Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Pregnant Wife?
Pregnant Wife? [message #53883] Wed, 26 August 2009 23:27 Go to next message
Velk_the_man is currently offline  Velk_the_man
BTW first post, new to the site as well. probably sloppy, nondiscriptive, poor spelling/grammar, quite frankly though, that's kinda how i roll. lol. but anyways, i'm posting this mostly cause i didn't see anything on this anywhere in the wiki, or searches through other posts.

Ok, so i was just messing around in FE, and i found a text script for the wife titled TEXT_AI_SEX_COMMENT_PREGNANT_01_AF1 and in the text entry it said "I think I'm going to have your baby."

Obviously shows that Lionhead had intended to make it so you could get your wife knocked up, and raise a family of your own, but why even keep the text entry's if in the end you don't end up using them?

Ok, that's sorta off subject, what i want to know is if there's any way to mod the game so you can get your wife pregnant, with the lump in her belly, and all that, the whole shebang? if so, i would love to be in on this, help with creating the mod, or anything else. Any replies to this would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Did a bit more searching in the scripts.big, looks like there's more than just one text scrip for the pregnant wife... if only i could figure out how to mod it to make her pregnant in the first place

[Updated on: Thu, 27 August 2009 00:13]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Pregnant Wife? [message #53886 is a reply to message #53883] Thu, 27 August 2009 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Velk_the_man wrote on Thu, 27 August 2009 01:27

why even keep the text entry's if in the end you don't end up using them?
I always wondered about that kind of stuff myself, but BayStone mentioned an important point about that not too long ago.
BayStone wrote on Sun, 16 August 2009 09:33

It's actually quite common for games to have unused assets in the discs as it is relatively dangerous to start removing that stuff, because the tools rarely work in this depth. If you remove an asset you better make sure there's not one thing on the disc that doesn't need it.

Also, the original Fable is pretty much the epitome of "try and fail" development so that doesn't really help, but from a fans poine of view it's pretty interesting, right?
They may have left it in with other unused assets because going around swinging a delete hammer can break the game if they delete something that's called even once somewhere in the game, and making sure it isn't called can be a hassle. It's far easier to just leave it in the game.
Velk_the_man wrote on Thu, 27 August 2009 01:27

what i want to know is if there's any way to mod the game so you can get your wife pregnant, with the lump in her belly, and all that, the whole shebang?
No.

Welcome to the site, I'm JohnDoe and I'm one of the forum administrators, follow the rules and we'll get along fine. Wink
Re: Pregnant Wife? [message #53893 is a reply to message #53883] Thu, 27 August 2009 09:23 Go to previous message
Velk_the_man is currently offline  Velk_the_man
Thanks for the reply, it's nice to have posted something here, and not have it utterly ignored like i've had it be so many other times on other sites that are sort of like this. Smile

I now understand why they don't take that text script out. I never really thought about that before, it makes sense to have an unbroken game, with a bunch of space used up with things they didn't use, than to try to delete all the unused stuff, not meet a deadline, and possibly break the game.

BTW, i've seen your work, the info you've given people, and some of the mods you've either done yourself, or helped make, and you've done a great job, keep up the good work. I've learned a lot about game design from you, without even being a member of the site, just rummaging through the forums to find info for what to do with FE. I'm hoping now that i have joined the site, i can learn even more about game design, and modding, possibly to the point where i can alter a game like this to allow what i was just asking about (make your wife pregnant and raise a family, like in Fable II, like Lionhead had originally intended to do with Fable I). I hope to be able to contribute to this site, and help others as well. Again, thank you for your reply John, it was much appreciated Smile

EDIT: Looking even more into it revealed that they even had all the hero's children scripts laid out and ready.... hmmmm.... even more to fiddle around with.

EDIT: Even more looking around, found they even had the interactions between hero's wife, and their son/daughter written out.... geez, i wish there was some (known) way to get it so can spawn a child.... Sad

[Updated on: Fri, 28 August 2009 16:15]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Create New Weapon
Next Topic: Disappearing Weapons
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 06:27:01 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01414 seconds