Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » A Couple Questions From A Newb
A Couple Questions From A Newb [message #54979] Mon, 09 November 2009 21:54 Go to next message
Garethp is currently offline  Garethp
Ok, so I love Fable, and I want to start Modding, but I have no imagination, so I'm just going to steal ideas from other games. Such as Fable 2! For my first Mod, I want to take the Red Dragon from Fable 2 and put it into TLC. What I want to know, is can I make a bow with x amount of ammo before you have to reload?

For those of you who don't know, the Red Dragon is a 6 shot revolver, and basically I want to know if I can have a weapon where you can shoot 6 times before reloading? Failing which, I'll see if I can just make it really fast reloading.

Thanks for reading, and I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place, or if I asked a really stupid question
Re: A Couple Questions From A Newb [message #54980 is a reply to message #54979] Mon, 09 November 2009 22:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Garethp wrote on Mon, 09 November 2009 23:54

can I make a bow with x amount of ammo before you have to reload?
No.
Re: A Couple Questions From A Newb [message #54981 is a reply to message #54979] Mon, 09 November 2009 22:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Garethp is currently offline  Garethp
Thanks for the quick reply. I'm also looking into the basic scripts used, and I was wondering if you could explain a few things for me

Quote:

Player 4;

Why do some objects have Player 4; and some have Player -1;? What does Player do/mean?

Also, is RHSetForward and RHSetUpX the angle to which the object is facing? (I was looking at the spawning chest script)
Re: A Couple Questions From A Newb [message #54982 is a reply to message #54981] Mon, 09 November 2009 22:51 Go to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Player 4 is pretty much everything. Anything you add, with the exception of track nodes, can work as Player 4, so there's no reason to fret about it.

As for what it does or why it's important or what it means, honestly I have no clue.

RHSetForward and RHSetUp control the "flight dynamics" of the position, yaw, pitch and roll. Unless you want things on their sides, you can do with just yaw and have the scripts upright or upside-down by using this:

RHSetForwardX -1 to 1 - Sine.
RHSetForwardY -1 to 1 - Cosine.
RHSetForwardZ Always 0.
RHSetUpX Always 0.
RHSetUpY Always 0.
RHSetUpZ 1.0 for upright or -1.0 for upside-down.

For the sine and cosine, read this. To proof your results, (sine*sine)+(consine*cosine)=1. If it doesn't equal 1, or very close to it, you screwed it up.

If you don't feel like doing any math, you can have one be -1 or 1 and have the other be 0, this will have the script facing one of the four cardinal directions.

East -
RHSetForwardX 1.0
RHSetForwardY 0.0

North -
RHSetForwardX 0.0
RHSetForwardY 1.0

West -
RHSetForwardX -1.0
RHSetForwardY 0.0

South -
RHSetForwardX 0.0
RHSetForwardY -1.0

Alternatively you can use AE or CBox to do this for you.
Previous Topic: Questions
Next Topic: Just a question.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 20:53:21 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01906 seconds