Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Site » General Discussion » Weapon title change
Weapon title change [message #48211] Tue, 30 December 2008 14:41 Go to next message
Hælæif is currently offline  Hælæif
I am currently doing something which is simple enough; making a new weapon, changing its damage and adding augmentations.

Of those things I all ready learned to do by searching through the site. I made a new object entry, a new CObjectAugmentationsDef entry, and a new CInventoryItemDef entry.

But, when i tried to change the name and description of my new weapon in the CInventoryDef of the new weapon it turns out that the TEXT_TITLE and TEXT_DESCRIPTION of my new weapon is still the one of the old weapon, so when I changed the name it changed the name of the old weapon.

"Short Version I cant find what the type is for the TEXT_TILE and the TEXT_DESCRIPTION or find it in game.bin "

So if could give any advice it would be greatly appreciated
Re: Weapon title change [message #48213 is a reply to message #48211] Tue, 30 December 2008 16:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Noctus is currently offline  Noctus

Administrator

I'll help you out.

MAKING NEW TITLES/DESCRIPTIONS:
Changing them:
1. Choose the weapon in OBJECTS in game.bin, double click to make a new window pop up.
2. Press the plus next to OBJECT and click CDefs
3. Scroll down to CInventoryItemDef. Click the first blue link in the box.
4. In the new window, click the plus CInventoryItemDef.
5. The second one down is the entry for the title and the third one is the description. Click the link in each one and it will bring up the text.
6. Edit how you like. Apply changes. Save mods run fable.

Making them:
1. In the top left box, click text.big
2. Click the plus next to text_english_main
3. Double click one of them. Lets say, TEXT_NAME_16
4. Press the button Extract in the new window. Save it. The name isn't important.
5. Now right click TEXT_ENGLISH_MAIN and click New Entry. ut in the name TEXT_whateveryouwant. No spaces though. And in type, keep it as 0. Click ok.
6. You'll see your TEXT_whateveryouwant at the bottom of TEXT_ENGLISH_MAIN. When you double click it, an error will come up. Just press ok.
7. In the new window, press Import in the box Entry Data.
8. Load the file you made in step 4.
9. Make the identifier the same name as TEXT_whateveryouwant.
10. Now apply it to your weapons CInventoryItemDef

If you want it simplified slightly, i'll be glad to help out.

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9540/helpmeaaa.jpg

[Updated on: Tue, 30 December 2008 16:15]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Weapon title change [message #48245 is a reply to message #48213] Wed, 31 December 2008 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hælæif is currently offline  Hælæif
Thanks man that was great. i finally had a chance to try it, and its works thanks again
Re: Weapon title change [message #48246 is a reply to message #48245] Wed, 31 December 2008 14:28 Go to previous message
Noctus is currently offline  Noctus

Administrator

Hælæif wrote on Wed, 31 December 2008 14:28

Thanks man that was great. i finally had a chance to try it, and its works thanks again

Glad i could help Smile

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9540/helpmeaaa.jpg
Previous Topic: Creating an "Immortal Child" Mod Help Please
Next Topic: Help with Draw Power
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:20:44 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01155 seconds