Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Requests » Dialogue.LUT files
Dialogue.LUT files [message #19589] Fri, 01 June 2007 17:04 Go to next message
bull_anthony is currently offline  bull_anthony
Hey Folks,

New to the Forums here. Name's Zuckerman on the Lionhead boards.

I've done a bunch of reading on these forums which have helped me to extract the .LUG and .MET files but the .LUT files are being little S.O.B.s. I'm entering a The Movies film into the Fable/The Movies Comp and desperately need to get the "chicken chaser" audios from the dialogue.LUT file. How oh how can I do this? The FableSoundParser doesn't seem to work for this.

I've been looking all over the internet today for .Lut extractors or readers and whatnot... I just can't find anything.
Anyone?

Bull
aka Zuckerman

Re: Dialogue.LUT files [message #19590 is a reply to message #19589] Fri, 01 June 2007 17:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bull_anthony is currently offline  bull_anthony
nevermind. found the tool! like, 1 minute after i wrote this. damn there's a lot of files. Whoo! Go, baby, go!
Re: Dialogue.LUT files [message #21740 is a reply to message #19590] Thu, 12 July 2007 19:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
corestrength420 is currently offline  corestrength420
where,... what tool please Shocked ...I'm not entering any contest but would like to edit .LUT files as well.

[Updated on: Thu, 12 July 2007 20:10]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Dialogue.LUT files [message #48148 is a reply to message #19589] Sun, 28 December 2008 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shard is currently offline  Shard
Is there really a tool to extract the lut files? I've been searching for while now and didn't find a single one.

I've read the lut file description on the wiki, but I'm a bad programmer.
How difficult would it be to write a programm, that can extract the dialogue? Maybe I can ask a friend to do it.
Re: Dialogue.LUT files [message #48154 is a reply to message #48148] Mon, 29 December 2008 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

We have a section on this forum called tools.
There is a small chance you'll find your tool there I guess.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.
icon14.gif  Re: Dialogue.LUT files [message #50354 is a reply to message #19589] Thu, 26 March 2009 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SamuraiSkye is currently offline  SamuraiSkye
I too was seeking a way to read lut files from Fable.

I found a program that is able to do this, *sortof*. It doesnt extract any names or any way of identifying each file so you have to listen to them one by one to find whatever.

Dragon Unpacker 5
http://www.elberethzone.net/lang-en/dup-description.html

Instructions:
1. Open the program
2. Goto the file menu and choose HyperRipper
3. Go to the Formats tab in the new window and make sure WAVE is enabled. Or just enable them all, thats what i did.
4. Go to the search tab and select your lut file of choice using the "..." button.
5. Make sure create hyperripper file (HRF) is checked, and make sure you note where the hrf file is going from the text box below.
6. Click search. The program scans the lut file for any files it recognizes and when its complete click ok.
7. Look through 10000 numbered soundfiles. If you need to reopen the file later without scanning it again, just open the HRF file you noted the location of earlier.
8. Have fun with looking through 10000 numbered sound files for 9 hours, hehe.

I really hope this helps someone. I wish I could extract the names from the file as well, but whatever.

By the way if anyone finds out what file and numbers the guild master nag voices are at, please let me know.
Re: Dialogue.LUT files [message #50355 is a reply to message #50354] Thu, 26 March 2009 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

As I stated above, we have a subforum called tools, where you can find this.

All the wave's are in XBox ADPCM format. If you dont have it, you can find it on xbox scene with a little searching.

this is not an exit.
Re: Dialogue.LUT files [message #50366 is a reply to message #19589] Fri, 27 March 2009 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had already found that tool here and couldn't figure out how to use it to extract the *.lut files. Would you be so kind as to tell me the procedure?
Re: Dialogue.LUT files [message #50367 is a reply to message #50366] Fri, 27 March 2009 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

You got me there Wink
Never did, so I'll have to look that up...

this is not an exit.
Re: Dialogue.LUT files [message #50369 is a reply to message #50367] Fri, 27 March 2009 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you find a way to extract the *.lut files without losing all the labeling (if there is any) let me know please. So far all I could figure out was what i did in the instructions i gave above. Maybe someone else can figure out how to do it the right way, hehe.
Re: Dialogue.LUT files [message #50771 is a reply to message #50369] Sat, 18 April 2009 13:02 Go to previous message
Silverback is currently offline  Silverback

Cow Tipper
Mild bump Very Happy

That tool extracts .Luts. The labeling you are referring to, doesn't work like that. They are paired with Text.big entries. Lionhead adds a "SND_" prefix to the Text.Big entry name and does a CRC of that string. That 32-bit value is then placed/retrieved into a file (one of the other bins). The value is placed in ascending order based on value. That way, they can do a Binary Search on the file and retrieve it relatively quickly (O(log n)). Once the value is found it is paired with a 32 bit ID value that exists right next to the key value. It then uses the Text.Big entry once more to specify what file it exists in. It then goes through that file's table and matches ID's together and a offset is produced.

That is the procedure you'll need to do if you wish dump all the sounds with names. If you just want the sounds all dumped, there are tools that specifically rip information based on RIFF header information and will work just fine. The Shadow Net build allows you to dump the values one by one. You have to open the Text.Big entry to see the sound data. That was the only way incorporating sounds into that design made sense to me when I was trying to get it going. Shame it wasn't finished, but that is all there is.
Previous Topic: wishlist...a house and a vault/stash
Next Topic: Dragonis Clan Tattoo
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:13:58 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01305 seconds