Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Creating fmps
Creating fmps [message #52700] Sat, 11 July 2009 10:37 Go to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

I have been modding for over a year now, and still have trouble with creating fmps. The instuctions I have seen say to "include ALL of the entries that you changed". I made an fmp that takes away the glow of Physical Shield, I put the SPECIAL_ABILITIES_PHYSICA L_SHIELD_DEF_INSTANCE from the window on the left. This worked for the glow itself, but did not include the cdef changes that take away the flashes when the shield is turned off and on. I tried again to be sure I had made those changes on this game.bin, the flash effects are still there when I use the fmp on a clean game.bin.
How do I get cdef changes into my fmp?

Re: Creating fmps [message #52788 is a reply to message #52700] Wed, 15 July 2009 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

Ok this has been a while, but let me try to explain...

Any CDef is a seperate entry in the game.bin, so you have to include every CDef you've changed in your fmp.

To clarify this; say we make a new weapon, these could be the entries involved:
the main part is the OBJECT entry itself (game.bin -> OBEJCT), this links it all together, then theres the rest
the mesh (graphics.big entry),
the texture (texures.big),
the description (text.big),
the damage (game.bin -> CWeapondef)
the cost and description (game.bin -> CInventoryItemDef)
the augmentations (game.bin -> CObjectAugmentationsDef)

And so on.
All these entries should be made as new ones; don't change any existing entries.

Now all those new entries have to be included in the fmp, or this stuff won't work.
Same goes for your SPECIAL_ABILITIES_PHYSICAL_SHIELD_DEF_INSTANCE.

Don't change an existing CDef, but make a new one -> link the SPECIAL_ABILITIES_PHYSICAL_SHIELD_DEF_INSTANCE to the new entry and include the new CDef in you fmp.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.
Re: Creating fmps [message #52805 is a reply to message #52788] Thu, 16 July 2009 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Thank you. I did not think I understood, but I was able to make an fmp that came out like I wanted. Now I have an fmp of the physical shield with no glow or flashes at the top of the hero when turned off and on.
I deleted the current CSpecialEffectsDef and made a new one with no flashes.

Did I do it right though? I would think that a different fmp where changes were made, and not simply deletions, would be difficult to do that way. To make the fmp I grabbed SPECIAL_ABILITIES_PHYSICA L_SHIELD_DEF, from the box on the left of FE, not an individual cdef. I still dont get how to grab an individual cdef, like CWeaponDef, for instance. I can only grab things in the long window on the left, never anything that opens on the right of FE.

Re: Creating fmps [message #52806 is a reply to message #52805] Thu, 16 July 2009 03:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

All CDefs are in the left panel as well.

You have to make new ones and give them a name, all the original ones don't have names as you can see in the screeny below.
This is one reason to give them a name, since they will be easier to find when creating an fmp, or when you want to change the CDef.
As any other entry, the CDefs have to be dragged to the fmp-making-box.

this is not an exit.
Re: Creating fmps [message #52807 is a reply to message #52806] Thu, 16 July 2009 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Thank you once again. I looked for a def with the name I wanted, but I was looking for SpecialAbilities for Physical Shield. I haven't tried to make a weapon fmp before so I never looked for those defs. I appreciate you taking the time to explain this to me.

Re: Creating fmps [message #52808 is a reply to message #52807] Thu, 16 July 2009 03:27 Go to previous message

Administrator

No problem.

this is not an exit.
Previous Topic: Mods keep killing my game
Next Topic: Spawning chest guide[video]
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:48:49 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01010 seconds