fri, 21 November 2008 18:20 Go to next message
Gllen Nadix is currently offline  Gllen Nadix
I know that I have seen some reference to a mod of BlueTooth's Thunder Armor without shoulder pads. I cannot find it. I have tried searches, checked all logical locations in the thread listings, and have even looked on the wiki, to see if there was anything related to it there. Does anyone know where I could find this mod?

Most people fear death, but not I.
No, what I fear most is living forever.
Re: I must be mentally disabled. [message #47439 is a reply to message #47437] Fri, 21 November 2008 19:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=934& start=0&

That's the suit you're referring to, just without the shoulder pads, correct?

I can't find anything on it either, and I don't recall any thread with mention of it, but it wouldn't be terribly hard to just re-tex it (you may have to mess with clipping prevention)

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: I must be mentally disabled. [message #47440 is a reply to message #47437] Fri, 21 November 2008 19:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, that is the suit, but there is a version of that without shoulder pads, and a version of the platinum suit without shoulder pads along with it. I cannot seem to find them, hard as I try.

Re: I must be mentally disabled. [message #47444 is a reply to message #47437] Fri, 21 November 2008 19:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Gllen Nadix wrote on Fri, 21 November 2008 20:20

I know that I have seen some reference to a mod of BlueTooth's Thunder Armor without shoulder pads.
You might have, I made one.
I looked for the thread but couldn't find it. Confused
It wouldn't be terribly hard to remake though, all I did was remove the shoulder frame from the mesh in a text editor, I'm sure Keshire did the same to achieve his shoulderless plate armor.
Re: I must be mentally disabled. [message #47448 is a reply to message #47437] Fri, 21 November 2008 20:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So, what exactly would that entail?
If it is as easy as you make it sound, I'll just do it myself, but I am not quite sure of the process.

[Updated on: Fri, 21 November 2008 20:09]

Report message to a moderator

Re: I must be mentally disabled. [message #47716 is a reply to message #47448] Tue, 02 December 2008 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NEOCHIKEN is currently offline  NEOCHIKEN
just take the texture in photoshop and select the "pad" part of the texture via the selection tools and delete it and then save the new "pads" texture and load it in FE or Cbox making sure to load it as a dxt3 and make sure you set alpha to one

THEN go to the mesh of the armor and set the alpha of the pads section or whatever to 1

then after all this is done your pads should be invisible

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/2309/cloudstrifesigle5.png
Re: I must be mentally disabled. [message #47720 is a reply to message #47716] Tue, 02 December 2008 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
That's not the way I'd do it, and I recommend against it.

morerunes did an informative post that describes for the most part what a frame was. The shoulder pieces have their own frame (called shoulder). Removing the entire frame from the model, reimporting back into FE (all LODs), then assigning the chest piece texture is the proper way to make this edit.

After exporting the model, open it in notepad and find the following:
Frame shoulder-pad {
 FrameTransformMatrix {
 }
 Mesh {
  MeshNormals {
  }
  MeshTextureCoords {
  }
  MeshMaterialList {
   Material {
    TextureFilename {
    }
   }
  }
  XSkinMeshHeader {
  }
  SkinWeights {
  }
 }
}
And get rid of it. Note that it won't look anything like mine, it's going to have a whole bunch of numbers between the brackets, and anywhere from two to three SkinWeights pieces. Be careful to not get rid of anything else, just the shoulder frame.

Again, I'm certain that this is how Keshire did it with his.
Re: I must be mentally disabled. [message #47741 is a reply to message #47720] Wed, 03 December 2008 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NEOCHIKEN is currently offline  NEOCHIKEN
I am only good with photoshop so I don't mess with that kind of stuff

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/2309/cloudstrifesigle5.png
Re: I must be mentally disabled. [message #47752 is a reply to message #47741] Wed, 03 December 2008 15:18 Go to previous message

Retired
This doesn't require any skill whatsoever. Just finding a block of text and deleting it. Neutral
Previous Topic: Help Locating the Oakvale General Store (fable explorer)
Next Topic: conflict with mods
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 00:09:52 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00955 seconds