Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » How do I add landscape?
How do I add landscape? [message #47907] Fri, 12 December 2008 17:01 Go to next message
Delibirate is currently offline  Delibirate

I wanna make my creature hub bigger, I tried pasting the oakvale tng into the creature hub tng but it just added the building but no ground :\

Re: How do I add landscape? [message #47910 is a reply to message #47907] Fri, 12 December 2008 19:08 Go to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
The tng only has level scripts, and has nothing to do with anything else.

The lev controls how big the map is. First, find the width and length of the map at offsets 0x26 and 0x2A respectively. (Width+1)(Length+1) cells in the heightmap, and each cell is given a value for height. The value for height is a float that must be multiplied by 2048 to get the actual value of height (crazy).

But, even though it is possible to extend a map and change height and all that good stuff, it wouldn't help you. It wouldn't look bigger. The landscape meshes and such are in a different file that we don't know enough about to do such things with.

Some pictures of stuff Silverback's done with it.

So, for your question "how do I add landscape?", the answer is that you don't.

What I was doing some time ago was making new "fake" landscape models, setting the heightmap above the actual landscape mesh, throwing my landscape model in there as an OBJECT, and later morerunes came up with the idea to give it collision, making the heightmap something to leave alone. I never did much testing with this to see how it would work out, but the theory is that it would work, suck up ram, lag the game heavily, and the crashes that may happen would be because of lack of resources.
Previous Topic: Will Master Elixer Problem?
Next Topic: Skorm's Bow texture entry
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 12:52:38 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01661 seconds