Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Help Please? (Sorry if wrong section)
icon5.gif  Help Please? (Sorry if wrong section) [message #55347] Wed, 23 December 2009 14:42 Go to next message
Gnarffo is currently offline  Gnarffo
Hey, ok well, my problem is that when i mod my Fable: TLC (with some of the awesome mods i've found) with FE they work fine... i load them in, apply changes and run Fable.
They work ingame fine, until i exit out (after world save ingame aswell) and exit out of FE.
It is after i have exited out of FE and run Fable normally (through the icon on my desktop) that absolutely none of the mods work.
I've tried adding these mods numerous times, to no avail.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated Smile
thanks,
Gnarffo

P.S. Sorry again if it's in the wrong section.
Re: Help Please? (Sorry if wrong section) [message #55349 is a reply to message #55347] Wed, 23 December 2009 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

You're in the correct section Wink

But your 'problem' doesn't make any sense to me at all.
Fable Explorer directly changes the gamefiles when it applies a mod.
When you click 'Save mods and run Fable' it rewrites all changed files (hence it can take some time with large mods).
So basically what you say should be impossible.

What did you mod exactly?

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.
Re: Help Please? (Sorry if wrong section) [message #55350 is a reply to message #55349] Wed, 23 December 2009 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heh, i know it sounds pretty odd, but its happening lol, and i'm not liking it one bit Mad
Anyways, here are the exact mods i added:
- 0 silver keys needed.fmp (explanations in the title Razz)
- alignment changing willrobe.fmp (robes changing colour, based on your will)
- camera.fmp (allows to view from further away)
- fasthero.fmp (allows you to move around quicker)
- power of zeus1.fmp (enhances the lightning spell)
- stop time.fmp (stops time? o.O)

Yeah, theres a fair few things there, but eh...
Two more things, 1) i added these mods to a clean install, as recommended in other posts 2) i added the mods in one at a time, not sure if that effected anything.
Also, it's nice to know i picked the correct section Laughing

[Updated on: Wed, 23 December 2009 15:08]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Help Please? (Sorry if wrong section) [message #55351 is a reply to message #55350] Wed, 23 December 2009 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

So when you apply a mod a start the game, the mod works.
You exit and load Fable via your desktop shortcut, and no mods work.
Correct?

If so; as far as I can tell there's only one thing that could cause your problem.
You have 2 separate installations of Fable.

this is not an exit.
Re: Help Please? (Sorry if wrong section) [message #55352 is a reply to message #55351] Wed, 23 December 2009 15:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Right, erm, that sounds a bit... odd? I don't know if that's the word i'm looking for lol.
And yes, it is when i'm loading it from the desktop.
Ok, so, i'm going to clear out my laptop of everything to do with fable, except the modding things, reinstall it again and try adding the mods again.
Thank's for the help and the extremely quick response.
If uninstaling and making sure everything to do with the game is gone doesn't work... well, then i'm screwed i think.

Anyways,
Thanks again for helping Very Happy

[Updated on: Wed, 23 December 2009 15:14]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Help Please? (Sorry if wrong section) [message #55353 is a reply to message #55352] Wed, 23 December 2009 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Well you could do that, but you could also try to locate the two installs. That way you're certain about the problem.
Just try a search on your entire hard drive for 'fable.exe', if you find two of those...

this is not an exit.
Re: Help Please? (Sorry if wrong section) [message #55355 is a reply to message #55353] Wed, 23 December 2009 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn, you are right, i have 2 installations Laughing
Haha, i swear i remember uninstalling it before... ohwell!

Thanks, such a simple explanation for someone who didn't even think of searching their computer Rolling Eyes
It's always the way in my case.
Re: Help Please? (Sorry if wrong section) [message #55356 is a reply to message #55355] Wed, 23 December 2009 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

You can also determine which one is the modded version.
The edits you made by applying the mods made the game.bin a larger file (only slightly though).
Compare both files and delete the installation files of the one that's unmodded.
Of course this will leave some stuff in windows register, but I wouldn't be to bothered about that.
Just create a new shortcut to the modded version.

Alternatively you could just make a new shortcut, and leave the unmodded install in place as a backup, in case you load a bad mod etc. I'd go for this option.

this is not an exit.
Re: Help Please? (Sorry if wrong section) [message #55358 is a reply to message #55356] Wed, 23 December 2009 16:20 Go to previous message
Yeah... i probably would have gone for that option aswell, if i hadn't already uninstalled them both lol.
Previous Topic: arena whisper is a waste of space
Next Topic: a request... for help
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 03:49:11 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01696 seconds