Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tools Discussion » Fable Explorer Not Working
icon5.gif  Fable Explorer Not Working [message #54108] Sun, 06 September 2009 17:22 Go to next message
Y2K2000 is currently offline  Y2K2000
Well, it's not working for me at least. I have downloaded FE for the purpose of removing scars. When I try to run it, a banner of the character at six different ages appears, but the program doesn't load properly. When I click, there is just a beep noise.

I have honestly tried searching for a solution to this for over an hour now, with no luck. Sorry for any inconvenience, and thank you for your attention.
Re: Fable Explorer Not Working [message #54112 is a reply to message #54108] Sun, 06 September 2009 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
First, do you run Vista?
Second, are you doing something silly like trying to run it alongside Fable or any other tool?
Third, have you manually moved your game files anywhere other than where you installed them?
Fourth, have you changed the properties of any of your game files?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you are the bane of my existence.
If you run Vista, take note of this thread and be sure to check out the links to other threads of interest in that one.
If you're trying to run FE alongside Fable or any other tools, don't.
If you've moved the game files around, put them back or update the registry data.
If you've changed the properties of the game files, make sure that none of them are read-only.
These are all things that I've mentioned before. I'm sure if you need help with something, like the registry, searching for it will give you the results you need.

[Updated on: Sun, 06 September 2009 22:39]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Fable Explorer Not Working [message #54114 is a reply to message #54108] Mon, 07 September 2009 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Y2K2000 is currently offline  Y2K2000
Sorry, I'm just starting out. I was trying to run it alongside Fable... The program is running fine now. Thank you for your help. Smile
Re: Fable Explorer Not Working [message #55037 is a reply to message #54114] Sun, 15 November 2009 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kloper70 is currently offline  kloper70
Hey, I'm having issues with my fable explorer as well. I'm running on vista, and it was working just fine before, but now it says:

Could not find file 'C:\windows\system32\def.xml'

Then it won't let me open any files to mod them.
When I try to mod them, it says that "An unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

The details say it has to do with JIT debugging and a bunch of stuff about JIT debugging that I don't understand...

Help please?
Re: Fable Explorer Not Working [message #55038 is a reply to message #55037] Sun, 15 November 2009 08:34 Go to previous message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

Download the latest def.xml from the 'Fable Explorer Beta 4.1' thread in the tools section.
Put it in your Fable Explorer folder.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.
Previous Topic: TUTORIAL: How To Use FreeRoam On Vista!
Next Topic: Hesperus +24 Trainer Crashes Game on Vista
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 00:51:44 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01405 seconds