Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » New Clothing Work in Progress
New Clothing Work in Progress [message #5211] Fri, 30 December 2005 01:01 Go to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
With model extracting underway and importing soon to come. THought I'd actually start working on something apart from file cracking.

http://img506.imageshack.us/img506/2044/dreadwinghelm2ng.jpg
http://img506.imageshack.us/img506/1743/wardoghelm7kb.jpg

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.

[Updated on: Fri, 30 December 2005 01:02]

Report message to a moderator

Re: New Clothing Work in Progress [message #5212 is a reply to message #5211] Fri, 30 December 2005 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/4296/scythewip5qt.jpg
http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/6356/mazewip8bk.jpg
http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/8148/thunderwip2yn.jpg

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: New Clothing Work in Progress [message #5213 is a reply to message #5211] Fri, 30 December 2005 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xeronage is currently offline  Xeronage
VERY NICE =), Now if youd design the Guy from the intro too.. id be happy XD
Re: New Clothing Work in Progress [message #5214 is a reply to message #5211] Fri, 30 December 2005 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heinami is currently offline  Heinami

How long did it take you to do this? Because it look's almost like you could have the armor lol

Re: New Clothing Work in Progress [message #5216 is a reply to message #5211] Fri, 30 December 2005 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
slowave is currently offline  slowave
Whoa, awesome! Can you use Sythe's bandana thingy on the hero model, or is that hard wired to his head?
Re: New Clothing Work in Progress [message #5217 is a reply to message #5211] Fri, 30 December 2005 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
Everything was hard wired. I didn't grab a few things (maze's hair). I will eventually though.

These are the bits and pieces ripped off the npc's. Took me half an hour.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: New Clothing Work in Progress [message #5218 is a reply to message #5211] Fri, 30 December 2005 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heinami is currently offline  Heinami

wow really i thought it'd take two...some day you'll have to tell me how to do this cause it'd take me two just to get a little bit of all this...

Re: New Clothing Work in Progress [message #5230 is a reply to message #5218] Sat, 31 December 2005 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
killafablesword is currently offline  killafablesword
hey can you make one of those bandannas on the bandits that cover the mouth nose and chin??

why are girls so cruel? after two years why do the break up?
Re: New Clothing Work in Progress [message #5238 is a reply to message #5211] Sat, 31 December 2005 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LostInGeneral is currently offline  LostInGeneral
You mean like this? Eyebrow ring included Very Happy

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/2664/banditmask6jz.png

ON AN INDEFINITE ABSENCE I know, short notice... sorry everyone.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v324/Dragontoothmoon/newersig.png
Re: New Clothing Work in Progress [message #5244 is a reply to message #5238] Sat, 31 December 2005 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep wow you are a really good modder if you have aol instant messanger you can reach me my screen name is badassanth ant maby you could give me some modding tips an stuff kk bye

[Updated on: Sat, 31 December 2005 02:31]

Re: New Clothing Work in Progress [message #5249 is a reply to message #5211] Sat, 31 December 2005 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I knew you were familiar... at least that temporary ban toned you up a little.

Here's something else I was working on. I saved a render but forgot to save the @#%^ing mesh.

http://img446.imageshack.us/img446/9800/nostrowip1ir.jpg

EDIT: I'd just like to note, in case there was any confusion, everything excluding this here Nostro's set and the bandit mask is Bluetooth's work, not mine.

[Updated on: Sat, 31 December 2005 03:03]

Re: New Clothing Work in Progress [message #5251 is a reply to message #5249] Sat, 31 December 2005 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Silverback is currently offline  Silverback

Cow Tipper
Looking good. I wish I had skill Very Happy
Re: New Clothing Work in Progress [message #5261 is a reply to message #5249] Sat, 31 December 2005 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LostInGeneral wrote on Sat, 31 December 2005 02:59

I knew you were familiar... at least that temporary ban toned you up a little.

Here's something else I was working on. I saved a render but forgot to save the @#%^ing mesh.

http://img446.imageshack.us/img446/9800/nostrowip1ir.jpg

EDIT: I'd just like to note, in case there was any confusion, everything excluding this here Nostro's set and the bandit mask is Bluetooth's work, not mine.

dude how the hell did you know that my last account was anth ??? how did you know it was me??? damnit!

Re: New Clothing Work in Progress [message #5273 is a reply to message #5261] Sun, 01 January 2006 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
never mind i just remembered that my aim screen name has anth in it
man im retarded!

Re: New Clothing Work in Progress [message #5274 is a reply to message #5211] Sun, 01 January 2006 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lobo is currently offline  Lobo
o0o, i have to try that out. i so wanna be a minion!
Re: New Clothing Work in Progress [message #5277 is a reply to message #5274] Sun, 01 January 2006 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lobo wrote on Sun, 01 January 2006 12:01

o0o, i have to try that out. i so wanna be a minion!

o.O

y

Re: New Clothing Work in Progress [message #5286 is a reply to message #5211] Sun, 01 January 2006 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't mean to hijack Bluetooth's thread or nothin', but it's just as easy to put this here.

http://img303.imageshack.us/img303/8457/guildmasterhero6yv.jpg

Guildmaster, hero style. While it looks finished, this particular piece is still a very long way...

[Updated on: Sun, 01 January 2006 14:46]

Re: New Clothing Work in Progress [message #5297 is a reply to message #5211] Sun, 01 January 2006 21:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
Ya I looked at Nostro's stuff. But it just didn't look good enough for me to waste my time on. I do like how you removed the entire facial part fo the helmet instead of just the eye slots. You'll also notice the armor on the actual Nostro differs from the ceremonial items.

As for posting other work in this thread. Have at it.

Makes for good advertising to point at one thread.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: New Clothing Work in Progress [message #5304 is a reply to message #5211] Mon, 02 January 2006 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
UltraPredAlien is currently offline  UltraPredAlien

What about having Jack of Blades Clothing? Or even Twin Blades?

Re: New Clothing Work in Progress [message #5307 is a reply to message #5211] Mon, 02 January 2006 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
Bandit King I'll look into. Jack of Blades I have no interest. His outfit looks too similar to the apprentince. If it's an issue with the mask clipping. Then that can be resolved by resizing the mask itself to an appropriate size for the player. Otherwise a reskin of the apprentice robes would work just as well.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: New Clothing Work in Progress [message #5308 is a reply to message #5211] Mon, 02 January 2006 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Who wants to wear a white and blue hood when your evil and wearing Jacks mask? There good looking cloths not evil.
Jacks cloth are evil just what you want to look like him. Almost everyone wants to look like him.
I say give the people want and you get something bigger back.

[Updated on: Mon, 02 January 2006 02:57]

Re: New Clothing Work in Progress [message #5309 is a reply to message #5211] Mon, 02 January 2006 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
index.php?t=getfile&id=494&private=0

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: New Clothing Work in Progress [message #5310 is a reply to message #5211] Mon, 02 January 2006 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
index.php?t=getfile&id=495&private=0

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: New Clothing Work in Progress [message #5311 is a reply to message #5211] Mon, 02 January 2006 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Sweet

[Updated on: Mon, 02 January 2006 04:58]

Re: New Clothing Work in Progress [message #5320 is a reply to message #5211] Mon, 02 January 2006 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
Last of the conversions I plan on doing. Then back to hacking file formats.index.php?t=getfile&id=496&private=0
  • Attachment: SS_Outfit.jpg
    (Size: 56.05KB, Downloaded 4854 times)

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: New Clothing Work in Progress [message #5321 is a reply to message #5211] Mon, 02 January 2006 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
index.php?t=getfile&id=497&private=0

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: New Clothing Work in Progress [message #5327 is a reply to message #5211] Mon, 02 January 2006 17:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

How did you do this in the first place?

Re: New Clothing Work in Progress [message #5345 is a reply to message #5211] Tue, 03 January 2006 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuvator is currently offline  Illuvator

now it seems that the question is how to get them into the game Smile
Re: New Clothing Work in Progress [message #5346 is a reply to message #5211] Tue, 03 January 2006 16:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xeronage is currently offline  Xeronage
How to do this: Export em and load em up in ur favorite program =) Milkshape, Blender, Max 3D or whatever

The problem is importing since we dont know that much of the *.big format..
Re: New Clothing Work in Progress [message #5348 is a reply to message #5211] Tue, 03 January 2006 16:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No...the BIG archive is possibly the format we know most about (of the proprietary ones, that is) with the exclusion of the TNG.

Hunter implemented an addition to Fable Explorer that allows meshes to be saved into the .X format. The Direct X Developer's Kit (or something similar... I forget the name, but I used to have it) can open it, I believe, but I don't think it can edit it. Hunter also provided a link to a plugin for 3DS Max (and 3DS Max ONLY...and only for the later versions) That means you can't edit it with Milkshape (which is probably for the better, considering the atrocities of Milkshape) or Blender, unless there's a plugin out there for it (I'm not going to deny that there is but I have no idea if there is or not) We can't put them back in at the moment, though. I'm not certain what the actual "main" problem is right now, but I can think of a number of reasons why it wouldn't work, like bone issues, unknown model data, and the fact that that the X has to be converted back into the BBM format. There's some other stuff, too, that's a little more minor but still relevant.

Re: New Clothing Work in Progress [message #5353 is a reply to message #5211] Tue, 03 January 2006 21:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
Exactly. No 1 format supports all the information that a bbm stores. And I don't have time to write a full 3ds plug-in for it. I'll gladly give the specs to anyone wanting to though.

There are .x importers for most versions of 3ds max 4.2+
There's also a .x converter in the xbox xdk I think. You'd have to ask Silver about that one.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: New Clothing Work in Progress [message #5354 is a reply to message #5211] Tue, 03 January 2006 21:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Blue Summoner Armor...

index.php?t=getfile&id=501&private=0

[Updated on: Tue, 03 January 2006 21:39]

Re: New Clothing Work in Progress [message #5356 is a reply to message #5354] Tue, 03 January 2006 21:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
LostInGeneral wrote on Tue, 03 January 2006 23:35

Blue Summoner Armor...

You should make the boots smaller. They look unproportionate. Smile

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: New Clothing Work in Progress [message #5357 is a reply to message #5211] Tue, 03 January 2006 22:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They used to be like, ten times bigger.

And then they were a lot smaller. But the problem then was that they didn't look right in the back. So now they look fine in the back but are way too big in the front... I don't know, he could use some pants, too, but...well, there are none there, so he's just going to go pantsless.

What was I saying?

I forgot.

Re: New Clothing Work in Progress [message #5358 is a reply to message #5357] Tue, 03 January 2006 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
LostInGeneral wrote on Wed, 04 January 2006 00:04

They used to be like, ten times bigger.

And then they were a lot smaller. But the problem then was that they didn't look right in the back. So now they look fine in the back but are way too big in the front... I don't know, he could use some pants, too, but...well, there are none there, so he's just going to go pantsless.

What was I saying?

I forgot.

For the time being you can seperate the gloves, shirt, and boots. And then people can find their own pants. Smile

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: New Clothing Work in Progress [message #5371 is a reply to message #5211] Wed, 04 January 2006 15:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuvator is currently offline  Illuvator

I would be interested in attempting to work on the bbm format, though to write a plugin for 3dsmax i would need to do quite a bit of studying.... i believe my email is enabled, if not pm me and ill send it to ya.
Re: New Clothing Work in Progress [message #5375 is a reply to message #5371] Wed, 04 January 2006 20:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
Illuvator wrote on Wed, 04 January 2006 17:50

I would be interested in attempting to work on the bbm format, though to write a plugin for 3dsmax i would need to do quite a bit of studying.... i believe my email is enabled, if not pm me and ill send it to ya.

If your seriously interested in writing a plug-in then I'll post the bbm file specs that we have currently.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: New Clothing Work in Progress [message #5470 is a reply to message #5212] Sun, 08 January 2006 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marcopolo is currently offline  Marcopolo

WILL SOMENE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT PROGRAM U USE TO DO THE NEW ARMOUR IS IT 3D CAD?

There once was a member of this land,
a humorous posting he planned,
but when he posted,
by mods he was toasted,
and now he has found himself banned.
Re: New Clothing Work in Progress [message #5472 is a reply to message #5470] Mon, 09 January 2006 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

No it's 3ds max. (Or any other program that can view/edit the .x format)
And why are you tapping in capslock?

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.

[Updated on: Mon, 09 January 2006 00:29]

Re: New Clothing Work in Progress [message #5544 is a reply to message #5470] Wed, 11 January 2006 20:51 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Marcopolo is currently offline  Marcopolo

sorry i was wriring in caps lock i had just been modding greatwood lake and i prefer to write in caps in the tng files just so it fits in so i forgot to turn it off

also could u send me a link to a good 3d drawing program my email is enabled Smile

There once was a member of this land,
a humorous posting he planned,
but when he posted,
by mods he was toasted,
and now he has found himself banned.
Previous Topic: Hero aiming animations
Next Topic: BlueTooth's Legendary Objects
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:39:25 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01384 seconds