Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Requests » Demon/Angel Wings
Demon/Angel Wings [message #44970] Tue, 19 August 2008 15:59 Go to next message
Lord Mason is currently offline  Lord Mason

Hey could someone who knows how to use blender/3ds Max or other program make some clothing with either demon or angel wings attached? That'd be pretty sick if you could pull it off.

Hmm... Death Magnetic or Black Ice? So hard to choose.
Re: Demon/Angel Wings [message #46278 is a reply to message #44970] Wed, 15 October 2008 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Noctus is currently offline  Noctus

Administrator

Send a PM to a good modder. All they'd need to do is open the mesh of the one you want demon/angel wings on and stick in on using GIMP.

Or to the hero mesh.

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9540/helpmeaaa.jpg
Re: Demon/Angel Wings [message #46279 is a reply to message #46278] Wed, 15 October 2008 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
First off...
DarkenedSoul wrote on Wed, 15 October 2008 16:44

Send a PM to a good modder.
NO.
DarkenedSoul wrote on Wed, 15 October 2008 16:44

All they'd need to do is open the mesh of the one you want demon/angel wings on and stick in on using GIMP.

Or to the hero mesh.
He's not talking retexture, he's talking new model. And I'm already working on it.
And a really outdated video: Here.

Still working out the bugs, and there's a lot of them. For example, in-game, Hero animations work fine, but flap the wings and they fall off (no, really).
Still working on a model that I like, any of the nymph wings look too flamboyant, the dragon wings just don't look right, I've made angelic wings, still toying around with those, made some demonic wings, still toying around with those as well, pretty much the model is still in the conceptual stage.
Still working on whether to make it a clothing item or if I want to make a new creature with the wings, having the Hero transform into it, was thinking about making it so that in the end, if you decide to wear the mask, you transform into the creature with demonic wings; if you toss the mask, you get the angelic wings, could also make it so that you get a torso armor with wings instead of transforming.
Still working on a lot of stuff. In the meantime, I'd like it if only those with even a smidget of knowledge on the subject would mention wings.

Also, stop resurrecting dead request threads.
Re: Demon/Angel Wings [message #46309 is a reply to message #46279] Thu, 16 October 2008 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Noctus is currently offline  Noctus

Administrator

JohnDoe wrote on Wed, 15 October 2008 15:01

NO.

Point taken.

Quote:

Also, stop resurrecting dead request threads.

2nd point taken. Sorry.

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9540/helpmeaaa.jpg
Re: Demon/Angel Wings [message #47904 is a reply to message #46309] Fri, 12 December 2008 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NEOCHIKEN is currently offline  NEOCHIKEN
sorry for res but John, why is the fable guy flicking us all off?

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/2309/cloudstrifesigle5.png
Re: Demon/Angel Wings [message #47905 is a reply to message #44970] Fri, 12 December 2008 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
driftking7050 is currently offline  driftking7050
i believe it was an animation test in order to see how the wings would move and solve any clipping issues

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j99/theking_7050/Rytir.jpg
Re: Demon/Angel Wings [message #47909 is a reply to message #47904] Fri, 12 December 2008 18:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Yes, that's exactly what it was. It seemed like a good test to me.
The test showed that the wings move work in sync to the torso the way I had everything set up, so I could attach them to any chest armor piece without worrying about clipping. Unfortunately, in-game those wings wouldn't stay on the Hero when using a wing animation. Hero animations would work fine though.

It's been a long time since I've done anything with this. On that note, someone recently sent me a PM regarding this project.
Bachoxdia wrote on Tue, 09 December 2008 17:35

Hello JohnDoe!

I'm new at forum, yet I've played Fable TLC for a long while.
I've been looking at some post, and I read a request for wings, which caught my attention, and you told that you were working on it.

If it's not a problem, could you tell me how it's going, if you're gonna to complete it soon, things like that.

I thank you in advance. I'll be waiting for your answer.

Yours faithfully, Bachoxdia.
I thought it was already well known that I am no longer working on any of my projects. Perhaps I'm bipolar or something, because I've started so many projects, some with excellent starts and progress, but I just lack the motivation to finish any of them.

Unless something peaks my interest again, I am afraid that none of my projects will ever be finished.
Re: Demon/Angel Wings [message #47953 is a reply to message #47909] Mon, 15 December 2008 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NEOCHIKEN is currently offline  NEOCHIKEN
now to peak your interest

you could make the wings launch pancakes.

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/2309/cloudstrifesigle5.png
Re: Demon/Angel Wings [message #47959 is a reply to message #47953] Mon, 15 December 2008 12:22 Go to previous message

Retired
NEOCHIKEN wrote on Mon, 15 December 2008 13:50

now to peak your interest

you could make the wings launch pancakes.
Except that does not excite me in the least. It makes me want to do the project even less because I question myself as to why I would do it and who I would do it for, usually concluding to asking myself why bother, a question to which I am yet to find an answer.
Previous Topic: Need Fable TLC SaveGame Editor...
Next Topic: [Request] An Empty Chest
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 04:11:40 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01071 seconds