Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Packages » JohnDoe's Slingshots
JohnDoe's Slingshots [message #53907] Thu, 27 August 2009 22:46 Go to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
This mod adds four new weapons, slingshot ranged weapons in the four standard classes, yew, oak, ebony and crystal/master.
Screenshots
Spawn as:

OBJECT_YEW_SLINGSHOT
OBJECT_OAK_SLINGSHOT
OBJECT_EBONY_SLINGSHOT
OBJECT_CRYSTAL_SLINGSHOT

I will update this eventually to include a legendary piece to finish the set. As this is going to be updated, feel free to comment, ask questions, suggest revisions or ideas or whatever in this thread.

Edit: Package updated to fix weird effects issues. Thanks to OldBoy for checking it out and making a fix. Note: If you've used the original mod, you can load this one right over it.

[Updated on: Fri, 28 August 2009 21:40]

Report message to a moderator

Re: JohnDoe's Slingshots DISCUSSION Thread [message #53916 is a reply to message #53907] Fri, 28 August 2009 02:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

Great job. I like them alot. I will bump the power a bit and just use one of these instead of Skorm's bow.

Re: JohnDoe's Slingshots DISCUSSION Thread [message #53917 is a reply to message #53916] Fri, 28 August 2009 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Thanks for the feedback.
I decided not to make them unrealistically overwhelming in power but if they're to replace the longbows then I'd really recommend upping the speed in addition to the damage.
Just for reference, I cut damage to half that of corresponding longbows and speed from 40 to 25.
Re: JohnDoe's Slingshots DISCUSSION Thread [message #53918 is a reply to message #53917] Fri, 28 August 2009 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

Where is the speed? I didn't see any value that was 25.

Re: JohnDoe's Slingshots DISCUSSION Thread [message #53919 is a reply to message #53918] Fri, 28 August 2009 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Speed should be the first value after the CDefs in the SHOT entries. The same entries where you change the damage.
The naming convention is SHOT_OBJECT_[Class]_SLINGSHOT.
Re: JohnDoe's Slingshots DISCUSSION Thread [message #53921 is a reply to message #53907] Fri, 28 August 2009 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mar789 is currently offline  mar789
This mod looks pretty good but im wondering to you get agumentation slots and if you do what does it look like.

<a href="http://www.AWSurveys.com/HomeMain.cfm?RefID=mar789"> $6.00 Welcome Survey After Free Registration!</a>
Re: JohnDoe's Slingshots DISCUSSION Thread [message #53922 is a reply to message #53921] Fri, 28 August 2009 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

Same as all other ranged weapons.

yew: 0 slots
oak: 1 slot
ebony: 2 slots
crustal: 3 slots

Must say John, it would be good to disable the effects on the sling itself, they look silly. On the shot they look nice though.
I'll put up some screens later. (done)

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/2239/2882009195537.th.jpghttp://img29.imageshack.us/img29/7271/2882009195542.th.jpg

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.

[Updated on: Fri, 28 August 2009 11:06]

Re: JohnDoe's Slingshots DISCUSSION Thread [message #53926 is a reply to message #53907] Fri, 28 August 2009 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When you have agumentations on does it shine some were? If it does were? Or have you disabled it.

<a href="http://www.AWSurveys.com/HomeMain.cfm?RefID=mar789"> $6.00 Welcome Survey After Free Registration!</a>
Re: JohnDoe's Slingshots DISCUSSION Thread [message #53927 is a reply to message #53926] Fri, 28 August 2009 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

Look at the screens, I posted them for a reason...

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.
Re: JohnDoe's Slingshots DISCUSSION Thread [message #53928 is a reply to message #53907] Fri, 28 August 2009 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The shining on the weapon is a little messed up from what i can see on the picture but still the weapon lookes great and im sure it will stay great.

Re: JohnDoe's Slingshots v1 [message #53941 is a reply to message #53907] Fri, 28 August 2009 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TkDj6 is currently offline  TkDj6

nice package!
just wondering, is the power made weak due to the fact of it being a child's play item? or is it similar to a long/crossbow?
Re: JohnDoe's Slingshots v1 [message #53957 is a reply to message #53907] Fri, 28 August 2009 21:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
It's been updated to resolve the problem with the effects that OldBoy mentioned. He made and provided the fix so he gets the credit for it.

The updated package can be loaded over the old one without conflicts.
predboy64 wrote on Fri, 28 August 2009 18:07

Ummm i think my Oak Slingshot is Broken everytime i try to put my
my Cuser over it makes Fable Carsh i was wondering if u could help me.
The only thing I can think of, as all of the entries are set right, is that perhaps you've used an oak bow reskin and someone forgot to change Alpha to 0. Because that's the only thing that would cause a crash.
Re: JohnDoe's Slingshots [message #53962 is a reply to message #53907] Fri, 28 August 2009 22:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Forgot to mention, I merged this and the discussion thread. For the reason that I don't think discussion threads are necessary anymore. It was a common practice in the old days, but things have changed a lot since then. Thought I should just mention that so there's no confusion.
predboy64 wrote on Fri, 28 August 2009 23:58

i dont no wat it was but now its Fixed YAY!!!!
Interesting. So it worked just by loading the new one? The only thing that would have any effect would be OldBoy's CObjectAugmentationsDef, but it was unchanged for the most part, just got rid of the particle effects. So meh, I don't know.

But I'm glad it works.
predboy64 wrote on Fri, 28 August 2009 23:58

Also Wats ur Ideas for the Ledgendry Slingshot
That's a secret. Wink

[Updated on: Fri, 28 August 2009 22:41]

Re: JohnDoe's Slingshots [message #54053 is a reply to message #53962] Thu, 03 September 2009 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

Yay! I'll have to get this when I finish tnw

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: JohnDoe's Slingshots [message #70215 is a reply to message #53907] Wed, 02 April 2014 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LittleV is currently offline  LittleV
Hi, everybody.

Ahm, I've been a long time player of Fable, I know it's 2014, but I bring back once in a while, love modding it, and was wondering if I could get some help. Now, this might be basic, but still, I'd love to be able to do it:

I wanna put slingshots (and also separate assassin mask, and also hood) into the trader inventory at the Guild. I've edited it before to contain other items (I've always felt that as a Heroe's Guild Trader, he's terribly deficient) and no problem. But as soon as I put those three items in his inventory (Crystal Slingshot, Stealth Mask, Hood) I kill Fable. Same process as I did all the other inventory changes: go into 9467 at cShop, and hijack stuff that frankly shouldn't be for sale in a Heroe's Guild (Flour Sacks, anyone??. What needs doing??

P.S.: Oldboy, JohnDoe, and all you other moderators and admins who gave everyone so much support, thanks so much. Every question you answer, a hundred guys you never see (like me) find some help.

Thank, guys. Hope one of you greats are still listening!

Added Note: If I put these in a chest, the slinghshot has no inventory graphics, but works. The mask and hood are named after the yew and oak slingshots but are in helmets department and work as well... What's that about? Again, because when I try to give them to a trader, bum! Kills my sweet beautiful Fable...

"...the avatar is, to the metallic memory of chronology, what the subject is to the fruitful forgetfulness of History."

[Updated on: Wed, 02 April 2014 14:40]

Re: JohnDoe's Slingshots [message #70220 is a reply to message #70215] Wed, 02 April 2014 17:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

First off, necropost. The thread's been dead for four and a half years. Check the date of the last post before you post. Now then, your game crashes when you add stuff to that trader because you've seen him before, most likely. You want to modify the CShopDef, you have to do it with a trader whose location you haven't been to before.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: JohnDoe's Slingshots [message #70221 is a reply to message #70220] Wed, 02 April 2014 17:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LittleV is currently offline  LittleV
asmcint,

Sorry! Not really clear on forum etiquette! Ish! Sad

Should I start a new post? I read all the tutorials and couldn't find any specific answer to my issue. So, the problem is, even with a new save this happens! And again, when I put it in a chest, it works, minus the wrong inventory names and graphics.

I figured it was something to do with linking to something else, but I checked both entries for InventoryDef-something and AppearenceDef-something or other, and both were pointing to the right entry (14 thousand something)... Being JohnDoe's, I figured the mod would come idiot-proof, but turns out there isn't such a thing.

Loaded it, and added it to a trader, fresh game, crash.

Any ideas?

P.S.: Glad to see I'm not the only one still playing Fable after 10 years!

"...the avatar is, to the metallic memory of chronology, what the subject is to the fruitful forgetfulness of History."
Re: JohnDoe's Slingshots [message #70224 is a reply to message #70215] Wed, 02 April 2014 20:32 Go to previous message
xxNick is currently offline  xxNick
LittleV wrote on Wed, 02 April 2014 11:54

Added Note: If I put these in a chest, the slinghshot has no inventory graphics, but works. The mask and hood are named after the yew and oak slingshots but are in helmets department and work as well... What's that about? Again, because when I try to give them to a trader, bum! Kills my sweet beautiful Fable...

Good info. What order are you loading the mods in. It sounds to me as though the CInventoryItemDefs of the mask/hood are linking to new text.big entries that weren't packed with it. FE works with what it's got, so when you load the mod and it relinks these entries, it uses the slingshot text entries instead.

If there's a borked CInventoryItemDef in there, missing links or anything like that, you can bet it'll crash a shopkeeper.

Previous Topic: Bowerstone School Re-texture Package
Next Topic: Friendly Bandits
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 04:56:44 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01096 seconds