Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Level Scripting » Large Filler/ Area to edit?
Large Filler/ Area to edit? [message #55028] Fri, 13 November 2009 20:34 Go to next message
oryp is currently offline  oryp
Hello, I've been messing around with cbox for a while and I was wondering what is a large filler that I can build a big castle on? It would be nice to know any information on this, thank you for your time.
Re: Large Filler/ Area to edit? [message #55029 is a reply to message #55028] Fri, 13 November 2009 20:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
The largest map is NorthernWastes3_Filler_08.lev. 320x288, unused, but there's a problem. It basically like all of the dragon cliff maps combined, and with the craters it isn't ideal for buildings unless you change the heightmap, and if you do that, it won't match the landscape mesh so you'll really only want to use that one if you're only doing interiors. To add onto it, navdata can be a problem, so if you want moving NPCs other than Twinblade (who ignores navdata), then you won't want to use a filler. But you can use CBox to edit the navdata of square maps which BayStone says works, I've not tested this though.

If you want to find an ideal location, check the maps out for yourself in-game. Go to each region, if you find a map you like, go for it.
Re: Large Filler/ Area to edit? [message #55030 is a reply to message #55029] Sat, 14 November 2009 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EDIT: I've made a huge castle on Prison island the only thing is the nav data problem you explained. is there a step by step to the Editing of that somewhere? (I'm going to hopefully have screens up soon)

[Updated on: Sat, 14 November 2009 19:44]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Large Filler/ Area to edit? [message #55031 is a reply to message #55030] Sat, 14 November 2009 20:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

If twinblade ignores navdata, could it be possible to hi-jack another npc to do the same?

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: Large Filler/ Area to edit? [message #55033 is a reply to message #55030] Sat, 14 November 2009 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
oryp wrote on Sat, 14 November 2009 08:40

EDIT: I've made a huge castle on Prison island the only thing is the nav data problem you explained. is there a step by step to the Editing of that somewhere? (I'm going to hopefully have screens up soon)
Sure. If you use CBox, open the ChocolateBox.ini and change NavModeOn = false to NavModeOn = true. When editing the region, switch to Navigation mode.

Remember, I have no idea if this will work. But, it's an unused map so there shouldn't be any previous data and there won't be any subsets or quest-specific layers or anything, just a blank slate. Check out a different map, like creature hub, to see an example of how it's put together.
morerunes wrote on Sat, 14 November 2009 22:22

If twinblade ignores navdata, could it be possible to hi-jack another npc to do the same?
It ignores navdata because it's using the simpler "shortest distance is a straight line" idea, and the straight line is from Twinblade to the Hero - seek'n'destroy. Outside of that, it can't be put to any other use. Sad
Re: Large Filler/ Area to edit? [message #55035 is a reply to message #55033] Sun, 15 November 2009 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

Too bad we can't make an npc follow the player until he finds a bad guy, at which point it switches targets to the bad guy and goes into "seek and destroy" mode.

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: Large Filler/ Area to edit? [message #55036 is a reply to message #55033] Sun, 15 November 2009 07:58 Go to previous message
JohnDoe wrote on Sat, 14 November 2009 23:36

oryp wrote on Sat, 14 November 2009 08:40

Sure. If you use CBox, open the ChocolateBox.ini and change NavModeOn = false to NavModeOn = true. When editing the region, switch to Navigation mode.

Remember, I have no idea if this will work. But, it's an unused map so there shouldn't be any previous data and there won't be any subsets or quest-specific layers or anything, just a blank slate. Check out a different map, like creature hub, to see an example of how it's put together.
morerunes wrote on Sat, 14 November 2009 22:22

It ignores navdata because it's using the simpler "shortest distance is a straight line" idea, and the straight line is from Twinblade to the Hero - seek'n'destroy. Outside of that, it can't be put to any other use. Sad
okay thanks alot, I might just leave the nav off they still talk and trade, they just don't move or attack. It's not a big problem.
Previous Topic: Custom Cullis Gates
Next Topic: Mistville (Back on track)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:58:37 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01053 seconds