Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Level Scripting » Few questions about cbox
Few questions about cbox [message #48752] Thu, 22 January 2009 08:53 Go to next message
Stuge is currently offline  Stuge
Please tell if there is already topic for these questions, i didint find any by search. So, firt of all.. how can you remove all crap from area, not those you can remove by cbox, i mean like trees etc. wich does not show on cbox screen while scripting area. And how can you change the surface of area, like put grass to spot where is not. Oh and one more thing.. When i add house to area, it most likely isint staying straight if the surface aint straight, and the weeds come throught the floor, and i cant see the floor of downstairs or upstairs, so i am unable to add any decoration.

All info appreciated. Thanks.

[Updated on: Thu, 22 January 2009 09:04]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Few questions about cbox [message #48753 is a reply to message #48752] Thu, 22 January 2009 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Noctus is currently offline  Noctus

Administrator

1. Search for a scripted trader.
2. Trees cannot be removed since they're build into the WLD.
3. You can't change the surface area.
4. Can't help with that one, sorry Confused

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9540/helpmeaaa.jpg
Re: Few questions about cbox [message #48754 is a reply to message #48753] Thu, 22 January 2009 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for fast reply. Yeah found help for scripted trader, thanks.
Re: Few questions about cbox [message #48755 is a reply to message #48752] Thu, 22 January 2009 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Stuge wrote on Thu, 22 January 2009 10:53

how can you remove all crap from area, not those you can remove by cbox, i mean like trees etc. wich does not show on cbox screen while scripting area.
See bottom of post.

And how can you change the surface of area, like put grass to spot where is not.
You can make an OBJECT entry that uses the grass mesh, then place it on the map like you would any other item.

When i add house to area, it most likely isint staying straight if the surface aint straight, and the weeds come throught the floor, and i cant see the floor of downstairs or upstairs, so i am unable to add any decoration.
In the house meshes, and in the meshes of some other buildings, specifically those with exterior/interior, only the exterior or interior is shown in CBox. This mesh will be the one assigned in the OBJECT entry. It will have a CDef, CMultiStaticMeshDef, that gives it the other mesh in the game. An example of this would be the bordello. Only the exterior is shown in CBox, but the interior is assigned to it in the previously mentioned CDef.

There is a similar problem with certain meshes that have helpers that create or "spawn" other meshes in addition to it in the game, but only the first shows up in CBox. An example of this is the fresco dome. The dome is actually six meshes, the first spawns the other five in the game, but only the first is shown in CBox.

I'll have to make a suggestion about this to BayStone later.
DarkenedSoul wrote on Thu, 22 January 2009 10:58

1. Search for a scripted trader.
Forgive me, but I fail to see what he asked for that he would need this. Confused
DarkenedSoul wrote on Thu, 22 January 2009 10:58

2. Trees cannot be removed since they're build into the WLD.
STB. As it hasn't been entirely figured out, no current app supports viewing/editing it. Trees can be removed though, in a manner of speaking. You can switch out the tree meshes with blanks, or you can assign alpha textures to the tree meshes. You can also edit which meshes are used by editing the STB itself, but I wouldn't recommend this course.
Re: Few questions about cbox [message #48757 is a reply to message #48755] Thu, 22 January 2009 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah.. Thanks! and about that scripted trader, it was originally in my first post but i removed it since it can be found by search wich i didint notice first.
Re: Few questions about cbox [message #48758 is a reply to message #48757] Thu, 22 January 2009 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Stuge wrote on Thu, 22 January 2009 11:36

Yeah.. Thanks! and about that scripted trader, it was originally in my first post but i removed it since it can be found by search wich i didint notice first.
Ah, okay, thanks for the explanation.

Also, what I mentioned earlier about making an OBJECT entry and assigning it the grass model, this is what I'm talking about. Marcopolo used trees, flowers, and other fruity stuff, but it can be done with grass as well.

Other pictures of interest (scattered about, gathered for your convenience):
Field 1
Field 2
Grass 1
Grass 2
Grass 3
Grass 4

Marcopolo was the king of tng edits. I miss him now. Crying or Very Sad
Re: Few questions about cbox [message #48763 is a reply to message #48758] Thu, 22 January 2009 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks! Smile That made it much more clear, thanks for fast replys and info.

Your post also made me feel bad. There is such awesome scripts but macropolo is gone.. right? i want him back Sad

[Updated on: Thu, 22 January 2009 11:09]

Re: Few questions about cbox [message #48789 is a reply to message #48755] Fri, 23 January 2009 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can only find dry grass and sneaking grass also grassblades but i want that ground_grass_green wich cant be found while searching the model mayby because it starts with Mesh_?

[Updated on: Fri, 23 January 2009 08:22]

Re: Few questions about cbox [message #48790 is a reply to message #48789] Fri, 23 January 2009 07:59 Go to previous message

Retired
The grass model already exists. Just duplicate an existing OBJECT entry, preferably one for decoration or some such. For example, there's the northern wastes galleon. Rename the OBJECT entry for it, make an fmp of it, restart FE, load the fmp, you will have a new OBJECT entry. Open it, scroll to the bottom, there will be a value for which mesh is used. Change it to that of the grass model.
Previous Topic: Mod Chest problems
Next Topic: Boss battle Music
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 04:55:56 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00932 seconds