Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » New buyable houses, marriage and npc's
New buyable houses, marriage and npc's [message #55437] Tue, 29 December 2009 21:10 Go to next message
Satoh is currently offline  Satoh
I have been searching for pretty much the last week... (time I spent lurking and reading tutorials)

Having thoroughly decided that I have yet to find any promising information on houses, and likewise have failed miserably at adding them... I turn to you for help.

My problem is this: All the women and some of the men in the world are in love with me, and I can find a place for them all... (also I seem to have somehow deleted two of the ones that particularly interested me due to having somewhat unique voice patterns... I tried to lead them from the guild to Bowerstone, but they still didn't recognize my new house... now they are mysteriously gone from the game and I have no way to recreate such unique NPCs... or any customized NPCs that aren't just normal randomized clones...)

My first question is regarding how to add a new house, like the ones in BS, OV, etc. that are uninhabited and initially for sale...

My second question is, how do I create a custom NPC with specific clothing(and how much can I customize their appearance, am I limited to full outfits or can I choose each clothing piece) and specific vocal patterns... (I'm looking specifically at the female guild recruits that sound somewhat darker in personality, rather than bubbly and giddy...)

Lastly I'd like to know if it is possible to make them able to fight as well, since they seem to have weapon definitions and animations(you can see them sparring)

I'm not looking for anything specifically custom, I just want to specify which clothing type and voice pattern they have. (Though I am interested to know if I can take their hood off)

I suppose it's obvious from my first comment that I'm a bit new.
I am Satoh, pleased to meet you all... if you all decide to, in fact, meet me.

EDIT: My apologies for posting in the wrong area, I'm still getting used to the idea of certain things being considered 'scripting.' I will take more caution and consideration in placing my posts in the future.

[Updated on: Wed, 30 December 2009 03:25] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Adding new buyable houses... I have searched... [message #55443 is a reply to message #55437] Wed, 30 December 2009 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

Satoh wrote on Wed, 30 December 2009 06:10

My problem is this: All the women and some of the men in the world are in love with me, and I can find a place for them all... (also I seem to have somehow deleted two of the ones that particularly interested me due to having somewhat unique voice patterns... I tried to lead them from the guild to Bowerstone, but they still didn't recognize my new house... now they are mysteriously gone from the game and I have no way to recreate such unique NPCs... or any customized NPCs that aren't just normal randomized clones...)

You cannot take a villager to another village and marry them there as far as I know. But I must say my scripting is very rusty.
Villagers are connected to their village I believe. Hence if you want them to merry you, you'll need a house in the same village.

My first question is regarding how to add a new house, like the ones in BS, OV, etc. that are uninhabited and initially for sale...

http://fabletlcmod.com/wiki/doku.php?id=scripting:books_of_s cripts:building_spawning

My second question is, how do I create a custom NPC with specific clothing(and how much can I customize their appearance, am I limited to full outfits or can I choose each clothing piece) and specific vocal patterns... (I'm looking specifically at the female guild recruits that sound somewhat darker in personality, rather than bubbly and giddy...)

You can't change clothes, only do retextures. Thw clothing is part of their model.
As for the voice; change the CEntitySoundDef of the NPC to that of a female apprentice.

Lastly I'd like to know if it is possible to make them able to fight as well, since they seem to have weapon definitions and animations(you can see them sparring)

Change the CAppearanceDef of the NPC you want to be able to fight to that of a female apprentice/whisper/briar rose.
You might also need to change their BRAIN entry, but I'm not 100% sure on that one.

EDIT: My apologies for posting in the wrong area, I'm still getting used to the idea of certain things being considered 'scripting.' I will take more caution and consideration in placing my posts in the future.

My mistake. Thought this was about scripting only, but it isn't. Hence I've put it back where it was.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.

[Updated on: Wed, 30 December 2009 03:22]

Re: Adding new buyable houses... I have searched... [message #55445 is a reply to message #55443] Wed, 30 December 2009 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

If understand you, you want to have more houses, and therefore wives, per region. I added an extra marriage house to each of the regions that you can have a wife in. This may or may not be what you are looking for, but if it is, read this thread:
http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=6954& ;start=0&

It has info on how to in the first, then further down is a link to some tng files with the second house added.

Re: Adding new buyable houses... I have searched... [message #55456 is a reply to message #55445] Wed, 30 December 2009 18:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
charrzarr is currently offline  charrzarr
1. yes u can lead a person from 1 place to another to marry them...i usually marry from the guild so that my wife stands out(at least for bowerstone) its sometimes difficult to get them to stay with u for any amount of time...
2. if u need any tips on how to get them from 1 town to the other without fail u can pm me

If all else fails, slap 'em with a fish.
Re: Adding new buyable houses... I have searched... [message #55457 is a reply to message #55456] Wed, 30 December 2009 19:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

You should read the entire post before commenting. He said he CAN get them to follow, he wants more buyable/marriage houses.

Re: New buyable houses, marriage and npc's [message #55460 is a reply to message #55437] Wed, 30 December 2009 20:05 Go to previous message
Satoh is currently offline  Satoh
Oh, I got so caught up in reading the linked thread I forgot to reply.

I haven't attempted it using your method yet, but it seems I was definitely doing it wrong.

I will(continue to) look into this, thanks.

Now if I could figure out which voice definition goes with which voice...

Also, I'm not sure just yet if I'll try it, but I was considering the possibility of merging a few meshes and making a female apprentice with the hood down... the only thing that's stopping me is fear that I'll bollox up the bones or rigging, thus making the whole model pointless...

Anyone know if NPC models can be edited in such ways?

EDIT: Ok, I downloaded the extra house in bowerstone... but for some odd reason Alvin the Blacksmith was in it and accused me of trespassing... not only that, but my fiancee still didn't recognize the fact that it was there despite the fact she was standing in it... also a bed was oddly wedged halfway into a wall...

I also tried my hand at making a few houses in the guild area... none of which worked at all... maybe my Fable just hates me.

[Updated on: Thu, 31 December 2009 00:01]

Previous Topic: Question: Cdefs to make a new creature
Next Topic: Trying to get started making new weapon...dont know what i need
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 02:06:27 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01583 seconds