Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Packages » New Weapons: Spear Set
New Weapons: Spear Set [message #54842] Wed, 28 October 2009 12:19 Go to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Holy crap, it's almost been a week since my last release...

One ranged weapon, 200 minimum damage. Includes unique quiver, basically replaces the quiver with a spear, how original.
No augment slots, no augments.

One melee weapon, 220 minimum damage, two handed heavy, classified as a sword so that you can still stab corpses. Also no augment slots, no augments. - There needed to be some sort of drawback, this thing is huge.

Spawn as:
OBJECT_THROWING_SPEAR
OBJECT_MELEE_SPEAR

Known issues:
Ranged spear's position during blocking, aiming, firing, just about during any time is a little off. I don't think there's anything I can do about that. Clipping occurs frequently. Easy to see if you're looking for it. That's all I can thing of at the moment, but I'm sure there's more.

No issues with melee spear.

Screenshots:

Enjoy.

Update - Here's the fixed version. Unlike my other fixes, this one works.
Updated again, added melee version.
  • Attachment: Spears.fmp
    (Size: 77.33KB, Downloaded 2025 times)

[Updated on: Thu, 29 October 2009 20:40]

Report message to a moderator

Re: New Weapons: Spear Set [message #54858 is a reply to message #54842] Thu, 29 October 2009 20:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Mod fixed and added on to, I'll be moving it to packages now.
The melee version looks surprisingly good, still wish I could resolve the issues with the ranged one, but it doesn't look like I can fix that.

So, another mod fixed and improved, I promise I'll take my time when making mods from now on. In the meantime, please enjoy my mods.
Re: New Weapons: Spear Set [message #54859 is a reply to message #54858] Thu, 29 October 2009 22:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
James Butts is currently offline  James Butts
Yay!!! Another excelent mod!!!! Very Happy I really should use them someday.......

Damnit, there is no projectile, it looks like you are holding a shaking spear behing your back then stabbing the ground, then someone just randomly bleeds out and dies.

[Updated on: Thu, 29 October 2009 22:24]

Re: New Weapons: Spear Set [message #54865 is a reply to message #54859] Fri, 30 October 2009 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
James Butts wrote on Fri, 30 October 2009 00:03

Damnit, there is no projectile, it looks like you are holding a shaking spear behing your back then stabbing the ground, then someone just randomly bleeds out and dies.
There is a projectile, it just goes kind of fast. I could have made it go slow and/or I could have made it like other throwing objects and have the projectile path arc, but then it'd fall about ten feet away and would hardly ever actually hit anything. Trust me, I tested this.

It would have been much better if I could get the position of the spear right (see first post - Known Issues), but there's nothing I can do about that. It would have been way better if the spear stayed after hitting a creature, unfortunately there's nothing I can do about that either.

[Updated on: Fri, 30 October 2009 01:43]

Re: New Weapons: Spear Set [message #54867 is a reply to message #54842] Fri, 30 October 2009 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
plopk45 is currently offline  plopk45
I have got a problem with the speat whenever i equip it my game suddenly crashes with a dont send error...any reasons why this shoud happen?

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af315/lindamason5/jackofblades_zpse75c43d3.png image, by plopk45
Re: New Weapons: Spear Set [message #54868 is a reply to message #54865] Fri, 30 October 2009 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
James Butts is currently offline  James Butts
No spear appears when I shoot, I mean, if I shoot it at a wall, there should be a spear stuck in the wall, but there isn't.
Re: New Weapons: Spear Set [message #54873 is a reply to message #54842] Fri, 30 October 2009 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
I don't know why this mod would crash or not work for you two, because I just loaded it up on a clean set of files and not only did it work, there was a projectile. And when it hit something, like a wall, or the ground, it stayed there. This mod works.
Re: New Weapons: Spear Set [message #54879 is a reply to message #54873] Fri, 30 October 2009 18:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

Sorry to tell you this John, but this mod makes my game crash.
I tried it on previously modded game files and it crashed. To be fair to the mod I tried it on clean unmodded game files also, it still crashed.
The crash occured when I clicked 'wield' to equip the ranged spear. It came out of the chest with no trouble. The melee spear worked great.

Re: New Weapons: Spear Set [message #54880 is a reply to message #54879] Fri, 30 October 2009 19:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Hmm, well that's very troubling. I'll take another look at it.
The ranged set of entries is complex, all kinds of stuff in that one. I know all the entries are in there, but there could be a bad variable somewhere, I'll check it out.
Re: New Weapons: Spear Set [message #54881 is a reply to message #54880] Fri, 30 October 2009 20:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
I have checked, rechecked, and checked it all over again.
And I have tested after checking.

I can't reproduce any of these problems. I'm sorry. I'm not just saying this because of the past problems or because it's mine, but I have to classify this mod as functional.
Re: New Weapons: Spear Set [message #54891 is a reply to message #54842] Sat, 31 October 2009 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Noctus is currently offline  Noctus

Administrator

I can 100% say this mod works, and I'm on modded gamefiles.

Screenshot of spear and a projectile in a fence:

Sorry it isn't in daylight, I was in somewhat of a hurry, but you can see it.

Excellent work John, looks really nice Smile

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9540/helpmeaaa.jpg
Re: New Weapons: Spear Set [message #55661 is a reply to message #54842] Sun, 10 January 2010 16:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maine is currently offline  Maine
Yea i spawned a chest with the melee and ranged spear and when i opened nothing came out? help? Sad
Re: New Weapons: Spear Set [message #55664 is a reply to message #55661] Sun, 10 January 2010 16:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Maine wrote on Sun, 10 January 2010 18:03

Yea i spawned a chest with the melee and ranged spear and when i opened nothing came out? help? Sad
Either you didn't use the mod properly or your chest script is broken.
Re: New Weapons: Spear Set [message #55668 is a reply to message #54842] Sun, 10 January 2010 18:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maine is currently offline  Maine
so how do i fix my chest script if its wrong?
Re: New Weapons: Spear Set [message #55669 is a reply to message #55668] Sun, 10 January 2010 18:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Individual is currently offline  Individual
Proper Chest Script

This should work...just copy and past this to guild exterior and the chest will be right outside the guild

Also when you do past it make sure it looks like this

It should look like this

Yes and as JohnDoe mentioned. To help us help you, please post anything you think may be needed in solving your problem. including .jpg screen shots of error messages. copy/paste of the text your having problems with. and when posting on a different thread to the mod you having problems with, make sure to link to it.

INDIVIDUALITY - Always remember that you are special and unique, just like everybody else!

SOME PEOPLE - Are just like Slinkys. They aren't really good for anything but you can't help but smile when you push them down the stairs.

[Updated on: Sun, 10 January 2010 18:50]

Re: New Weapons: Spear Set [message #55670 is a reply to message #55668] Sun, 10 January 2010 18:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Maine wrote on Sun, 10 January 2010 20:18

so how do i fix my chest script if its wrong?
Well that would depend on what's wrong with it. And before you ask, I can't possibly know without seeing it.
Re: New Weapons: Spear Set [message #55676 is a reply to message #55670] Sun, 10 January 2010 20:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
charrzarr is currently offline  charrzarr
i love this mod...the only problem is i occasionally manage to shoot myself...or maybe thats a good thing...sorry no pics of me shooting myself but its a bit of a random thing...maybe ill take some pics of spears flying at me for the screenshots thread later...

If all else fails, slap 'em with a fish.
Re: New Weapons: Spear Set [message #57353 is a reply to message #54842] Wed, 26 May 2010 20:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Razerbladenightmare is currently offline  Razerbladenightmare
is this a resize of the crossbow bolt?
Re: New Weapons: Spear Set [message #57354 is a reply to message #55676] Wed, 26 May 2010 21:26 Go to previous message

Retired
charrzarr wrote on Sun, 10 January 2010 22:01

i love this mod...the only problem is i occasionally manage to shoot myself...or maybe thats a good thing...sorry no pics of me shooting myself but its a bit of a random thing...maybe ill take some pics of spears flying at me for the screenshots thread later...
Yes, sadly this is as good as this type of mod is ever going to get.
Razerbladenightmare wrote on Wed, 26 May 2010 22:58

is this a resize of the crossbow bolt?
No. It's a remodeled spear. If you look in the servant quarters at the guild, check out the floor near the fake doors. There should be a pot somewhere in there with some stuff in it. One of the things in the pots is a small spear. I just took that and modeled a new one based off of that, using the same texture.
Previous Topic: Quest mods. Line up and take 'em.
Next Topic: Eternity Project [FINISHED!]
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 09:06:57 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01769 seconds