Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » effects
effects [message #48866] Thu, 29 January 2009 18:38 Go to next message
JoB killa is currently offline  JoB killa
hey well i'm going to be trying to get agument effects to be added into armour

well i will try so you people who say its impossible its not nothing is impossible becuz it was made to not be easy

its like making a game it takes time and skills and you will learn from others if you read and try new things

but anyways i will be trying if you have any ideas

reply them
Re: effects [message #48867 is a reply to message #48866] Thu, 29 January 2009 19:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Add the helpers to each of the clothing models:
HDMY_AUG_01
HDMY_AUG_02
HDMY_AUG_03
HDMY_AUG_04

Then give each clothing OBJECT entry the CDef:
CObjectAugmentationsDef
and the component:
CTCObjectAugmentations
Start a new profile and hope to gawd it works, because there's no telling whether or not it will until someone has done it.
You'll most likely have to have it so that the armor has preset augments, since I can't think of any way to invoke the add augments menu for clothing items.
Re: effects [message #48868 is a reply to message #48867] Thu, 29 January 2009 20:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks you will do if it works ill add you for helping me with it =)

there is a way to add augments thru the menu but it would take some time to find where it is on the weapons part

[Updated on: Thu, 29 January 2009 20:14]

Report message to a moderator

Re: effects [message #48869 is a reply to message #48866] Thu, 29 January 2009 20:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok i dont understand how to edit the helper thing i know how to make the cdefs but i dont really mod much if you could walk be thru it. it would make it easier for me
Re: effects [message #48870 is a reply to message #48866] Thu, 29 January 2009 21:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
If you need to ask questions about it, perhaps this isn't a job for you.

There isn't a way that I can think of to add augments to armor in-game through a menu.

Export the clothing models. What I would recommend is not using a modeling package like Blender or 3DS. Take existing helpers, like the focus ones or something, copy the frame for them, rename the helper. Do this for at least helpers 1 and 2, since at least two are needed for it to work.

Be sure you know what you're doing in the CObjectAugmentationsDef. It needs to be just right, or it won't work.

And again, matters like this one are pretty much considered "if you have to ask, just go play with something else and leave everyone else alone". I won't be walking you through it. Read. Learn. Use trial and error and common sense and figure it out like the rest of us.
Re: effects [message #48906 is a reply to message #48870] Sun, 01 February 2009 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok k thanks ill be learning on how to edit helpers
Re: effects [message #48931 is a reply to message #48906] Mon, 02 February 2009 18:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok i got it but where do i put the helpers?
Re: effects [message #48935 is a reply to message #48931] Mon, 02 February 2009 20:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
You put them where ever you want the augment effects. Make sure the rotation is right too.

Or if you mean the text itself, alongside the helper you copied.
Re: effects [message #48936 is a reply to message #48935] Mon, 02 February 2009 20:54 Go to previous message
ok thank you for your help ill be working on it
Previous Topic: Question
Next Topic: Experience Orb
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 06:56:05 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00933 seconds