Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » Making sex inaccessable?
Making sex inaccessable? [message #4676] Mon, 21 November 2005 17:16 Go to next message
Psyanide is currently offline  Psyanide
I've been thinking about buying Fable: TLC but the sexual content has been hindering me. I played the "original" Xbox verison and loved it... Except for the sexual parts. Wouls there be any way to mod the game to remove the ability to sleep with your wife? Maybe a way to make it impossible for her to be "green," or remove the ability to talk to her when she is "green"? And if it is possible, would it be simple editing, or would it need serious modding? I'm not really a coder, and doubt I could make it if it took too much skill.

Any info on this would be helpful.

Psyanide
Re: Making sex inaccessable? [message #4678 is a reply to message #4676] Mon, 21 November 2005 17:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Luke is currently offline  Luke

Solution: Don't talk to her or give her gifts.
Why would you anyway when the rewards are intercourse
and you can easily get the items she provides you with, without her.

It would be a waste of time to delete sexual content
when you can easily avoid it by your choice of will.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/The_Hybrid/untitled.jpg
Working on ToA 0.2 with Drifter

[Updated on: Mon, 21 November 2005 17:45]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Making sex inaccessable? [message #4680 is a reply to message #4676] Mon, 21 November 2005 17:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I agree. But I don't know if my parents would agree. I have siblings that my parents don't want to hear anything. If I could mod out the sexual aspect of Fable, then I'm pretty sure my parents wouldn't mind. And no, it wouldn't be possible to just not let them play it. We share a computer, and it just wouldn't be that simple. I just need to know if it's possible (and reletively easy) to mod out sex in Fable.

Psyanide
Re: Making sex inaccessable? [message #4682 is a reply to message #4676] Mon, 21 November 2005 18:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No not easy because you'd have to delete houses
and go to all Special Female NPC's
and edit them so they will not be able to marry you.
That would take some time.

Re: Making sex inaccessable? [message #4686 is a reply to message #4676] Mon, 21 November 2005 20:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crap. That would be the only way? There's no way I could cahnge a value in the code, or mod the game to not let me marry, or something similar? Because I doubt I'll be able to get Fable if I can't. Again, any help will be much appreciated.

Psyanide
Re: Making sex inaccessable? [message #4688 is a reply to message #4682] Mon, 21 November 2005 20:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
Luke wrote on Mon, 21 November 2005 20:05

Just remove the villageuid from the houses. And then go with all unique npc's. Still, time consuming, and too specialized for anyone to do it for any other reason.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.

[Updated on: Mon, 21 November 2005 20:46]

Re: Making sex inaccessable? [message #4689 is a reply to message #4688] Mon, 21 November 2005 20:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlueTooth wrote on Mon, 21 November 2005 20:45

Luke wrote on Mon, 21 November 2005 20:05

Just remove the villageuid from the houses. And then go with all unique npc's. Still, time consuming, and too specialized for anyone to do it for any other reason.

In other words, there's a code or line of code I could remove from houses and unique female NPCs to make sex not an option? If so, that would be a great help. I'm sure if I can remove sexual actions from Fable, I could get it. Thank you for all your help so far, and for any other help I get!

Psyanide

EDIT: I just realised... Is there any way to completely delete a building? 'Cause I just remembered the prostitute house... Can I remove that from the game? Thank you for any answers!

[Updated on: Mon, 21 November 2005 21:03]

Re: Making sex inaccessable? [message #4690 is a reply to message #4676] Mon, 21 November 2005 21:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

You can do it yourself.
We are not taking requests.
Just remove all the Code pertaining to the building
and it will vanish from the game.

If you do not know how, there are many threads
that explain how to edit code.

I will not give any links. You can use the search button.

Re: Making sex inaccessable? [message #4692 is a reply to message #4690] Mon, 21 November 2005 21:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Luke wrote on Mon, 21 November 2005 21:17

You can do it yourself.
We are not taking requests.
Just remove all the Code pertaining to the building
and it will vanish from the game.

If you do not know how, there are many threads
that explain how to edit code.

I will not give any links. You can use the search button.

I think you misunderstood. I wasn't asking for help modding, just for help with my problem. Since it seems that I can, then I guess I don't need any more help, provided I can find tutorials on how to edit the codes I need to to make sex inaccessible.

Thank you for your help, however. It looks like I might be able to get this game after all.

Psyanide
Re: Making sex inaccessable? [message #4693 is a reply to message #4676] Mon, 21 November 2005 21:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anth is currently offline  anth
i know an easier way just find the sound filez and delete them then vwalla no noise!

paegan and proud
Re: Making sex inaccessable? [message #4695 is a reply to message #4693] Mon, 21 November 2005 21:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anth wrote on Mon, 21 November 2005 21:43

i know an easier way just find the sound filez and delete them then vwalla no noise!

That might be enough... And that wouldn't take serious coding... I guess I can ask if it's OK if I delete the prostitute house and the sound files and I might get a yes.

Thank you Anth! I'm really excited, since I'll finally have Fable! YAY!

Psyanide
Re: Making sex inaccessable? [message #4696 is a reply to message #4676] Mon, 21 November 2005 22:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no prob man hey people i need some one to try my patriotic tatoo antake some screen shots of it in action i replaced the brittish flag with the good ol usa flag!
  • Attachment: legs.bmp
    (Size: 1.00MB, Downloaded 781 times)

paegan and proud
Re: Making sex inaccessable? [message #4697 is a reply to message #4676] Mon, 21 November 2005 22:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
neva mind bout the pics her they r if ya want em

paegan and proud
Re: Making sex inaccessable? [message #4704 is a reply to message #4676] Tue, 22 November 2005 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

"anth".... Double posting is frowned upon here and so is going off topic.

Re: Making sex inaccessable? [message #4706 is a reply to message #4704] Tue, 22 November 2005 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry bout the double posting but i dont know how to put more than two files up without compressing em and i figured that well people like pics before the download! Embarassed

paegan and proud
Re: Making sex inaccessable? [message #4732 is a reply to message #4676] Tue, 22 November 2005 16:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LostInGeneral is currently offline  LostInGeneral
Okay, but the important thing was you went off topic.

Back on topic, though. There is more than one line of code for the women. I'll grant you this; you can easily remove the Bordello from the game. This may seem primitive but if you just delete the door that leads there you'll never be able to go in, in-game.

But you will need to have to use special NPCs to completely eliminate that element. This takes a really long time. Actually, I tried to make a mod sort of like that once - parent friendly, and such - but it fell through, because it is really mind-numbing and time-absorbing work.

ON AN INDEFINITE ABSENCE I know, short notice... sorry everyone.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v324/Dragontoothmoon/newersig.png
Re: Making sex inaccessable? [message #4749 is a reply to message #4732] Tue, 22 November 2005 20:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LostInGeneral wrote on Tue, 22 November 2005 16:44

Okay, but the important thing was you went off topic.

Back on topic, though. There is more than one line of code for the women. I'll grant you this; you can easily remove the Bordello from the game. This may seem primitive but if you just delete the door that leads there you'll never be able to go in, in-game.

But you will need to have to use special NPCs to completely eliminate that element. This takes a really long time. Actually, I tried to make a mod sort of like that once - parent friendly, and such - but it fell through, because it is really mind-numbing and time-absorbing work.

Thank you very much. Though, I do have one more question: If I delete the entire house, would the NPCs still be in the area? Because I'm pretty sure I saw in a screenshot that a few of the women aren't quite... Modest. Would I need to delete the NPCs AND the building (or the door), or just the building/door?

Again, many thanks!

Psyanide
Re: Making sex inaccessable? [message #4750 is a reply to message #4676] Tue, 22 November 2005 20:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, see, the only way you can get in there in the game is through an external door. That is outside the level. So, if you delete that door, you can't gain access to the area.

Also, if you try and remove the sound files you're likely to crash the game.

[Updated on: Tue, 22 November 2005 20:41]

Re: Making sex inaccessable? [message #4769 is a reply to message #4750] Wed, 23 November 2005 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LostInGeneral wrote on Tue, 22 November 2005 20:33

Well, see, the only way you can get in there in the game is through an external door. That is outside the level. So, if you delete that door, you can't gain access to the area.

Crap... If I couldn't just delete the sound files, I doubt the game woudl be worth it, esspecially since I have beaten the original Fable.

Anyways, thank you very much. I had asked my parents if modding the game to not include those parts would be OK, and I haven't gotten an answer, but now I know it would just be too much trouble for me. Thank you very much for your help.

Psyanide
Re: Making sex inaccessable? [message #4771 is a reply to message #4769] Wed, 23 November 2005 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Drifter is currently offline  Drifter
You can't remove it, no. But you could change it. Right?
Re: Making sex inaccessable? [message #4773 is a reply to message #4750] Wed, 23 November 2005 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
spartan is currently offline  spartan
LostInGeneral wrote on Tue, 22 November 2005 23:33

Yeah you beat me to stating that it's generally safe to assume that complety removing any file from a game could result in a crash.
Re: Making sex inaccessable? [message #4818 is a reply to message #4676] Sat, 26 November 2005 21:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey, my friend who has Fable: TLC is trying to find out what will work, and he has a question: Where would the sound files for sex be? Meaning, what section of the game files? If anyone knows, please reply.

Psyanide
Re: Making sex inaccessable? [message #4820 is a reply to message #4676] Sun, 27 November 2005 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm pretty sure they're in the "Ingame.lug" file in the "Sound" folder. Like I said, I don't think you can remove them from there without crashing the game.

Re: Making sex inaccessable? [message #4833 is a reply to message #4820] Sun, 27 November 2005 16:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hunter is currently offline  Hunter

Idle Hands of the Devil
Actually I think its a dialogue sound, in the dialogue.lut or scriptdialogue.lut, haven't actually checked though.
Re: Making sex inaccessable? [message #4834 is a reply to message #4676] Sun, 27 November 2005 20:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My friend is asking me to ask if there's any way to open the sound files? He doesn't have any program to extract the sound files, and therefore no way to mod them. Just to let you know, he tried that sound extractor posted on these forums, but it didn't work. Any help? Thank you if so!

Psyanide
Re: Making sex inaccessable? [message #5295 is a reply to message #4676] Sun, 01 January 2006 21:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Homie is currently offline  Homie

HEY man couldn't you just show your mom the case!
show her the rating
create your account
and if your to young to play the game then don't play Smile
you could always skip those scenes
if they say your to young tell them that you learn it in school anyway you should be learning about health(sex) in middle school.
its a 13+ game i believe maybe i have a bad memory if i forget.
sometimes you have to break to rules
ha what am i doing
just do want you what this is what i would have done
Re: Making sex inaccessable? [message #5298 is a reply to message #4676] Sun, 01 January 2006 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
slowave is currently offline  slowave
If the only problem is that your siblings might overhear something naughty, then why can't you just use headphones or mute the TV?
Re: Making sex inaccessable? [message #19292 is a reply to message #4676] Mon, 21 May 2007 22:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chaotic Rose is currently offline  Chaotic Rose
Ever thought of, Turning your computer/tv on mute so there will be no volume and then steer clear from women/marriage/bordello. And even if your siblings play it I doubt they'll know how to get married and go to the bordello right off the bat, Or when you're not playing it take the disc and hide it away for no one can play it.

[Updated on: Mon, 21 May 2007 22:29]

Re: Making sex inaccessable? [message #19293 is a reply to message #4676] Mon, 21 May 2007 22:36 Go to previous message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
Bumping a 6 month old topic that has run its course?

Let's not be doing that unless it's really adding new information.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Previous Topic: A SERIOUS N00B QUESTION!
Next Topic: .bin editing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:31:18 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01516 seconds